Prospect Info: Prospects Part 4: IceHogs/Fuel/College & Juniors/Int'l

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
7 in a row is impressive.
Gave me something to listen to while getting some work done today. I wish they always played during the day on Thursdays and Fridays

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Yeah I'm on break so I got the chance to watch that game. Fun one to watch, although I really don't like how much they dump and chase, but whatever, they're winning.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
IceHogs were already down 1 when I put on their game, but have been carrying play the whole time I've been watching.

McNeill ties it up with a goal. Brennan, Danault with assists.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I just don't understand why people can do an online stream with their cell phone that looks better than the Hog's feed. The picture on my grandma's mini kitchen TV in the 80's looked crisper than this.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
McNeill hat trick!

eta: Pretty fun backhanded clear for the natural hat trick and on hat night. :)

That makes 8 wins in a row.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I'd usually say "wow I don't know how much longer they can keep him down!" But they kept Morin, Pirri, Clebdening, etc. years after they started dominating the A

Pirri and Morin each only had 1 PpG season, and Morin's PpG season was in 47 games. They were hardly "dominant" for years prior to getting a shot.

You don't and can't just call someone up because they're playing well for 10 games. You call them up if you think they can help your team more than who they'd be replacing and especially with young players, have enough of a role so that they can continue to develop.

McNeill is off to a very strong start.. but his problem has always been consistency. He's certainly helping his cause to be called up, but he hasn't done enough to show he's too good for the AHL or anything like that - he's just been hot.

Nothingman*

Didn't McNeill start off hot last year then tail off for a stretch?

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Didn't McNeill start off hot last year then tail off for a stretch?

Nothing like this though. He had 9 points in 11 October games last year.

Again, with McNeill, it's always been consistency - and it's not about points, it's about the way he plays. When he's moving his feet, and driving to the net, he's a load to deal with. He's got good hands, a hard and accurate shot, and enough hockey sense and vision to make plays.. but it's playing with consistency game out and shift out that will define his career.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Nothing like this though. He had 9 points in 11 October games last year.

Again, with McNeill, it's always been consistency - and it's not about points, it's about the way he plays. When he's moving his feet, and driving to the net, he's a load to deal with. He's got good hands, a hard and accurate shot, and enough hockey sense and vision to make plays.. but it's playing with consistency game out and shift out that will define his career.

Agreed. Consistency will be the thing with McNeill. He is very Bickell-ish but maybe he find it this season. Bickell certainly never lit up the AHL like McNeill is (in a small sample,granted).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad