Prospect Info: Prospects Part 4: IceHogs/Fuel/College & Juniors/Int'l

Status
Not open for further replies.

neodydan

Jul 4, 2011
Career minor leaguer? Well 72 points is nothing to be ignored. It will be interesting to see how he does with Rockford in any case.

If he does not approach last season's numbers, I would suspect at least some of the fault to be Rockford's. This would imply the Marlies are in better shape than our AHL affiliate. That's a sad state of affairs, and I don't think even this board could argue that. Something that should have been addressed for a while now in my eyes.

We have other defensive talent languishing down there. What are we waiting for to give them a chance? As far as Seabrook, I knew the reaction I would get there.

But I maintain it would be a good time to trade somebody, Rozy, Oduya, somebody.

Let's see what we've got? Why do we bury people in the minors?

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Brennan putting up all those points is great, but he's a dman, and if he's not reliable enough in his own zone at an NHL level, then he doesn't belong up with the Hawks. Plus the Hawks already have plenty of people who can score. He was included in the Leddy trade to play in Rockford.

And there's no way they'd consider trading Oduya to play a prospect. He's too important to the depth on D, PKs, and can handle tough competition with Hjalmarsson. I wouldn't really care if they traded Rozsival though.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Hawks kill a penalty (Regin - holding) and get an odd-man rush shortly after Regin comes out of the box finished by Matt Carey with a laser through the Griffins goalies 5-hole.

That kid seriously has a shot.

1-1.

eta: Assists were TT and Regin.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Leighton makes 38 saves after the first shot he missed and the Hogs win 2-1. Nordstrom got the second goal with about 1:30 left and TT got an assist on it.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Career minor leaguer? Well 72 points is nothing to be ignored. It will be interesting to see how he does with Rockford in any case.

If he does not approach last season's numbers, I would suspect at least some of the fault to be Rockford's. This would imply the Marlies are in better shape than our AHL affiliate. That's a sad state of affairs, and I don't think even this board could argue that. Something that should have been addressed for a while now in my eyes.

We have other defensive talent languishing down there. What are we waiting for to give them a chance? As far as Seabrook, I knew the reaction I would get there.

But I maintain it would be a good time to trade somebody, Rozy, Oduya, somebody.

Let's see what we've got? Why do we bury people in the minors?

Every team in the league ignored him when he cleared waivers.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
How about T.J. Brennan? Are they just gonna let him rot in the minors? After a 72 point season with the Marlies last season? What a waste if that is the case.

He sure could help the powerplay. God knows it could use some help. Looks awful.

With all these teams looking for defense, would be a great time to move somebody. Rozsival? Oduya? Maybe even Seabrook?

I know I'll get torched for that last one, but he would probably command max value right now. All these kids languishing in the minors. Would free up some cap space. I love Seabrook too, but this club is just too comfortable IMO. Something like this might wake them up and light a fire under some *****. Are we going to wait until he declines and brings no return?

Yes, because if a powerplay can't score with Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Keith, etc.. surely TJ Brennan will save the day.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Paliotta vs Hinostroza at 7 tonight on NBCSN if you are on candy distribution duty.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Garret Ross got a hat trick tonight and IceHogs won 6-3 in San Antonio. TT almost had an empty net goal but it was waived off for offside but then Ross got it with no secs left to complete the trick.

The Ross-McNeill-Danault line was buzzing big time from the bit I saw.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
And tonight..a 5-1 win...5 goals on just 25 shots for Rockford..now that is efficient shooting..the big club ought to take shooting lessons from the little club.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Interesting dynamics. Hawks used to be considered short for RD dmen. Now its on the other side. RD depth pool is strong. LD not so much. Right now Brennan might be the #1 call up for the left side.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Interesting dynamics. Hawks used to be considered short for RD dmen. Now its on the other side. RD depth pool is strong. LD not so much. Right now Brennan might be the #1 call up for the left side.

Doubtful that a career minor league talent like Brennan would be first call

Dahlbeck IMO would get call

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Nice to see McNeil and Danault leading the Hogs in scoring (along with Regin) at 8pts in 10GP. Teravainen seems to be finding the score sheet more often as well with 7pts in 10GP.

Weird seeing Clendening and Brennan with only 3pts though.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Rockford's lineup is just loaded. Each pairing, IMO, is a legitimate #1 pairing on any AHL team and the goaltending is rock solid. With the addition of TT and Hartman, the forward group is very well balanced.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Random thought apropos of nothing but I'll bet money that the Hawks select Brendan van Riemsdyk with their second pick in the 2nd round.

13 g 3 a in 13 games in the USPHL this far. The same league the Hawks took Starrett from in the 3rd round last year,

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
@ESPNChiHawks: Teravainen & Ville Pokka, who is also from Finland, have a place together in Rockford. Both said it's helped having the other there.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
@ESPNChiHawks: Teravainen isn't a fan of the AHL's dump-and-chase style. "It’s not the funnest thing. I’m trying to stay happy with this hockey."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad