Prospect Info: Prospects Part 4: IceHogs/Fuel/College & Juniors/Int'l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
BC beats UMass-Lowell 4-3 and heads back to the Frozen Four. Hayes with 1g+2a. +2

He had a nice diving play at the end to clear the zone while Lowell had the extra attacker, and then missed a neutral zone shot on the empty net.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
BC beats UMass-Lowell 4-3 and heads back to the Frozen Four. Hayes with 1g+2a. +2

He had a nice diving play at the end to clear the zone while Lowell had the extra attacker, and then missed a neutral zone shot on the empty net.

He is looking quite good.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So BC plays Union and North Dakota plays Minnesota in the semi-finals of the Frozen Four on Thursday April 10th.. The winners play in the Championship Final on Saturday April 12th....I am hoping cor a BC vs.North Dakota Final..Hayes and Clan vs.Johnson and Mattson. ..Not sure they will sign Holl of Minnesota..he projects as a marginal 6-7 man if he even gets a shot in our system or as a 4th line wingers..he can skate but doesn't score a lotnor is he that physical..But he moves the puck well...not a differenc-maker.. For North Dakota..Luke Johnson is a freshman and the wingers should get better over 3 more years of developing there..Mattson is a Jr. I think they will sign him after next season..I always liked his offensive potential and I think he has improved defensively..

Sharp1024*

John Moore of NY Ranger is a restricted Free Agent at the end of the year. He is from North Suburbs, family lives in Chicago, all his friends live in Chicago. Grew up Die Hard Hawks fan. Family lives in same town as many of the executives of the Chicago Blackhawks.

He certainly is potential free agent D signing.

Keep this in mind. From a guy who knows one of the family members, personally.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
John Moore of NY Ranger is a restricted Free Agent at the end of the year. He is from North Suburbs, family lives in Chicago, all his friends live in Chicago. Grew up Die Hard Hawks fan. Family lives in same town as many of the executives of the Chicago Blackhawks.

He certainly is potential free agent D signing.

Keep this in mind. From a guy who knows one of the family members, personally.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

I really think we are going to see an overhaul of the bottom 4 on D. I think only Hjalmarsson and Leddy survive.

Many talking about johns not signing (yet he repeatedly says he will) and the Rundblad trade (which doesn't make sense unless they do let some go) point to this fact.

I expect a Hjalmarsson/Leddy, dahlbeck/Johns/Rundblad/Rfa like Moore bottom 4.

bookjones

Aug 15, 2010
As Mentioned above unbridledid. We still have 15 players playing NCAA hockey right now, that will join the Hawks in the future.

Ok.. I know about some of them and follow them, but not as close as others do, and will defer to them as I always have.

These players are 22 and under playing at NCAA power houses of North Dakota, Michigan, Yale, Boston College, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc.

Same as above.

We have some talent coming down the pipeline once they finish their college careers. So do not get all overwhelmed by what we have in Rockford.

When was I "all overwhelmed" here or anywhere else about the play of the Icehogs ?

We have 6 Defenseman under 20 playing in Sweeden and Canada. Just because they are not in Rockford does not mean, they won't be part of the future.

Sounds reasonable, and again I am not nor have been "all overwhelmed" by the Icehogs.

Meh, you're good unbridled. All you did was post some news links.

In any event, the Blackhawks had 14 NCAA prospects for the 2013-14 season---13 skaters + 1 goalie not 15. And they had 5 defensemen in Sweden & Canada not 6---3 in SWE + 2 in the CHL. :)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
As for Johns not signing yet..maybe he still must finish classes to graduate? Or maybe the Hawks are at 50 contracts and cannot sign more till they pare some contracts this summer? But even if they could sign him now..he could not play in playoffs. ..so no point in bringing him in now anyway.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Made a topic of its own already, but if you're following the Toledo Walleye on Twitter you'll probably want to switch over to the Indy Fuel next year as they'll apparently be our ECHL affiliate moving forward.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
bruins fan here and long time boston college season ticket holder. gotta tell ya, i was skeptical of kevin hayes his first couple years but he took a step forward last year. this year he has been an absolute beast.

he was suspended for a while last year and then really suffered a devastating injury that required multiple surgeries (think he has a pic of it on twitter). lucky to even be playing hockey. judging by his skating you can't even tell he was ever hurt.

he protects the puck well, has great anticipation and vision and this year he has added the aggressiveness that was missing in the past. he shoots more and his goal total reflects that. he's a premiere playmaker. different kind of player than jimmy.

i have no inside info but part of me hopes he doesn't sign with you so the bruins can go after him. quite a transformation from when he first arrived at BC. hard for me seeing him not going on to a great nhl career. i'm thankful the hawks have been patient with him, it has really paid off.

Nothingman*

bruins fan here and long time boston college season ticket holder. gotta tell ya, i was skeptical of kevin hayes his first couple years but he took a step forward last year. this year he has been an absolute beast.

he was suspended for a while last year and then really suffered a devastating injury that required multiple surgeries (think he has a pic of it on twitter). lucky to even be playing hockey. judging by his skating you can't even tell he was ever hurt.

he protects the puck well, has great anticipation and vision and this year he has added the aggressiveness that was missing in the past. he shoots more and his goal total reflects that. he's a premiere playmaker. different kind of player than jimmy.

i have no inside info but part of me hopes he doesn't sign with you so the bruins can go after him. quite a transformation from when he first arrived at BC. hard for me seeing him not going on to a great nhl career. i'm thankful the hawks have been patient with him, it has really paid off.

You guys are in the same boat we are. When healthy there are not many, if any, spots available for him on the Bs.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
So Clendening is currently the second leading scorer among defensemen in the AHL, and he's on pace for 60 points.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So what is the hold up with Johns not yet signing? Is he demanding a one-way deal? Is it money amount? Because even if he was only a second rounded,Hawks gave Van Riemsdyck a n equivalent to first rounded money but of course not on a one-way...So you would think the Hawks would give at least the same money to Joins..But a big difference of you only get the ALL amount om a 2-way if you cannot win an NIL roster spot with the big club.. So is that the hold-up or is.it the 50 contracts thong of which the Hawks must free up space for more contracts to add again..in which case they cannot pare down some expiring contracts till the summer? Or is it some other team he has his heart set on playing for?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
People do realize ND is still in classes , Right?

Johns has always expressed the importance of his education ,, He was never gonna be one of those guys who just ups and leaves at first chance

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
People do realize ND is still in classes , Right?

Johns has always expressed the importance of his education ,, He was never gonna be one of those guys who just ups and leaves at first chance

In his defense, it is fairly rare for a player to not leave right away. Usually schools have ways of accommodating them finishing their classes remotely or over the summer after the season is over with. Not criticizing Johns at all, just saying that it is rare for a guy, especially one of Johns' caliber of player, to stick around until the end of the semester and not leave to play right away.

Last edited:

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
Johns has always put his commitment to ND first. He was doing camps when prospect camp was going on in previous years. My guess is that he wants to graduate with his class. If he graduates in 4 years, the kid deserves to walk across that stage and pick up his diploma.

poes law

Nov 11, 2013
Johns has always put his commitment to ND first. He was doing camps when prospect camp was going on in previous years. My guess is that he wants to graduate with his class. If he graduates in 4 years, the kid deserves to walk across that stage and pick up his diploma.

I don't see why that would stop him from signing an NHL contract that starts next season. That would allow him to finish up his schooling while he doesn't have any contractual obligation to leave school now. If he's waiting for graduation to turn pro, the playoffs would have already begun, so signing an NHL contract for next season now is no different than signing after graduation, unless he thinks he's going to get playoff games for Chicago this season. The biggest difference is, if he signs now, he puts to ease a lot of the apprehension people have that he is going to test out free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad