Prospect Info: Prokhor Poltapov, F (33rd overall, 2021) CSKA Moskva (KHL)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I think his contract is until 2024-25. But I haven’t looked it up in a while and info isn’t always the best out of there anyway. I know it was a long time we didn’t have to bother thinking about it. The other two guys over there (Neuchev and Novikov) can sign after April 30….in ten days.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
94F361AB-2887-4A59-86EE-1FD3C4F21E64.jpeg

Contact expires after 24/25. Can sign Apr 30 2025

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What is the chance russians will have permission to play in the nhl?

Could it be like soviet days where they are stuck?

Considering Marchenko signed with Columbus and Kuzmenko signed with Vancouver in June of last summer and Kisakov was able to sign and get cleared to play if we look even closer to the Sabres, I'm not sure where your idea is coming from that this is going to Soviet in restriction.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Considering Marchenko signed with Columbus and Kuzmenko signed with Vancouver in June of last summer and Kisakov was able to sign and get cleared to play if we look even closer to the Sabres, I'm not sure where your idea is coming from that this is going to Soviet in restriction.

That was last summer before the mobilizations started. There is another one coming soon. Military age men aren't exactly allowed to leave Russia these days

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Are you really sure they're not allowed to leave? I had a group of 10 early 20yo Russians out partying on Soi 6 last night in my bars. 4 condos on my floor are owned by Russians and have been filled as AirBnB for the last couple months as travel restrictions ended.

There is a new mobilization soon to begin. Military age men are being forced to register. If to, they are not permitted to do much of anything

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Are you really sure they're not allowed to leave? I had a group of 10 early 20yo Russians out partying on Soi 6 last night in my bars. 4 condos on my floor are owned by Russians and have been filled as AirBnB for the last couple months as travel restrictions ended.

There are so many who've left even after mobilization, vranyo is so prevalent - if someone wants out, they'll get out.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Through history immortal the shield walls are filled by the poor, the affluent rise above. Or in the prophetic Animal Farm, all animals are created equal, some just moreso
It was even that way in the US during Vietnam. If an affluent kid got selected in the draft, they found their way to the US Army in Europe, or into a reserve component position which never would go to SE Asia.

The idea of a volunteer Army isn’t perfect but it clears some of that inequality away.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
This is some play right here

Hell of a call too - oyoioioioioioiiii. Can he learn English in a few months and replace Sleepy Dan?

Poltapov clearly seems on a steady track to be a very good pro. Over there or over here is the question. I imagine we'll see his development accelerate with more ice time the next year or two. Either way, a shrewd stash pick to compliment our glut of earlier arriving prospects.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
No idea if he's a generally steady player or what, but he's certainly putting some highlights together this month.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Hell of a call too - oyoioioioioioiiii. Can he learn English in a few months and replace Sleepy Dan?

Poltapov clearly seems on a steady track to be a very good pro. Over there or over here is the question. I imagine we'll see his development accelerate with more ice time the next year or two. Either way, a shrewd stash pick to compliment our glut of earlier arriving prospects.
Hes not small and he plays a decent defensive game from what others have said. Definitely fills a need for us going forward. At the same, his trade value is going way up right now.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
No heroics yet today, AK Bars are up 2-0 about halfway through the game. He has 2 shots with a bit over 5 minutes TOI.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Question regarding Poltapov and Russians in general.

If he signs an ELC after his contract is up, comes over, and only plays in Rochester, will his ELC slide another year?
So potentially:
23-24 Russia
24-25 Russia
25-26 rochester (but all year so elc slides)
26-27 rochester/Buffalo 1st yr of ELC counts

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Question regarding Poltapov and Russians in general.

If he signs an ELC after his contract is up, comes over, and only plays in Rochester, will his ELC slide another year?
So potentially:
23-24 Russia
24-25 Russia
25-26 rochester (but all year so elc slides)
26-27 rochester/Buffalo 1st yr of ELC counts

No, he's too old for the slide.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad