Prospect Info: Prospects and Marlies Thread March 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
For those interested in seeing the highlights from today's game. Included in the pack is Cameranesi's goal and Conacher's goal as well.

That second goal, hyman to brown, was the exact same play as michalek to kadri the other night :yo:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
So Neilsen is joining the Marlies, any other word out there on Toninato?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Frölunda just signed a new forward for next season and their GM called him "a perfect replacement for Andreas Johnson". Don't know if it's old news, but now it's pretty much confirmed he will be heading over for next season.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Frölunda just signed a new forward for next season and their GM called him "a perfect replacement for Andreas Johnson". Don't know if it's old news, but now it's pretty much confirmed he will be heading over for next season.

Johnson signed an ELC all ready. He was coming over no matter what.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

I'll just start with this: Frolunda is going to be disappointed if they think Victor Olofsson is going to replace Johnson. They are very similar players in style, but Johnson is just so much better.

The only interesting thing here is the fact that MODO just lost their best player. So a crappy team just got worse. Wonder if the Leafs will try to get Lindgren moved to a better team, either in the CHL, AHL or SHL.

Because it's not going to end at Olofsson. Emil Pettersson and Gustav Possler may follow him back up to the SHL, or go to North America. That's their top 3 scorers gone. Noah Welsh may retire due to injury, so there goes their best defenseman. Their captain may do the same thing. Carl Grundstrom, the potential 1st round pick, may come over to North America or go up to the SHL. Other older high end players may do the same.

Lindgren will certainly get a lot of playing time, but do you really want him playing on a terrible team in the Swedish 2nd league? At least Pierre Engvall is playing in a solid role on a good team and is learning something. I'd certainly consider bringing him to the CHL, or try to move him to a better team in Sweden.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
My guess would be that Toninato stays for his senior year at Minnesota-Duluth. Leading scoring Cameranesi hasn't gotten an ELC yet and I doubt Toninato would either.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
The Level of play in that AHL game was as high as I have ever seen in the AHL. Pretty sick stuff.

Imagine how sick its going to be when Nylander goes back down? And Soshnikov is back?

That Soshnikov kid is too slight I think to be playing as feisty as he is. He better meat up if he thinks he is going to be Brad Marchand. Marchand is a husky sort of guy, about ten pounds overweight, but it gives him mass.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
My guess would be that Toninato stays for his senior year at Minnesota-Duluth. Leading scoring Cameranesi hasn't gotten an ELC yet and I doubt Toninato would either.

He wouldn't pull a Vesey and sign some were else next August would he. :help:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

I don't think Cameranesi would leave the NCAA for just an ATO for the remainder of this year. Ditto Toninato. There would need to be assurances about a contract, otherwise it makes more sense to stay in school.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
He wouldn't pull a Vesey and sign some were else next August would he. :help:

He could if he wanted to. Every player has the right to not sign with the team that drafted them, but it's very uncommon for players to actually exercise that right.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
I don't think Cameranesi would leave the NCAA for just an ATO for the remainder of this year. Ditto Toninato. There would need to be assurances about a contract, otherwise it makes more sense to stay in school.

Cameranesi has graduated, he can't go back.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I don't think you can really compare Toninato's situation to Vesey's.

Vesey is a legit prospect. If Toninato were to play 4 years and leave as a UFA, it wouldn't really be a big deal at all.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I'll just start with this: Frolunda is going to be disappointed if they think Victor Olofsson is going to replace Johnson. They are very similar players in style, but Johnson is just so much better.

The only interesting thing here is the fact that MODO just lost their best player. So a crappy team just got worse. Wonder if the Leafs will try to get Lindgren moved to a better team, either in the CHL, AHL or SHL.

Because it's not going to end at Olofsson. Emil Pettersson and Gustav Possler may follow him back up to the SHL, or go to North America. That's their top 3 scorers gone. Noah Welsh may retire due to injury, so there goes their best defenseman. Their captain may do the same thing. Carl Grundstrom, the potential 1st round pick, may come over to North America or go up to the SHL. Other older high end players may do the same.

Lindgren will certainly get a lot of playing time, but do you really want him playing on a terrible team in the Swedish 2nd league? At least Pierre Engvall is playing in a solid role on a good team and is learning something. I'd certainly consider bringing him to the CHL, or try to move him to a better team in Sweden.

Do you think the AHL could be a option for Lindgren?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

I think Olofsson could be one of the best goalscorers in the SHL in a couple of years, but yeah, I'm sure they would have prefered Johnson.

As for Lindgren, he should stay right where he is. Modo likely won't be a terrible team next year and I think Lindgren could use a full season with just one team. He's been bouncing up and down a lot. Playing at the highest level possible is not always a good thing, especially not for a player like Lindgren. Everybody knew he was a project and the upside has always been there, he's will be good but it might take a while until he gets there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->