Prospect Info: Prokhor Poltapov, F (33rd overall, 2021) Zvedza Moskva (VHL)

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Question regarding Poltapov and Russians in general.

If he signs an ELC after his contract is up, comes over, and only plays in Rochester, will his ELC slide another year?
So potentially:
23-24 Russia
24-25 Russia
25-26 rochester (but all year so elc slides)
26-27 rochester/Buffalo 1st yr of ELC counts
He'll come over when he is ready for the NHL. No AHL season for him. Like Kaprizov.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
Just two Sabres draftees
1682909688849.jpeg

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Great playoff performance from Prokhor, in a few years he could be a good top 9 player in the NHL.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I think it was a lance tweet that said something like "prokhor poltapov is going to be a good one" or "sabres fans will like poltapov" and it was a 6 second video clip of him (pretty sure we're talking 'bout practice) skating down the right wing, stomping on the brakes at about the faceoff circle, spinning all the way around to his right and firing a shot on goal, which went in.

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
I think it was a lance tweet that said something like "prokhor poltapov is going to be a good one" or "sabres fans will like poltapov" and it was a 6 second video clip of him (pretty sure we're talking 'bout practice) skating down the right wing, stomping on the brakes at about the faceoff circle, spinning all the way around to his right and firing a shot on goal, which went in.
Thank you cyber, much appreciated!

Reactions: cybresabre

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Saw that clip before it got taken down, and I gotta say it was pretty sweet.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Taken down for copyright?
Taken down because it was utterly unremarkable I imagine lol. Happens half a dozen times each practice. I was confused why Lance posted it initially.

But Poltapov is a beast! Can't wait to see him take more prominent role for CSKA and eventually slot in seamlessly for us while the whole league goes "who the hell is this and how does Buffalo have him?"

Reactions: cybresabre

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
4 years from now Poltapov could be that Barbashev middle-6 type, which would be nice considering Sabres passed on original Barbashev at the top of the 2nd round (he went next pick) to take Brendan Frickin Lemieux.
That is a great comp. Would be nice to have a spark plug that can play up and down the lineup. I think Poltapov could be the kind of player you can put anywhere and get good play out of him.

Reactions: Ralonzo and Fjordy

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

19. Prokhor Poltapov, LW

2/1/2003 | 6-feet | 176 pounds | Shoots right

Drafted: No. 33 in 2021
Tier: Projected to play NHL games

Skating: NHL average
Puck skills: NHL average
Hockey sense: NHL average
Compete: Above NHL average

Analysis: Poltapov played up all season on a top KHL club in CSKA in a limited-minutes role. He got better as the year went along with a strong KHL playoff. Poltapov has the speed and skill to create offense versus men and makes highly skilled plays often. But what draws you to go his game is his work ethic. He’s a gamer who doesn’t shy from running over opponents, and he gives it his all on the ice. He could be a bottom-six winger.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There is a lot of speculation that Russia will have a total mobilization in the coming months

If they fully mobilize, will even the hockey players be sent to the front?

This forum is not a place where we will be discussing this.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I was just looking at CSKA's roster and I was reminded they have Grigorenko. Hope he hasn't poisoned Poltapov's mind about Buffalo. The team did poorly and Grigorenko did poorly while he was here so he can't be full of positive things to say.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I was just looking at CSKA's roster and I was reminded they have Grigorenko. Hope he hasn't poisoned Poltapov's mind about Buffalo. The team did poorly and Grigorenko did poorly while he was here so he can't be full of positive things to say.
I dont think Grigorenko wants to impress some GenZ kid with his Millenial stories

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad