BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Last edited by a moderator:

TrueBlue86

Oct 17, 2010
Toronto, ON
Also missing out on the services of Carrick.

The last Leafs game are scheduled to be April 9, leaving the Albany game (Apr 10), the Hartford game (Apr 13) and the Rochester double header (Apr 16+17) as games the kids could potentially play for the Marlies before the start of the AHL playoffs. I'm under the thinking that management would rest them, at the very least for the Albany game. On the other hand, they could send them down after the 9 games are up. Nevertheless, it does mean that the Marlies' single most winningest season record is in jeopardy.

Yea, 17 games left, let's hope they can win half. 9-8 record would put them at 52-20-4, which is a solid record.

If some leafs' injured players come back, i'm sure help will be sent to the Marlies before the April 9th mark.

I'm going to the game today, so here's hoping for a good one. 3rd game in 3 nights for both teams.

Mad Brills*

From simmons's column:

Should London get knocked out of OHL playoffs early, look for Mitch Marner to join the Marlies for the playoffs ..

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Marlies go all the way to the Calder Cup finals.. Bank on it..! :)

Marlies Highlights - March 5, 2016

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Tobias Lindberg - March 1, 2016

Tobias Lindberg Goal - March 1, 2016

Tobias Lindberg Second of the Afternoon - March 1, 2016

DarylO

Jun 16, 2011
Lindsay, ON
Tickets for todays game

Got a pair of tickets to today's game, free to the first person to PM me. :yo:

I can electronically transfer them via email but you'll need a way to print them to bring to the arena.

stavs*

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
Got a pair of tickets to today's game, free to the first person to PM me. :yo:

I can electronically transfer them via email but you'll need a way to print them to bring to the arena.

damn this would be great if i didnt have work today

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Junior grads

The top juniors who are graduating are on teams that ranked in the top 10 in the CHL.
Marner, Dermot, Neilson, Tishavov?, and DesRoches likely won't be seeing time as Marlies...maybe just watching the last round or two.
The Marlies line up know is has guys that wouldn't even playing in the AHL if it wasn't with the the Marlies call ups to the Leafs.
Good opportunity for Gauthier, Valiev, Bibeau, Leivo, Brown to get more meaningful minutes which will help their development too.

Mad Brills*

Very likely. PAP can't be far either.

Kapanen fizzled out a bit after a strong first game. Not very effective past that, but he wasn't bad... just needs more time.

I was a bit surprised he was called up that quickly.

Nylander is obviously ready, and so is sosh, but I think kapanen needs a couple more months until he's an nhl regular.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I was a bit surprised he was called up that quickly.

Nylander is obviously ready, and so is sosh, but I think kapanen needs a couple more months until he's an nhl regular.

leipsic was terrabad last night , so no shock there.

willi,hym and sosh just outplayed kap

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Very likely. PAP can't be far either.

Kapanen fizzled out a bit after a strong first game. Not very effective past that, but he wasn't bad... just needs more time.

Is Bozak coming back soon too, or is he done for the year? I guess two of Hyman, Nylander or Soshnikov will be sent down when he and PAP are back.

Good to see Michalek in the lineup finally though. Had a tough time with some injuries in Ottawa, but he is a very capable top 6 scorer with an appropriate cap hit. If he's not traded before the start of next season, he'll be a great replacement for one of the guys who will be before being sold at next years TDL.

Mad Brills*

Is Bozak coming back soon too, or is he done for the year? I guess two of Hyman, Nylander or Soshnikov will be sent down when he and PAP are back.

Good to see Michalek in the lineup finally though. Had a tough time with some injuries in Ottawa, but he is a very capable top 6 scorer with an appropriate cap hit. If he's not traded before the start of next season, he'll be a great replacement for one of the guys who will be before being sold at next years TDL.

MIA. Babcock doesn't know when he's going to be back.

Parenteau should be back sooner rather than later

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I don't think you will see Bozak, until Nylander is sent back to the Marlies, just to give him a good look and make sure Bozak is ready after the concussion, much like Nylander suffered at the WJC.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
in a few yrs we'll have way too many kids
some rough decisions to make

Trade them off. It's not a bad problem to have. Many teams would love to have them I'm sure, especially cap teams like Chicago and L.A.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
in a few yrs we'll have way too many kids
some rough decisions to make

At first thought, I would agree... but in second thought, I don't think it would be so difficult.

You think it was difficult for Chicago to figure out who their core was?

Chicago didn't seem to have much issues trading
Ladd
Byfuglien
Versteeg
Saad
Bolland
etc

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
At first thought, I would agree... but in second thought, I don't think it would be so difficult.

You think it was difficult for Chicago to figure out who their core was?

Chicago didn't seem to have much issues trading
Ladd
Byfuglien
Versteeg
Saad
Bolland
etc

You develop and identify your top core players. You try to keep those players together for as long as you can. You trade the ones that are not or that are replaceable with younger and cheaper assets.

Rinse and repeat.

Regsauceleafs

Jun 13, 2015
Good boost for the marlies having kapanen and leipsic back. Should help score a few more goals during a tough start to the weekend

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Todd Crocker @HockeyCrock 16m
Marlies Starting Lines vs Utica

Leivo Arcobello Brown
Clune Smith Kapanen
Kurtz Gauthier Lindberg
Leipsic Carrick Frattin
#marlieslive

Todd Crocker @HockeyCrock 19m
Pairings vs Comets
Campbell Valiev
Loov Percy
Brennan Holl
#marlieslive

Todd Crocker @HockeyCrock 12m
In goal: Antoine Bibeau 20-6-0 2.83 GAA .904% vs Joe Cannata 16-9-3 2.41 GAA .915%
#marlieslive

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad