Prospect Info: Prospects Part 5: IceHogs/Fuel/College & Juniors/Int'l

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
IceHogs win 3-2. Raanta had 33 saves. But if this game is any indication, the Texas Stars goalie should be on the big club because he robbed the IceHogs on a lot of chances and looked way better than Lehtonen last night.

Teuvo seemed to me like the best player on the ice and was pretty dominant throughout at least the first two periods.

Just watching the progression of his performance he feels like a different player the last couple games. Not sure whether he's extra inspired by seeing guys from Rockford move up or he's over whatever illness he had, but just seems more confident.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Notes: UND played without forward Nick Schmaltz, who is out indefinitely with an arm injury. .

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
IceHogs win 3-2. Raanta had 33 saves. But if this game is any indication, the Texas Stars goalie should be on the big club because he robbed the IceHogs on a lot of chances and looked way better than Lehtonen last night.

Teuvo seemed to me like the best player on the ice and was pretty dominant throughout at least the first two periods.

Just watching the progression of his performance he feels like a different player the last couple games. Not sure whether he's extra inspired by seeing guys from Rockford move up or he's over whatever illness he had, but just seems more confident.

Wasn't he also a notorious slow starter in Finland or am I thinking of someone else?

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I still think Teravainen, unless he does board drills 4 hours a night for the next year, will have a real hard time being a consistent 2C in the West. A winger, maybe, but he just doesn't contribute to zone time and is a lame duck on the boards. His hockey IQ might be high but he'll only get the time and space to use it once every couple games. Ideally, our 2C would be a beast on the puck who can really assist the wingers by winning board battles and keeping things in the offensive zone. Just because Teuvo's defensive game is sound positionally doesn't mean you can just forget about all those other important pieces that make a player a second line center. Maybe he needs a couple years in the AHL to really get his game up to North American style of play or maybe he should be added to a solid trade package.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
he is good at avoiding hits. His Hockey IQ and Vision is just to great. He is one of those that I have no doubt will make it

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
IceHogs hosting the Wild tonight.

Already down 1-0 when Wild scored 6 seconds into a power play.

eta:

Hogs wound up winning 4-3 in OT in a game where they never held the lead.

The entire team seemed a little out of sync with the loss of Nordstrom, Danault and Clendening to the big club and McNeill still injured. Lots and lots of penalties. Darling seemed a little off tonight too, but maybe that was because the defense in front of him was worse.

4th liner Ryan Schnell had a good game though, picking up the Gordie Howe hat trick and Hartman had two goals. The last goal was created by Brennan carrying the puck behind the net on a rush and either feeding Hartman or shooting and Hartman picking up the rebound in close. Svedberg also had a goal.

Also just saw this
ChrisBlock @ChrisBlock · 7m 7 minutes ago
Ted Dent said "doubtful" on Mark McNeill (knee) for Saturday's game vs Milwaukee. "Maybe Sunday (in Chicago)." #IceHogs #Blackhawks

ChrisBlock @ChrisBlock · 2m 2 minutes ago
IceHogs are down to 12 healthy forwards with McNeill (knee) out and Nordstrom and Danault on the NHL roster for the time being.

Last edited:

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
For those Chicago area fans the Hogs will be getting a heavy dose of the Wolves in the next week. Nov. 23, 28 and 29 all on local TV(U Too).

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
@goicehogs: Garrett Noonan takes exception to a Johns hit... and probably regrets it. Johns gives him a face full of fists, & picks up an extra 2 mins

The IceHogs Twitter account is funny this year. Wonder who runs that thing.

Hogs up 3-2, by the way.

Last edited:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
IceHogs wound up holding on to win 3-2 over Milwaukee, who they had not beaten so far this year. Didn't watch but from twitter mentions and the stat sheet it looks like TT was a non-factor. Dennis Rasmussen had a good game finishing with a goal and an assist and TJ Brennan and Kyle Cumiskey got the other goals on power plays.

Chris Block also had a new blog post up ahead of tonight's game with some interesting tidbits about the organization's thinking on McNeill, Morin, and Danault.

http://thethirdmanin.com/2014/11/22...n-mark-mcneill-leighton-more-info-on-mcneill/

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Heading to the wolves/IceHogs game today, I'm sure I'll have some strong drunk observations on the team with writing off no less than 3 prospect and calling one or two the next Gretzky.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Have fun!

Brian Sandalow @BrianSandalow · 36m 36 minutes ago
No McNeill for #IceHogs today. Still day to day, as is Leighton. #Blackhawks

Brian Sandalow @BrianSandalow · 18m 18 minutes ago
Dent on Clendening "I dont want to say he was getting stale here but he was definitely getting frustrated being here, for sure" #Blackhawks

Brian Sandalow @BrianSandalow · 16m 16 minutes ago
Dent on Teuvo hype, Part 1: "It probably weighs on him a bit because he probably reads it and sees it as well." #Blackhawks

Part 2: "Not only expectations he has of himself, but then through the media and what’s generated through social media." #Blackhawks

Part 3: "So, that could have an impact on his mindset for sure." #Blackhawks

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
So I think Pokka has looked really good tonight. He gets his shot through traffic well and makes some slick outlet passes from his own zone. He also knows when to play the body and is generally defensively sound. Really like his play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad