Prospect Info: Prospects in Sweden 2022-23 Season! (CHL and SHL Schedules, highlights and more)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Reading here various opinions, am I right that a nice comparison to Kasper might be Ryan Kesler?
IMO Eriksson Ek was the best comp I have heard for him among current players. Stylistically I think those guys play the same way.

Kasper is having a better +1 season though, and I think is a better skater/passer. So hopefully he can be a better version of Eriksson Ek, and I like Eriksson Ek a lot personally.

Last edited:

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
IMO Eriksson Ek was the best comp I have heard for him among current players. Stylistically I think those guys play the same way.

Kasper is having a better +1 season though, and I think is a better skater/passer. So hopefully he can be a better version of Eriksson Ek, and I like Eriksson Ek a lot personally.

This means Buchelnikov = Kaprizov, right?

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018

I like the comparison, Eriksson Ek is a horse not sure if Kasper will get that big

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I like the comparison, Eriksson Ek is a horse not sure if Kasper will get that big
1678296800544.png

vs
1678296818951.png

And he's still only 18

Reactions: Frk It

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

I'm a big Eriksson-Ekk fan but I'm not sure if that's the most apt because Kasper's skating is much better. Eriksson-Ekk reminds me of the defensive centers from before the 2005 lockout in a lot of ways. He is very much a throw back to the John Madden, Michael Peca and Guy Charbonneau types that would shadow the opposition. Danault is another guy I'd put in that rare category of throwback defensive 2/3Cs.

Where Kasper differs in a very positive way is from his combination of skating and puck protection. He will rag the puck in the defensive zone to break up a cycle or force the other team to make a line change before moving it up, where I've seen Danault look to chip it out or clear the zone as quickly as possible. Kasper is able to maintain possession under pressure (at least at the SHL level) fairly effectively. It's something that this team hasn't seen from a center since Zetterberg was in his prime or Datsyuk was still on the roster. Even Larkin doesn't do this very often.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm a big Eriksson-Ekk fan but I'm not sure if that's the most apt because Kasper's skating is much better. Eriksson-Ekk reminds me of the defensive centers from before the 2005 lockout in a lot of ways. He is very much a throw back to the John Madden, Michael Peca and Guy Charbonneau types that would shadow the opposition. Danault is another guy I'd put in that rare category of throwback defensive 2/3Cs.

Where Kasper differs in a very positive way is from his combination of skating and puck protection. He will rag the puck in the defensive zone to break up a cycle or force the other team to make a line change before moving it up, where I've seen Danault look to chip it out or clear the zone as quickly as possible. Kasper is able to maintain possession under pressure (at least at the SHL level) fairly effectively. It's something that this team hasn't seen from a center since Zetterberg was in his prime or Datsyuk was still on the roster. Even Larkin doesn't do this very often.
Eriksson Ek is not a pure defensive player, look at the season he’s having.

I think they play the same from a positioning perspective, and a 200 ft perspective. I also think both of them are very heavy on the puck.

No comp is perfect, but he is the NHL player I think Kasper plays the most similar to.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
Eriksson Ek is not a pure defensive player, look at the season he’s having.

I think they play the same from a positioning perspective, and a 200 ft perspective. I also think both of them are very heavy on the puck.

No comp is perfect, but he is the NHL player I think Kasper plays the most similar to.

I never said he was a pure defensive player. Just that he reminds me of the Selke caliber guys from that specific era. (None of which were ONLY defensive players either). Eriksson-Ekk has definitely upgraded the offensive dimension to his game though.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Its not a horrible comparison and JEE has definitely started to come into his own the last 2 years but Kasper skates a lot better and plays meaner. I might like the comparison to Larkin more than Eriksson Ek

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
SHL regular season is over

Rogle finished 9th out of 14

They will play a best of 3 series vs. #8 Leksands (Anton Johansson)... If they win that series they advance to the Main SHL Playoffs and play a best of 7 series in the Quarterfinals.

Game 1 of the 3 starts Saturday at 9:15.
Disappointing season, I do have to give note that Rogle had A LOT of close games, losing by just 1 goal. Personally the goalies weren't the best. Expected Clang to carry the team more.

This boy is ready to play with Zadina on his wing. :sarcasm:

I don't see how Kasper will play in the AHL next season ;)

Pretty sure Willy Wally is the runaway best skater out of the whole prospect pool. Maybe even on Detroit.

It is not even close, Wallinder is electrifying. Insane upside, there is still top 2D potential for him.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
Dissapoint season, I do have to give note that Rogle had A LOT of close games, losing by just 1 goal. Personally the goalies weren't the best. Expected Clang to carry the team more.

I don't Kasper will play in the AHL next season ;)

Rifalk and Clang would find ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. In my opinion, with what they had in front of them, they were the worst goalie tandem in the SHL this year. Also Rogle's top line spent much of the year injured which didn't help.

Reactions: wingerdinger

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
It is not even close, Wallinder is electrifying. Insane upside, there is still top 2D potential for him.

His skating ability alone will make him an NHLer. It truly is crazy how much better it's gotten since we've drafted him, and I had his skating up there as probably top 5 in his draft class when we got him.

It was also encouraging to see that when he and Kasper were on the ice together they were able to basically do whatever they wanted today. I don't think he'll make the wings out of camp next year but I believe he's going to make it a tough choice. He's looked nothing short of realgud this year.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
If Rogle loses the best of three, what is the chance that one or both head over for a few games this spring in GR?

Reactions: lilidk

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
If Rogle loses the best of three, what is the chance that one or both head over for a few games this spring in GR?

Honestly? I don't know. Grand Rapids is so far out of the playoff picture that any impact they make on the team is inconsequential, but it would be nice to see them on this side of the pond.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
Just when we were talking about adding "heavy types" in the roster, Kasper finished 3rd(72 min) in PIMs and he is going to get even heavier. Come on down center version of Matt Tkachuk!

He's definitely going to drag this team into the fight with him. Yet another reason why this team needs more toughness for next year. I can't imagine Kasper starting a net-front scrum and getting much support from some of the softer guys on this team.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
If Kasper turns out to be Eriksson Ek, just add a few years to the rebuild.

We need him to be like Zetterberg, not like a third-line guy who is likely to peak at 50 points in the NHL.

Rogle would've likely finished better in the standings if they didn't insist on burying Kasper on the third-line.

Reactions: wingerdinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad