Prospect Info: Prospects Part 4: IceHogs/Fuel/College & Juniors/Int'l

Status
Not open for further replies.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Hartman, Danault, McNeil, Regin and Carey were the best forwards.
Cumiskey and Clendening stood out on the blue line

As someone who has read about Hartman but never really seen him, what's the timetable/ceiling with him? Is he better than Shaw offensively? Also how's his board play? Thanks.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
As someone who has read about Hartman but never really seen him, what's the timetable/ceiling with him? Is he better than Shaw offensively? Also how's his board play? Thanks.

I think he is Shaw with a much better offensive ceiling. His board play basically created the Hogs 2nd goal as he dug the puck out and made a nice feed to Rasmussen who was going to the net.

I think the future is bright for him.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I think he is Shaw with a much better offensive ceiling. His board play basically created the Hogs 2nd goal as he dug the puck out and made a nice feed to Rasmussen who was going to the net.

I think the future is bright for him.

Is he Shaw-like as far as being scrappy, antagonistic, willing to piss off anyone and everyone? I really don't get to see the Hogs play much at all, though I'm going to make much more of an effort to, so my opinions on anyone there are extremely small sample-sized, which is why I say little to nothing about them and how they're currently looking as pros.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Is he Shaw-like as far as being scrappy, antagonistic, willing to piss off anyone and everyone? I really don't get to see the Hogs play much at all, though I'm going to make much more of an effort to, so my opinions on anyone there are extremely small sample-sized, which is why I say little to nothing about them and how they're currently looking as pros.

He is definitely a scrappy little guy, who can piss off a lot of players and plays that Shawesque game. Not sure he does it to the same level as Shaw, but it's definitely a quality. I think he focuses more on the offensive side of the puck than getting into altercations, but he can bring that part of it to when needed.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
He is definitely a scrappy little guy, who can piss off a lot of players and plays that Shawesque game. Not sure he does it to the same level as Shaw, but it's definitely a quality. I think he focuses more on the offensive side of the puck than getting into altercations, but he can bring that part of it to when needed.

That's what I like to hear. I know he has more offensive upside, so I like him focusing more on doing that but knowing he has some snarl and is willing to get his nose in the middle of stuff is good to know.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
So why is TT having such a tough time adjusting to the NA rink size and game?

He's a slow starter, getting used to playing with lower quality teammates and disappointed he didn't make the team. Those are my excuses for him thus far.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
His teammates are probably just as good as what he played with in Finland. My guess is that he is still getting used to the smaller ice surface and can't find the room to do what he did in Finland.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Remember how slow he starts, guys. 2 years he did nothing and then went PPG+ from mid December on.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I'm not throwing him under the bus by any means. That doesn't mean people should invent excuses like his linemates aren't good enough for him to be scoring points.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Nordstrom named Icehogs captain.

Am I the only one kinda surprised by this? As I've stated before, I don't see the Hogs play much and don't know they dynamics of the team, but this just struck me as kind of odd.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Nordstrom named Icehogs captain.

Am I the only one kinda surprised by this? As I've stated before, I don't see the Hogs play much and don't know they dynamics of the team, but this just struck me as kind of odd.

Yea, plenty of veterans on that team. How many 22 year olds with third line at best upside captain AHL teams?

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Now that is outstanding considering there's a few vets on that team. Speaks alot about his character on and off the ice. It is interesting too considering he's a potential call up down the road.

Them naming him a C makes me think they don't have an intention to call him up this year. :dunno:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The battle between Nordstrom and Danault for Krugers spot is going to be so close.

neodydan

Jul 4, 2011
How about T.J. Brennan? Are they just gonna let him rot in the minors? After a 72 point season with the Marlies last season? What a waste if that is the case.

He sure could help the powerplay. God knows it could use some help. Looks awful.

With all these teams looking for defense, would be a great time to move somebody. Rozsival? Oduya? Maybe even Seabrook?

I know I'll get torched for that last one, but he would probably command max value right now. All these kids languishing in the minors. Would free up some cap space. I love Seabrook too, but this club is just too comfortable IMO. Something like this might wake them up and light a fire under some *****. Are we going to wait until he declines and brings no return?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
How about T.J. Brennan? Are they just gonna let him rot in the minors? After a 72 point season with the Marlies last season? What a waste if that is the case.

He sure could help the powerplay. God knows it could use some help. Looks awful.

With all these teams looking for defense, would be a great time to move somebody. Rozsival? Oduya? Maybe even Seabrook?

I know I'll get torched for that last one, but he would probably command max value right now. All these kids languishing in the minors. Would free up some cap space. I love Seabrook too, but this club is just too comfortable IMO. Something like this might wake them up and light a fire under some *****. Are we going to wait until he declines and brings no return?

Brennan is nothing more then a career minor leaguer/tweener ,, He will not be replacing anyone let alone Seabrook

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I can't imagine the Hawks have any serious plans for TJ Brennan besides Rockford's top 4 and maybe an emergency veteran call up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad