Prospect Info: Prospects Part 4: IceHogs/Fuel/College & Juniors/Int'l

Status
Not open for further replies.

spittoon

Mar 25, 2009
Doubtful that a career minor league talent like Brennan would be first call

Dahlbeck IMO would get call

Seems to be your mantra on Brennan...He's 25 yrs old, hardly a career made. So what is your cutoff on whether a guy is a 'career minor leaguer'? 23? 24? 25? Games played? Because I'm sure you've followed the kid's career long enough to know all the circumstances on why he may or may not have gotten any extended looks at the Big Club. Like lack of injuries, etc..

sheesh..

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Yikes. That is really not a good thing at all.

Comes off to me like he thinks he's playing in a league that is not as skilled as he'd like. Not sure it really matters what he thinks of the AHL. He'll be playing a highly skilled, up-tempo, puck possession game in the NHL anyway.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Seems to be your mantra on Brennan...He's 25 yrs old, hardly a career made. So what is your cutoff on whether a guy is a 'career minor leaguer'? 23? 24? 25? Games played? Because I'm sure you've followed the kid's career long enough to know all the circumstances on why he may or may not have gotten any extended looks at the Big Club. Like lack of injuries, etc..

sheesh..

What explanation do you have for why a ppg ahl defenseman repeatedly clears waivers while no gm's bat an eyelash?

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
If I was TT, I would start scoring some goals and really catch the attention of Stan and Q instead of complaining about the game style. Seems like every time he is interviewed about being down there, he is less than pleased.
Understandable, but hol dyour chin up. They obviously have plans to bring you up later this year or next. Sometimes he seems a bit arrogant to me. But maybe that is only me.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
If I was TT, I would start scoring some goals and really catch the attention of Stan and Q instead of complaining about the game style. Seems like every time he is interviewed about being down there, he is less than pleased.
Understandable, but hol dyour chin up. They obviously have plans to bring you up later this year or next. Sometimes he seems a bit arrogant to me. But maybe that is only me.

Honestly, I haven't really had a problem with anything he has said. He is disappointed to be playing in the AHL, and rightfully so. And the dump and chase style isn't his style, so I have no problem with him saying that. I'd be like a stud wide-receiver playing for a triple-option team when it was not his choice. Frustrating. Just hope he takes advantage of the opportunity when he gets called up here then.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
Every time I read TT's comments it's always "Of course I was disappointed but I have to work hard and be ready when I get my chance". I don't know how that can be construed as arrogance. If you read the actual ESPN story he's describing how he's trying to work on specific things and play how they want him to play.

I sure hope he's not arrogant, it's not like he's lighting up the AHL.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
BTW, why is he playing a dump and chase style, Mr. dent? The Hawks surely don't and you always use the excuse that you're trying to play the style the big club plays to ease the transition.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
wtf? Is Ted Dent offended by his dump and chase comment or something?

ESPN Chicago @ESPNChiHawks · 31s 32 seconds ago
Teuvo Teravainen is a healthy scratch tonight. Haven’t heard why yet. He skated alongside Hartman and Carey this morning.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
wtf? Is Ted Dent offended by his dump and chase comment or something?

ESPN Chicago @ESPNChiHawks · 31s 32 seconds ago
Teuvo Teravainen is a healthy scratch tonight. Haven’t heard why yet. He skated alongside Hartman and Carey this morning.

Good grief :shakehead

...and he's been playing better recently, hadn't he?

Edit: seems like a false alarm.

Scott Powers ‏@ESPNChiPowers 3m3 minutes ago
Hearing Teravainen has been dealing with a sinus infection, and that’s why he’s scratched tonight.

spittoon

Mar 25, 2009
What explanation do you have for why a ppg ahl defenseman repeatedly clears waivers while no gm's bat an eyelash?

Actually, this year was first time in his career he's actually had to clear waivers. I would attribute this clearing as a pretty tough spot to claim a guy as rosters were pretty set coming out of camp.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I would not be surprised at all if the language barrier is the reason for some of his quotes getting taken out of context. And Dent is garbage. A lot of the kids that have made it to Chicago were groomed by Q, not Dent. Actually, most of the kids that have spent more time in Rockford ended up getting shipped out to a different team. If that says anything about his ability to develop players for Chicago.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
McNeil with his second of the game and Hogs making it a game. Down 4-3 with around 3 minutes left.

McNeill has really come into his own. Very good development considering the negativity surrounding him mid season last year. He's really developed well. His skating has improved and really impresses me.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
McNeill has really come into his own. Very good development considering the negativity surrounding him mid season last year. He's really developed well. His skating has improved and really impresses me.

Agreed. Love seeing it. Playing very well right now.

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
The IceHogs twitter account is hilarious by the way. Whoever is in charge of that is a genius.

Rockford IceHogs ‏@goicehogs 3m3 minutes ago
ICEHOGS #SHOTANDAGOAL! Peter Regin. Top shelf where momma hides the peanut butter. Tie game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad