Prospect Info: Prospects Part 4: IceHogs/Fuel/College & Juniors/Int'l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp1024*

If there is any question at all about this they need their eyesight examined.

Well it all depends on who is availble. Who is free and how much will they cost and how good are they compared to Handzus.

It all depend on how far a drop off is from Handzus to another center is. It's more complex and evaluated than Handzus is an old man.

He may not be great, but a quality player that fills our needs.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Ryan Hartman and Plymouth were eliminated from the OHL playoffs. He's expected to join the Icehogs, most likely in the next 2-4 days. Hartman had 4 assists in 5 games as Plymouth lost to OHL top-seed Guelph.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
I had totally forgotten about Hartman, bc he never pans out in NHL 14

Sharp1024*

Fully expecting to see Hartman in the Indian Head fulltime at some point, but probably not for at least another season.

Ohhhhh..... guess who was right. Everyone was complaining about our farm system. Forgetting that our farm system expands out farther than Rockford.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
JHayes with a nice game today. 2g, 2a - great move, great shot, and no look pass on 1 assist.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
North Dakota beats Ferries State 2-1 to win the Mid-West Regional so they advance to the Frozen Four....No Pts for Luke Johnson but Nick Mattson assisted on both North Dakota goals.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Was Johns the goat with a turnover on the OT winner for St.Cloud St....or was the poster above just putting down a prior poster's monster hype.on Johns? Cause if he roofed you know when he does that with us Q will yank him and send him down..but of course when Keith goods with a sloppy -4 no show game well Q just shrugs..no punishments when his vets stink up.

Point is..no points for Johns tonight in the big game..Guard the hype..You gotta be a difference-maker

..and if yo da goat. .temper the hype even more..Not the 2nd coming.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
One thing about Bowman is that he will use automatic playing time on the Hawks as a recruiting tool to sign players. He did it with Carey and I expect he will have to do it with Hayes and Johns as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Johns and Hayes are on the team when we break camp next year for that exact reason.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
One thing about Bowman is that he will use automatic playing time on the Hawks as a recruiting tool to sign players. He did it with Carey and I expect he will have to do it with Hayes and Johns as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Johns and Hayes are on the team when we break camp next year for that exact reason.

Carey and LeBlanc got playing time because of the increase of the roster size after the trade deadline.

The possibility of either Johns and Hayes being on the opening night roster is pretty slim. Both of them being on the opening night roster is even slimmer.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I'm thinking they were told they'd get an immediate cup of coffee to sign here. I'd much rather see Danault, McNeil or an energy guy like Ross get a shot.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Was Johns the goat with a turnover on the OT winner for St.Cloud St....or was the poster above just putting down a prior poster's monster hype.on Johns? Cause if he roofed you know when he does that with us Q will yank him and send him down..but of course when Keith goods with a sloppy -4 no show game well Q just shrugs..no punishments when his vets stink up.

Point is..no points for Johns tonight in the big game..Guard the hype..You gotta be a difference-maker

..and if yo da goat. .temper the hype even more..Not the 2nd coming.

Because Keith is a top-5 Dman in this league. For.. ****s.. sake.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011

Q decides who plays and who doesn't. Bowman can put them on the roster, but Q decides if they play. The Hawks can afford to have these kids on the roster without playing, so they get an NHL paycheck.. that's enticing for a lot of these kids coming out of College.

Carey and LeBlanc both know/knew that they weren't guaranteed to start with Chicago once training camp rolled around after the off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad