Prospect Info: Prospects in Sweden 2022-23 Season! (CHL and SHL Schedules, highlights and more)

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
If Kasper turns out to be Eriksson Ek, just add a few years to the rebuild.

We need him to be like Zetterberg, not like a third-line guy who is likely to peak at 50 points in the NHL.

Rogle would've likely finished better in the standings if they didn't insist on burying Kasper on the third-line.

Eriksson Ek is peaking at 50 points? So he’s scoring 1 point in the next 17 games? He’s on pace for over 60.

If you NEED Kasper to be the point per game version of Zetterberg, you probably drafted the wrong player.

Reactions: Unfriendly Ghost

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Eriksson Ek is peaking at 50 points? So he’s scoring 1 point in the next 17 games? He’s on pace for over 60.

If you NEED Kasper to be the point per game version of Zetterberg, you probably drafted the wrong player.

To be fair, I think we need Kasper to be better than what Eriksson Ek currently is. Good solid player no doubt, but not what you hope for from top 10 selection.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

We need him to be like Zetterberg, not like a third-line guy who is likely to peak at 50 points in the NHL.

Rogle would've likely finished better in the standings if they didn't insist on burying Kasper on the third-line.
Eriksson Ek a third line guy? Who are Minnesota's #1 and #2 centers?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
To be fair, I think we need Kasper to be better than what Eriksson Ek currently is. Good solid player no doubt, but not what you hope for from top 10 selection.

I think we need Kasper to be a good player. I’m not prepared to place a specific level that we need him to achieve. His impact is still so unclear and the upside is still relatively unknown.

What Eriksson Ek is right now is trending to be a 60+ point, defensive minded top six center who can play on the first line if needed, with likely 3 consecutive top 10 finishes in the Selke (and a chance at his second top 5).

It’s not glamorous how he does it, but needing Kasper to be much better than that is actually a fairly large ask.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
This is the most Eriksson Ek has ever been talked about.

Bro, go change that avatar. Since you like defensemen who are bad at being defensemen let's get you a Robert Hagg or Ben Chiarot avatar.:sarcasm:

I think we need Kasper to be a good player. I’m not prepared to place a specific level that we need him to achieve. His impact is still so unclear and the upside is still relatively unknown.

What Eriksson Ek is right now is trending to be a 60+ point, defensive minded top six center who can play on the first line if needed, with likely 3 consecutive top 10 finishes in the Selke (and a chance at his second top 5).

It’s not glamorous how he does it, but needing Kasper to be much better than that is actually a fairly large ask.

And let's keep in mind that it took Eriksson-Ekk 6 seasons to get there. He was a 2015 pick. (Right after Svechnikov...) And let's also not forget JEE is getting ice with one of the best players in the world right now. (And by that I mean Jordan Greenway, @norrisnick :naughty:)

I think it's very much in the realm of possibilities that Kasper gets to that level sooner than 6 seasons, but then again I've been pumping this kid's tires since october 2021. My hope is that Detroit gets a really good offensive winger in this free agency or through a trade that pushes some guys down the lineup and Kasper has someone to score goals on his wing.

Last edited:
Reactions: jkutswings

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

It was a stylistic comp, that is not to say he can't become a better version of Eriksson Ek.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

It might not be best case scenario but Eriksson Ek is on pace for 28 goals, 62 points and is a selke calibre defensive center.

Hes not a third line guy at all lol

Reactions: lomekian and Frk It

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It might not be best case scenario but Eriksson Ek is on pace for 28 goals, 62 points and is a selke calibre defensive center.

Hes not a third line guy at all lol
I wish I new who you guys talking about

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It’s a game of finding the most random name that he can conceive and then run it into the ground. MBH can’t accept an easier comparison because it wasn’t him who came up with it.
Kinda telling that somebody posted GTGO with no further explanation, and my first guess was that it was a reply to MBH. It blows my mind that so many people continue to engage rather than just click the ignore button.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
If Rogle loses the best of three, what is the chance that one or both head over for a few games this spring in GR?
Rogle lost 2-1 in OT. Kasper and Wallinder did not figure into the scoring.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Rogle lost 2-1 in OT. Kasper and Wallinder did not figure into the scoring.
I know Horcoff said hes coming next year but if they get eliminated first round, I wonder if Kasper will be coming over now. He'll have less than 60 games played total this year and if he wants to play world championships they dont start until the middle of May.

He could easily get double digit number of games with the Griffins or play some games with the wings to end the year

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I know Horcoff said hes coming next year but if they get eliminated first round, I wonder if Kasper will be coming over now. He'll have less than 60 games played total this year and if he wants to play world championships they dont start until the middle of May.

He could easily get double digit number of games with the Griffins or play some games with the wings to end the year
One can only hope.

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018

Don't bring him to Detroit it would affect our draft pick position negatively

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hoping Kasper doesn’t wear #24 for Detroit.. him and Berggren need to ditch these d man jersey numbers.

Hasn’t he worn #92? That would be waaaay better.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
He should wear 00 it would be very ghostly
artworks-000068129854-8ky8oe-t500x500.jpg

As in, "Oo-oo, ah-ah"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad