Prospects and Marlies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
This is a pretty good Leaf podcast, Craig button talks about each leaf prospect.

Usually not a fan of listening to Button, but had some really good things to say about some of the prospects. Spoke very highly of Korshikov and Brooks, but was raving about Greenway. Seems to think he is a diamond in the rough.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
No he didn't....why all the hate on Mess?? He said Matthews was the obvious pick....much like Mcdavid was

Perhaps there are some thoughts that Laine, Dubois or Puljujarvi would have been better options.

It wasn't like Matthews was anointed the absolute best option before the season even started. :sarcasm:

Without the Leafs scouting staff who knows who they would have drafted?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Really nice ... Excited to see what Cameranesi can do in the AHL but I'm glad they didn't waste an NHL contract on him.

Nice for Cameranesi as well. Getting paid to play hockey.

Wonder how much he's getting?

https://artfulpuck.wordpress.com/2014/10/10/how-much-do-minor-league-hockey-players-make/
The American Hockey League:

For players in the AHL on an AHL Standard Player’s Contract the minimum season compensation is as follows:

2014-15 – $42,375 U.S. Clubs/ or $43,905 Cdn. Clubs

I'm sure you can live like a King in Toronto on $43k a year! :laugh:

Does the YMCA still offer rooms for cheap on a nightly basis?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I love what Dubas and the Leafs are doing with the Marlies. They are essentially signing a lot of young players for depth and development purposes without taking up a NHL contract. Those players are very likely getting paid the same amount as they would if they signed an ELC.

Cameranesi probably would have been signed to an ELC under the Burke/Nonis regime. He's probably a long shot but he still does have some interesting potential and he looked all right with the Marlies after his NCAA season was over.

Lot's of depth pieces for the Marlies right now. Almost makes you think they are prepping to lose a lot of Marlie regulars from last season.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
I love what Dubas and the Leafs are doing with the Marlies. They are essentially signing a lot of young players for depth and development purposes without taking up a NHL contract. Those players are very likely getting paid the same amount as they would if they signed an ELC.

Cameranesi probably would have been signed to an ELC under the Burke/Nonis regime. He's probably a long shot but he still does have some interesting potential and he looked all right with the Marlies after his NCAA season was over.

Lot's of depth pieces for the Marlies right now. Almost makes you think they are prepping to lose a lot of Marlie regulars from last season.

Agreed, good way to get around 50 SPC limit, effectively giving us another 10-15 prospects to work with. We'll have to think up a new term for these AHL free agents.

Free wallet = NHL undrafted FA signing.

__________ = AHL FA signing

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Screen%20Shot%202015-11-04%20at%204.34.02%20PM.png

Kerby Rychel
Left Wing -- shoots L
Born Oct 7 1994 -- Torrance, CA
21 yrs. ago
Height 6.01 -- Weight 213

RECENT STATS:

2014-15 - Columbus Blue Jackets - NHL
5 Games... 0 Goals... 3 Assists... 3 Points... +3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014-15 - Springfield Falcons - AHL
51 Games... 12 Goals... 21 Assists... 33 Points... +7
2015-16 - Columbus Blue Jackets - NHL
32 Games... 2 Goals... 7 Assists... 9 Points... +5
2015-16 - Lake Erie Monsters - AHL
37 Games... 6 Goals... 21 Assists... 27 Points... +1
2016 AHL PLAYOFFS *Calder Cup Champions
17 Games... 1 Goal... 5 Assists... 6 Points... - 4

Rychelcide: Kerby Rychel 2013-2016 Extended Highlights - TML (HD)

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Not even close. They have only replaced guys who are already out of the organization and Nylander (and I guess Hyman if he makes the NHL over Rychel, who would in turn replace him in the AHL). A lot of the AHL deals are nothing more than to fill out some AHL depth and our ECHL team. Cameranesi is the only one who has a legit shot at being an AHL regular right now, and it's as a 3C. If the Leafs sign Brooks, which is bound to happen eventually, Cameranesi will be down in the ECHL too.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Tell me about William Corrin?

He's likely just ECHL fodder. Good ECHL fodder, especially considering Orlando needs all the help they can get back there, but most likely the Leafs will look towards Stanton, Brouillard, etc. before him. He did okay when I saw him in his small stretch and he did get 2 points in 4 games, but he's not going to take a spot from a younger guy (he's 24) unless he does really well for the Bears.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Man, I really want Kapanen to do well for us. He has blazing speed and an amazing slap shot with an underrated set of mittens. I really hope management brings him up slowly and basically sits him in the AHL for next season to work on his game...heck even have him finish his military training. Even if his offensive talents don't translate to the NHL, that speed of his would make him an excellent checking, shadowing winger.
I found it kind of interesting how he went back to Finland following the playoffs, or do I have wrong information? Was it homesickness or nothing to fret over?

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Man, I really want Kapanen to do well for us. He has blazing speed and an amazing slap shot with an underrated set of mittens. I really hope management brings him up slowly and basically sits him in the AHL for next season to work on his game...heck even have him finish his military training. Even if his offensive talents don't translate to the NHL, that speed of his would make him an excellent checking, shadowing winger.
I found it kind of interesting how he went back to Finland following the playoffs, or do I have wrong information? Was it homesickness or nothing to fret over?

Nothing to fret over. Most players go back home to see their family if they can. Especially if they are teenagers and don't really have a family over here.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Just signed this past week, to the Marlies..

Count how many times he moved back and forth, between the Marlies & Solar Bears.. :amazed:
I thought he was a really strong player, on the Marlies...

Eric Faille
Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Jul 27 1989 -- Lachine, PQ
26 yrs. ago
Height 6.00 -- Weight 180

RECENT STATS:

2014-15 - Texas Stars - AHL
21 Games... 2 Goals... 4 Assists... 6 Points... +/- 0
2014-15 - Fort Wayne Komets - ECHL
45 Games... 27 Goals... 27 Assists... 54 Points... +11 *PPG+
2015-16 - Orlando Solar Bears - ECHL
56 Games... 24 Goals... 36 Assists... 60 Points... +14 *PPG+
2015-16 - Toronto Marlies - AHL
15 Games... 7 Goals... 3 Assists... 10 Points... +5

In Faille's Evening: Eric Faille 2015-16 Goals & Highlights - TML (HD)

Number13

May 21, 2007
Love your videos Seer, but i doubt many are to interested in eric faille highlights. Maybe take your time and focus on the style and effects of the video, push yourself to new highs! Anyone remember KesselySnipes' videos? They were back when we were terrible, but his use of effects and music were amazing. Heres a sample(Luke Schenn lol): https://youtu.be/A0Ejn-p-48s

Appreciate all your work Seer, just thought id give aome constructive feedback.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
^ Who is that?

I think its willie on the right, dad nylander facing the other way. Not sure who the left one is, doesn't look like alex. The problem is that the "willie" looks way to huge. Either its not really willie or its photoshoped imo, he doesn't have that thick body type like that.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I think its willie on the right, dad nylander facing the other way. Not sure who the left one is, doesn't look like alex. The problem is that the "willie" looks way to huge. Either its not really willie or its photoshoped imo, he doesn't have that thick body type like that.

It honestly looks kind of like Kapanen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad