Prospect Info: Prospects Part 4: IceHogs/Fuel/College & Juniors/Int'l

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
Losing Kevin Hayes would not be as painful as would have losing Stephen Johns. At least the Chicago Blackhawks would receive a second round compensatory pick in the 2015 NHL Draft.

Besides, the Chicago Blackhawks will be flush with forward prospects next season in Rockford:

Hartman, Ryan
McNeill, Mark
Danault, Phillip
Nordstrom, Joakim
Ross, Garret
Broadhurst, Alex
Mashinter, Brandon
Broadhurst, Terry (RFA)
Carey, Matt
Leblanc, Drew

Wait, if Hawks don't sign Kayes, they get a 2nd round pick?

Nothingman*

Maybe that is why they traded a second for Rundblad.....because they already knew/suspected Hayes was not going to sign.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Maybe that is why they traded a second for Rundblad.....because they already knew/suspected Hayes was not going to sign.

Pretty sure the Kayes pick would be for the following draft (2015) so it's probably a stretch to say they're related. If the Rundblad trade suggests anything it's that Stanbo knows that at least one of the 6 (other) Dmen signed for next season won't be back. Of course it could be just as likely that Stan just liked the player and the price and decided he'd figure the rest out later.

SLarmer28*

That makes no sense whatsoever. Rundblad is a defenseman. Hayes is a forward.

If you said that unrestricted free agent defenseman Sheldon Brookbank would not be back, then acquiring David Rundblad makes sense.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The Hogs outshot Abbottsford 48-18 and lost 6-3. I can't even believe the box score I'm looking at. Is that a typo?!

Johns 3 shots and a +1.
McNeill 1+1.
Clendening 1G.

McNeill seems to be coming along nicely.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
The Hogs outshot Abbottsford 48-18 and lost 6-3. I can't even believe the box score I'm looking at. Is that a typo?!

Johns 3 shots and a +1.
McNeill 1+1.
Clendening 1G.

McNeill seems to be coming along nicely.

Hogs proved they are ready for NHL/Hawks- outshot Heat by 30 and still lost...

SB signed Runblad- probably cuz 27/32 are dinged badly enough that one or both might be subpar for playoffs... why Oduya was allowed/selfish - to play in Olympics -when He was hurt prior to that is garbage...

Hopefully- both are gone next year- giving Hawks over $5M in Cap to get another stud forward... let Dbeck/Johns/ or Cdening play on the Cheap

Nothingman*

That makes no sense whatsoever. Rundblad is a defenseman. Hayes is a forward.

If you said that unrestricted free agent defenseman Sheldon Brookbank would not be back, then acquiring David Rundblad makes sense.

Because they get a second if Kaye's walks and we traded a second for those players. I am talking about the pick not the players.

As stated above yes it is for 2015.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Johns managed to be a +1 with 3 shots in his first game with Rockford last night..They lost to Abbotsford 6-3 but out shot them 48-18...just awful contending for Rockford. ..Laborer lets in 4 on 12 shots and Simpson topped up with 1 let im om 5 shots...the 18th slot was an en goal.. BUT obviously Rockford would have betterresults if they had contending..they fo not and it still is the weakest link in the Blackjack farm and pipeline.Stan needs to get serious about drafting better oalie to fill this org weakness in its feeder line.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
The D outside of Johns pairing was abysmal. On one goal Dahlcamp took out Clendening leaving a Heat player alone in front of the net.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Any of our Ontario-based friends in here following the OHL Draft today at all?

good day for Chychrun, Brown and Jones - all three kids went first round with Chychrun going #1 overall as reported yesterday.

a bit surprised to see how low Nick Pastujov went. Figured he would have been picked a round or so higher regardless of USNDP.

I am still floored that Lewandowski and Lalonde havent been selected yet.....very surprised.

good for Melaragni and Knierim as both kids should be solid OHL players....why the hell did Melaragni drop so low in this draft??? college fears?

happy for Shaun Bily as well, once hyped to the heavens, good to see him still a viable name and a potential prospect.

If Keller and Pastujov report to the OHL after their USNDP term, you have the steals of the draft right there.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
The McNeill goal last night was a beauty. Got a nice little chip pass from A. Broadhurst, exploded in his first 2-3 strides right by the Dman wide, lowered his shoulder, cut to he net, and beat the goalie and deposited the puck into a gaping net.

McNeill's problem has been consistency.. if he makes a habit out of driving the net like that, he'll be on the team in the not-too-distant future.

bookjones

Aug 15, 2010
Johns with his first professional goal tonight.

And Hartman with his 1st AND 2nd pro hockey points (0+2) in tonight's game too!

3rd Per comeback the Hogs staged had them sooooo close to taking it to OT but alas it was not to be.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
And Hartman with his 1st AND 2nd pro hockey points (0+2) in tonight's game too!

3rd Per comeback the Hogs staged had them sooooo close to taking it to OT but alas it was not to be.

I only saw the highlights, but Johns' goal was pretty nice. I like that he has that offensive aggresiveness.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Once again Rockford out shoots a team by a wide margin and does not give up many shots but loses because their goalie cannot stop pucks..imagine where they might be in the standing if they had good goaltending? But that is the weakest link in the Blackhawks pipeline.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
The Icehogs are also bad defensively.. but I guess we'll ignore that and put it all on goaltending.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
You call Kent Simpson giving up 4 goals on the first 5 shots faced not bad goaltending and ead want to blame that putrid example of NOT STOPPING THE PUCK on the lousy Rockford defense..well I beg to differ...goalies must be the last line of defense and bail their teams out on either baffled defense or lucky bounces to opponents or even on hardy stop defections...You simply cannot call save%s not im the top third of the league anything but bad goaltending...and Rockford usually way out shoots opposing teams so OT is.not the Rockford goalied usually getting bombarded...rather the truth is they just are not any good..and that is saying it kindly.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
We have so many NHL ready prospects. If we get into trouble cap wise I think many guys on our team can be replaced on the cheap internally.

For example:
Mashinter is a really good Bollig replacement
Morin can replace any bottom 9 wing spot.
Clendening can replace any OFD spot.
Dahlbeck can replace any DFD spot
Nordstrom can play a 2 way F spot.
Need physicality in the bottom pairing? Johns.

All those guys can plug and play there respective roles RIGHT NOW.

Next year I'll be comfortable adding Danault as a bottom 6er/pker and McNeill as a bottom 6 wing as well.

That's 8 guys that are ready to contribute at the NHL in one role or another.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
No was Default andNeIl are NHL ready yet or if ever..If you mean adding them next season..forget it..If they develop in the NHL after another season there.. then we will discuss it..but by develop I mean improve..where they are now is not hood enough forth NHL level.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Does anyone remember what the cap was when T and K signed their current contracts paying them each $6.3 million per year? The cap next season probably about $71 million down from the expected $73 Million before the declining the $CDN. ...meaning by the season after next when T + K get paid on their raised new contracts at probably $9 million each or mormeaning you must e.. The cap that year will be at least $75 million...so the question is how much of the cap in % terms fo their new contracts per yr represent of the total cap to start..and how much differential is that % of total cap from what it was when they last.started their current contracts? IF the differential now is different significantly it means we must be.overtaking them relative to theirprior allocation of the total cap in the starting year of a contract..If we are..has there production hone.up to match the pay raise and justify it to such an extent? IF NOT then again we are overpaying them on that measure too... Raising the cap allocation for the same 2 spots justified or not..means that allocation to other roster spots is under-allocated...so you need to budget less for othervspots you previously paid a higher allocation of the cap budget to...so usewe Maurice need cheaper support csdt grunts but cheaper is no guarantee that all such replacements will equal or better current incumbents.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
Cap will be lucky if it gets to $70 mil. The last report was $68.8 mil.

2010-11 $59.4 cap

about a $7.42 mill cap hit using same % but remember they signed that contract during the 09-10 season. So don't expect same % after winning 2 Cups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad