Prospect Info: Prospects in Sweden 2022-23 Season! (CHL and SHL Schedules, highlights and more)

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
bb8e0b79-18b4-486b-a204-2f3e54fc28eb_text.gif

He isn't a T-Bone. He is a perfect George!

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
If Rögle loses today. It's safe to say Kasper and Wallinder have played their last game in the SHL.

Currently losing 1-0.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
If Rogle was good and could make a deep run, I might agree. But from what little I know about the SHL, that isn't happening.

Getting use to life over here as well as getting a taste of AHL/NHL games could be very beneficial as well.

Would love to see Kasper for the last nine of the season in the winged wheel.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
If Rogle was good and could make a deep run, I might agree. But from what little I know about the SHL, that isn't happening.

Getting use to life over here as well as getting a taste of AHL/NHL games could be very beneficial as well.

Dont see how a handful of games in north america are going to help them adjust.

But if Rogle's goaltending turns around, which have been vastly improved so far in the playoffs. They can go as far as anybody.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

A rest could be beneficial as well.

I think it's very doubtful they bring them over for a few games. They're not even calling up Edvinsson or Söderblom.

Reactions: Murmansk16A

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
VAH-LEEN-DUH!

yeah but can he play defense

Yes. Not as good as Seider or Edvinsson but he’s a better skater than both and he might be better offensively than Edvinsson.

Comparing him to the current roster? Maatta and Seider are better defenders. Hagg and Chiarot are more physical and compete harder but aren’t great at defending. Wallinder is definitely better than Hagg, probably better than Chiarot.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Yes. Not as good as Seider or Edvinsson but he’s a better skater than both and he might be better offensively than Edvinsson.

Comparing him to the current roster? Maatta and Seider are better defenders. Hagg and Chiarot are more physical and compete harder but aren’t great at defending. Wallinder is definitely better than Hagg, probably better than Chiarot.

Hard to decide between AlJo and Willy Wally as a better fit next to Seider. Both have some attributes that can shine with the freedom that Seider would be able to afford them.

Edvinsson probably still makes the most sense to anchor his own pair in the future and try to emulate what Seider has done to some capacity. Leverage the two of them together in huge moments requiring absolute shutdown defense.

Reactions: norrisnick

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Hard to decide between AlJo and Willy Wally as a better fit next to Seider. Both have some attributes that can shine with the freedom that Seider would be able to afford them.

Edvinsson probably still makes the most sense to anchor his own pair in the future and try to emulate what Seider has done to some capacity. Leverage the two of them together in huge moments requiring absolute shutdown defense.
Wallinder - Seider
Edvinsson - Johansson

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Which is beyond stupid. This is free NHL experience time.

Not playing kids now would be like not playing them during pre-season.

I feel like there isn't evidence one way or the other whether playing at the end of a lost season helps or hinders players. For example, some guys come up and do awesome, which seems great at first, but that might raise their ego a little too much and then they are nowhere near that good when they debut. In reverse, they come up and do poorly, could hurt their confidence about how good they are.

A fair amount of guys come up now and do pretty well and then we never see that from them again. I think that is in part due to, a lot of the contending teams take it easy and rest stars late in the season especially against losing teams, which is why some of the bad teams actually do pretty well record wise in the last 10-20 games each year.

Not saying I am against them coming up, but I don't know that it hurts them by not. These players themselves still had long seasons in their own leagues and rest might be what is best for them. A nice break before training camp. Especially for the players who aren't already over in NA and have adjusted to a new lifestyle.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I feel like there isn't evidence one way or the other whether playing at the end of a lost season helps or hinders players. For example, some guys come up and do awesome, which seems great at first, but that might raise their ego a little too much and then they are nowhere near that good when they debut. In reverse, they come up and do poorly, could hurt their confidence about how good they are.

A fair amount of guys come up now and do pretty well and then we never see that from them again. I think that is in part due to, a lot of the contending teams take it easy and rest stars late in the season especially against losing teams, which is why some of the bad teams actually do pretty well record wise in the last 10-20 games each year.

Not saying I am against them coming up, but I don't know that it hurts them by not. These players themselves still had long seasons in their own leagues and rest might be what is best for them. A nice break before training camp. Especially for the players who aren't already over in NA and have adjusted to a new lifestyle.
For me, it's more evaluating them at the NHL level playing against NHL talent and coaching. End of season games are to me more indicative of NHL competition than a split roster exhibition game or AHL or whatever league they are in.

Being out of the hunt makes these free NHL games to check on how kids are doing. Show them what the NHL level is like and then send them off in the summer to work on whatever it is these games tell us they need to work on. No one is going to get a "you were perfect don't worry about sweating in the offseason" report card.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00