Prospect Info: Prospects and Marlies Thread March 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I'd assume he'll join the Marlies then? Good exposure/experience and I imagine he might get a game in too.

Well, normally you'd say yes but the Marlies have so many players at their disposal and they seriously want to win the Calder this year. You gotta think he will join the team and practice with them and take in the playoff atmosphere but unlikely to play any games unless they sit some ECHL guys like Kolomatis/ Dougherty types with the remaining reg season games.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Looks like a project at 1st glance. Good size and athleticism - a lot like Sparks style wise. Has to work on staying tall in the b-fly and rebound control. He got the win - nice start for KK the goalie.

They are all projects. The big thing I noticed about the new guy is he moves really well and doesn't open a lot of holes. He is really good low to the corners and 5 hole.

Bibeau is not good at this and Sparks is bad. He throws himself around and opens right up.

Early days but encouraging.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
not a lock the leafs and solar bears are back next season.

Considering the money and effort they put into the Solar Bears, I'm confident they will keep the team. They talked about having ECHL as a big part of their development process.

Maybe they look into an ECHL Ontario team though. Keep everything close to home.

Mad Brills*

Considering the money and effort they put into the Solar Bears, I'm confident they will keep the team. They talked about having ECHL as a big part of their development process.

Maybe they look into an ECHL Ontario team though. Keep everything close to home.

It's more about rumblings I've heard that the solar bears end isn't happy with the arrangement.

Leafs are.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Bracco 4 points tonight team moves on

In draft order

Marner 5 games 11 points
Dermott 4 games 8 points
Bracco 5 games 10 points
Nielsen 5 games 3 points
Dzierkas 4 games 5 points
Timashov 5 games 9 points
Desrocher 5 games 5 points
Korostelev 4 games 1 point

Overall pretty solid, similar production from the top forwards, and Dermott is 2 PPG.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It's more about rumblings I've heard that the solar bears end isn't happy with the arrangement.

Leafs are.

Where did you hear that? Don't have to be specific.

It would be somewhat understandable if you have no control over your roster, and can't make line-ups because you don't know who you have.

But that would just be one of those sucks to be in their position situations.

Take the good with the bad, but next year it could be gooder :popcorn: with all the graduating juniors.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
In draft order

Marner 5 games 11 points
Dermott 4 games 8 points
Bracco 5 games 10 points
Nielsen 5 games 3 points

Overall pretty solid, similar production from the top forwards, and Dermott is 2 PPG.

Very solid.

Mad Brills*

It would be somewhat understandable if you have no control over your roster, and can't make line-ups because you don't know who you have.

Take the good with the bad, but next year it could be gooder :popcorn: with all the graduating juniors.

Spot on.

That's what I think they believe.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

I dont understand how Brampton ended up as Montreal's affiliate. Would it not make sense to have the NHL, AHL and ECHL local?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

But that's what most ECHL teams go through. I don't understand why anyone would be upset with that, or feel frustrated?

It makes no sense.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
In draft order

Marner 5 games 11 points
Dermott 4 games 8 points
Bracco 5 games 10 points
Nielsen 5 games 3 points

Ugh Korostelev....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad