Prospect Info: Prospects and Marlies Thread March 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxJammingxX

Mar 5, 2014
Nielsen ATO with the Marlies is official. Hopefully he has a good showing over the next few games.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I've never heard of him before but he seems to be a pretty good goal scorer but it always makes you wonder why?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=83996

His goal totals have gone up every year and his Plus/Minus has been going down.

Could be a Dubas free wallet find.

It sure seems he could be a good player, I would see him as a marlies signing to start at best. His numbers are ok and he is trending upwards as you said.
If there is one thing I'm learning with our new management it's wait and see. Even Smith is a very pleasant surprise!

Edit: colin, just to clarify.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Where are we going to see all these ATO guys get some ice.

Maybe Dubas, maybe Hunter doing some scouting out west. Maybe taking some hints from McCrimmon?
I really like the idea of throwing a lot of s...t against the wall and seeing what sticks.
Shanny said they would leave no stone unturned in finding talent.
Regarding mccrimmon, is he still considering joining he leafs or has that ship sailed?

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Where are we going to see all these ATO guys get some ice.

Maybe Dubas, maybe Hunter doing some scouting out west. Maybe taking some hints from McCrimmon?

I really like the idea of throwing a lot of s...t against the wall and seeing what sticks.
Shanny said they would leave no stone unturned in finding talent.
Regarding mccrimmon, is he still considering joining he leafs or has that ship sailed?

Not sure,

Dale Derkatch seems to be one of our WHL scouts (assumption)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/staff.php?staff=13342

I forgot Troy Bodie is a scout for us! Not sure if its Pro or Amatuer
http://www.eliteprospects.com/staff.php?staff=22735

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Witala has played on some pretty poor teams during his WHL career so his numbers won't be through the roof by any means, but he's good enough to be the all time leading scorer so that's something I think.

If he wants to be successful in the AHL or even ECHL, he needs to show as much effort in his own end as he does in the other end. This will be his biggest downfall IMO.

He has good speed, but will obviously lose a step at the next level. Will be an average or just above average skater if it goes well.

Very good shot, and the PP ran through him and his one timer all season long. Has good vision to make some great passing plays too.

He'll be easily shutdown offensively if he tries to dangle the defender one on one coming down the wing though - this was his bread and butter go to move...he'll be stopped 9/10 times he tries it at the next level.

Low risk, and possibly a reward with of a capable AHL'er in the future if he works on some things more

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Witala has played on some pretty poor teams during his WHL career so his numbers won't be through the roof by any means, but he's good enough to be the all time leading scorer so that's something I think.

If he wants to be successful in the AHL or even ECHL, he needs to show as much effort in his own end as he does in the other end. This will be his biggest downfall IMO.

He has good speed, but will obviously lose a step at the next level. Will be an average or just above average skater if it goes well.

Very good shot, and the PP ran through him and his one timer all season long. Has good vision to make some great passing plays too.

He'll be easily shutdown offensively if he tries to dangle the defender one on one coming down the wing though - this was his bread and butter go to move...he'll be stopped 9/10 times he tries it at the next level.

Low risk, and possibly a reward with of a capable AHL'er in the future if he works on some things more

Thanks for the write up.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
A lot of ATO's at the end of the season.

Interesting to see who sticks on for next season with the Marlies and Solar Bears. I know a lot of guys that signed ATO's like Rodewald & Bradford at the end of their junior careers hoped for a chance.

I'd imagine that most of these players are fighting for roster spots with the Solar Bears.

Hopefully out of the handful of guys that sign, they can get a guy like Justin Holl who was able to contribute with the Marlies all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad