Prospect Info: Prospects Part 5: IceHogs/Fuel/College & Juniors/Int'l

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
This is such a treat to see conpared to last year. This Hogs team looks like they compete more, have a better defensive structure, and despite guys being called up, other guys, young guys and AHL vets are picking up the slack.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
@ESPNChiPowers: Stephen Johns wasn’t completely kept in the loop when he was recalled & reassigned for cap purposes. He was disappointed to be reassigned.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
@ESPNChiHawks: Teravainen sounded frustrated with being in the AHL, but he’s trying to stay optimistic. He met with his agent after the game.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
@ESPNChiPowers: Stephen Johns wasn’t completely kept in the loop when he was recalled & reassigned for cap purposes. He was disappointed to be reassigned.

@ESPNChiHawks: Teravainen sounded frustrated with being in the AHL, but he’s trying to stay optimistic. He met with his agent after the game.

Yeah, did a bit of a ruh-roh when I saw those a few seconds ago.... if the first tweet is true, then I'm honestly shocked that the team didn't have the foresight to imagine the friction that that could cause.

And I just hope that Turbo's brought up sooner rather than later. The longer he's down there, the more trouble it'll cause in the future, I can just tell... just hope that the agent meeting was nothing more than a regularly scheduled social call.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
Finally had a chance to see a Rockford game.

I thought they played very balanced overall, good defense. Hard to say anything about Carruth's performance when he wasn't really tested hard as defensively Rockford played strong.

Pokka seemed solid, whereas Brennan stood out offensively, at least couple of time carrying the puck fast and strong in the the offensive zone coast-to-coast.

I mostly watched to see how TT was doing and he was pretty good, but nothing special. I don't see much improvement with his board play, he seemed to lose evert board battle and the effort seemed so-so. I can see why he is in a line with guys like Mashinter from the physical point of view, to have that board presence, but then again there seemed to be very little organised playmaking for that line. TT had several shots but none were particularly dangerous.

I don't know what is going on with him mentally, but reflecting on the tweets about him feeling the (media pressure), I can imagine it doesn't exatcly help if he is now painted as being so entitled/whining because he's in AHL - assuming TT is not in fact being entitled, but just honest about his feelings of disappointment. From my viewing, I can see why he needs more time in AHL to work on the physical aspects and consistency.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
wonder what the plan is with Teuvo... everybody gets the call, just not him. Like everybody gets a Cup of coffee now and he'll get it after christmas but fulltime

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I was at the game and frankly, no one was good. The closest to good was Cumiskey, he sure can skate. Pokka and Johns are a ways away. Teravainen wasn't good, floating and pouting live.

Despite the 3-0 victory I was very unimpressed with everyone.mill give the benefit of the doubt since I've seen them all play before and they were in the third in 3 but just... Unimpressive.

satchmo

Mar 21, 2012
It just might be, that TT isnt made for NA-hockey. I see he has ten points. Thats not too shabby IMO........

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
TT needs to learn to suck it up and just play hockey. No one is going to feel sorry for him.

i agree to an extent...he knows that he will be on the team next year for sure. So at this point just play your hardest and get called up when ya get called up

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
"#Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman says no timeline on Teuvo Teravainen's arrival: "He could be up in two weeks or two months or not until April."

Chris Kuc tweeted that 3 days ago.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
This could be a complete disaster for TT. He needs to force them call him up and 10 points with a below average +/- won't do it.

Speaks a lot to his character if he can't spend a little time in the AHL without getting depressed about it. We all know that won't sit well with the Vets on the hawks either.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Disaster is a bit much.

Bowman's quotes in the piece Laz put up don't sound overly negative on TT and he agrees with the idea that there is a difference between NHL hockey vs. AHL hockey.

Anyway, IceHogs own the best record in the AHL after this weekend which is neat.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
The TT/AHL thing is being overblown. Every guy down there that feels they can play in the NHL would be frustrated. It doesn't help that English is his 2nd language and he can't articulate himself in the same way.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The TT/AHL thing is being overblown. Every guy down there that feels they can play in the NHL would be frustrated. It doesn't help that English is his 2nd language and he can't articulate himself in the same way.

His English is fine, his play has been... Not good. And his agent was summoned to meet with him. It isn't that overblown.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
His English is fine, his play has been... Not good. And his agent was summoned to meet with him. It isn't that overblown.

Taze em, his overall play has just been inconsistent. It's not that he's just been playing "not good" even if he wasn't particularly good in that last game.

As Dent pointed out in that ESPN article, TT was "brilliant" in that game against the Texas Stars that was the same night the Hawks played the Dallas Stars in the last home game before the road trip. I watched that game and he was totally dominant in it in a way that reminded me of what it's like when Patrick Kane just decides to take a game over and the puck is on his stick constantly. It's just too bad he can't string more performances like that together and for whatever reason as a young guy can't take how hard the organization can be on its young players as motivation to prove them wrong instead of letting that affect him negatively.

Because what worries me in this article is not TT's comments, but Dent's comments. It is troubling seeing Dent compare Teuvo to 4 NHLers who either have been pushed out of the organization in the last year or are in the process of being pushed out.

“Maybe lots of different things going through his head,†Dent said. “You know it just takes time. It doesn’t happen overnight for some guys, as we’ve seen in the past with the [Brandon] Pirris, the [Jeremy] Morins, the [Jimmy] Hayes, the [Dylan] Olsens. It doesn’t happen instantaneously where they become NHL players in their first 10 games here, with the exception of guys like [Patrick] Kane and [Jonathan] Toews that bypass the American League and went right to the NHL. For me, it’s just a process, and he’s just starting that path.â€

Dent could talk about any number of different guys as not making the NHL overnight, but those are the comparisons he makes to TT? Yikes.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
My opinion on him hasn't changed. I think he will be a 50-70 point scorer in the NHL.
Something like 10G 45A.

My concern is this season. I want him to get going because if he is a competent NHL center this season It's just over. I want to see a Saad Teravainen Shaw third line. It makes our lineup dominant.

So basically I'm fine and understand his struggles. I'm not like claiming he is a bust or anything. BUT he represents a Stanley Cup to me this season. Rolling:
Sharp toews Hossa
Versteeg Richards Kane
Saad Teravainen Shaw
Bickell Kruger Smith

.... I just think it's over if Teravainen is competent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad