Prospect Info: Prospects Part 4: IceHogs/Fuel/College & Juniors/Int'l

Status
Not open for further replies.

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011
I asked Scott Powers about Kayes signing. Here is reply:

"Moose, I brought up that rumor to Maciver today, and he said they fully anticipate signing Hayes when his season is done. He didn't expect a problem with signing him or Stephen Johns. Maciver was pretty open too because he said they were still evaluating whether to sign Justin Holl and said they wouldn't be signing Gotovets."

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012

"Moose, I brought up that rumor to Maciver today, and he said they fully anticipate signing Hayes when his season is done. He didn't expect a problem with signing him or Stephen Johns. Maciver was pretty open too because he said they were still evaluating whether to sign Justin Holl and said they wouldn't be signing Gotovets."

Really interesting and good news. Thanks for sharing.

SLarmer28*

Your forgot to complain about Country Club system turning all the tough prospects into soft wimps ;)
The Country Club system under the direction of Coach Q is turning all the Chicago Blackhawks prospects into Florida Panthers.

SLarmer28*

Just sign Stephen Johns.

Imagine a pairing of Leddy and Johns.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't see the point of this thread, we are just going to lose all of our prospects anyway. They will either get shipped to Florida, or sign as UFA's. :sarcasm:

Sharp1024*

I don't see the point of this thread, we are just going to lose all of our prospects anyway. They will either get shipped to Florida, or sign as UFA's. :sarcasm:

There really isn't a whole lot of room on the team right now.

I don't have an issue with us trading prospects away for future picks. I am a fan of what Bowman is doing. Our inner core is locked up for next 3 years (Assuming Kane and Toews resign). So that locks up are top 2/3 lines for a run. We keep bringing up young guns to fill out the 4th line.

Having top prospects is nice, but it's not a necessity right now. We have lots of hopefuls in NCAA and Europe that are under 21.

We have a top ten farm system, that looks very balanced besides goaltending. I trust the system, and what they are doing. Considering where we have drafted last 5 years we are doing really well.

From what I have seen only top 20 players in each draft you can really count on to make the NHL, otherwise it is a crap shoot.

If the players don't look like they will impact the lineup when their contract ends we will just trade away, and replenish on draft picks.

We don't need to sign our prospects to long term deals right now, unless they are worth it. With the salary cap we need the 3rd and 4th line guy to be minimum wage guys.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
There really isn't a whole lot of room on the team right now.

I don't have an issue with us trading prospects away for future picks. I am a fan of what Bowman is doing. Our inner core is locked up for next 3 years (Assuming Kane and Toews resign). So that locks up are top 2/3 lines for a run. We keep bringing up young guns to fill out the 4th line.

Having top prospects is nice, but it's not a necessity right now. We have lots of hopefuls in NCAA and Europe that are under 21.

We have a top ten farm system, that looks very balanced besides goaltending. I trust the system, and what they are doing. Considering where we have drafted last 5 years we are doing really well.

From what I have seen only top 20 players in each draft you can really count on to make the NHL, otherwise it is a crap shoot.

If the players don't look like they will impact the lineup when their contract ends we will just trade away, and replenish on draft picks.

We don't need to sign our prospects to long term deals right now, unless they are worth it. With the salary cap we need the 3rd and 4th line guy to be minimum wage guys.

You must of missed the sarcasm.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Chicago should just give all of its draft picks to Florida from now on. It's not like the third winningest coach in NHL history knows what to do with prospects who have proven they belong in the NHL.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The Hawks for whatever reason, don't like their prospects to go to the AHL. Saad and Kruger were straight to NHL. Leddy and Shaw spent about a half a season in the AHL before being in the NHL full time. Those guys all only really played in the AHL extensively due to the Lockout.

I'm betting on Teravainen sticking and that'd be another guy who didn't spend time in the AHL. Bollig and Smith are all Rockford has to show in terms of guys who stuck around in the AHL for a bit. Pirri, Hayes, Olsen.. all Panthers. Not so sure Morin's got a future with the Hawks either.

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011

Everything Hayes and Johns have said show they want to be here, and we would of course want them here.

http://www.suntimes.com/21274149-41...ting-wicked-long-time-to-join-blackhawks.html

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackhawks/post/_/id/4679317/qa-with-hawks-prospect-kevin-hayes

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=704703

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Imagine Leddy y and Johns? Pairing...I would rather imagine Paliotta and Johns..then no forwards gonna mess with us behind the net or at the crease..Leddy still just another of the softest and I do not think he is that special a "difference-maker..Where is Yis shot? He ain't no Tyson Barrie. .else he would have 4GWGs. ..now that my friends is difference-making..He ain't no nAsty physical shutdown guy..He gives at times great rushes but nothing comes of them..He is what he is..a decent 5th D. ..but not beyond a cdftsin price level..which is why they will trade Leddy when he demands too much for a 5th D on the next contract.

Sharp1024*

The Hawks for whatever reason, don't like their prospects to go to the AHL. Saad and Kruger were straight to NHL. Leddy and Shaw spent about a half a season in the AHL before being in the NHL full time. Those guys all only really played in the AHL extensively due to the Lockout.

I'm betting on Teravainen sticking and that'd be another guy who didn't spend time in the AHL. Bollig and Smith are all Rockford has to show in terms of guys who stuck around in the AHL for a bit. Pirri, Hayes, Olsen.. all Panthers. Not so sure Morin's got a future with the Hawks either.

WarriorofTime
Teravainen will stick around, because they need to evaluate if they should resign Handzus this off season. Need to evaluate the Blackhawks Center position depth since it seems to be thin with Bickell sometimes playing wing and injured all year. Need to evaluate since Toews took a giant percentage of defensive zone faceoffs in playoffs.

I truly think Pirri and possible Hayes could have played consistently for Hawks. Think it came down to financials and talent evaluation. Remember we need the 4th line and a couple other guys to make minimum wage salaries. Need to make rookie salaries to balance the books and stay under salary cap. If there is a bunch of other talent at equal level, than we can play them instead of extending their contracts. It's a financial game as well that people forget.

We have the core set, just need role players around them.

I trust the GM to make good decisions on who to keep in the system and to move on. No point in giving Pirri a contract extension when you have Teravainen coming up right behind him. Olsen, and Hayes for a player who can play on the top 3 lines. A player who can be part of the core and whose contract extends for next 3 years. It was a great trade.

Trade Pirri for draft picks, who were not going to resign. Maybe we will flip those draft picks for a high first round draft pick.

Sharp1024*

As Mentioned above unbridledid. We still have 15 players playing NCAA hockey right now, that will join the Hawks in the future.

These players are 22 and under playing at NCAA power houses of North Dakota, Michigan, Yale, Boston College, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc.

We have some talent coming down the pipeline once they finish their college careers. So do not get all overwhelmed by what we have in Rockford.

We have 6 Defenseman under 20 playing in Sweeden and Canada. Just because they are not in Rockford does not mean, they won't be part of the future.

Nothingman*

WarriorofTime
Teravainen will stick around, because they need to evaluate if they should resign Handzus this off season. Need to evaluate the Blackhawks Center position depth since it seems to be thin with Bickell sometimes playing wing and injured all year. Need to evaluate since Toews took a giant percentage of defensive zone faceoffs in playoffs.

I truly think Pirri and possible Hayes could have played consistently for Hawks. Think it came down to financials and talent evaluation. Remember we need the 4th line and a couple other guys to make minimum wage salaries. Need to make rookie salaries to balance the books and stay under salary cap. If there is a bunch of other talent at equal level, than we can play them instead of extending their contracts. It's a financial game as well that people forget.

We have the core set, just need role players around them.

I trust the GM to make good decisions on who to keep in the system and to move on. No point in giving Pirri a contract extension when you have Teravainen coming up right behind him. Olsen, and Hayes for a player who can play on the top 3 lines. A player who can be part of the core and whose contract extends for next 3 years. It was a great trade.

Trade Pirri for draft picks, who were not going to resign. Maybe we will flip those draft picks for a high first round draft pick.

I would think this is his last year.

Sharp1024*

I would think this is his last year.

I agree. We only have 3-5 million projected in cap space. I suspect we will address Kane and Toews contracts this summer. We are evaluating Regin right now who will be a free agent. Shop around from someone that works.

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
As Mentioned above unbridledid. We still have 15 players playing NCAA hockey right now, that will join the Hawks in the future.

Ok.. I know about some of them and follow them, but not as close as others do, and will defer to them as I always have.

These players are 22 and under playing at NCAA power houses of North Dakota, Michigan, Yale, Boston College, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc.

Same as above.

We have some talent coming down the pipeline once they finish their college careers. So do not get all overwhelmed by what we have in Rockford.

When was I "all overwhelmed" here or anywhere else about the play of the Icehogs ?

We have 6 Defenseman under 20 playing in Sweeden and Canada. Just because they are not in Rockford does not mean, they won't be part of the future.

Sounds reasonable, and again I am not nor have been "all overwhelmed" by the Icehogs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad