Prospect Info: Prokhor Poltapov, F (33rd overall, 2021) Zvedza Moskva (VHL)

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Breaking into one of the top KHL teams, such as CSKA Moscow, is difficult for a draft-eligible player. As a result, 17-year-old forward Prokhor Poltapov played just one KHL game this season. He got plenty of ice time in the Russian Junior League, the MHL. Poltapov scored 25 goals and 27 assists for 52 points in 61 games with Krasnaya Armiya Moskva. He also added two goals and an assist in six playoff games. Poltapov joined the Russian team at the IIHF Under-20 World Championships. He put up two goals and five assists for seven points in seven tournament games. Poltapov helped the Russian team to a silver medal.

2021 NHL Draft #48: Prokhor Poltapov Scouting Report

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Higher on him than most, had him 30th.

Explosive winger with incredible hands and creativity. Huge upside. Good vision too and another guy with a terrific shot. Not the biggest guy but plays like a power forward with his style.

Stunned they took a Russian and lots of risk with inconsistencies and not a great two-way game but another swing for the fences is a refreshing change.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I would rather go down swinging by taking guys with high end skill, than guys like Davidsson.

What was the year 2014 where we took all safe picks in the 2nd, think we had 3 of them? Just brutal. Go for the homerun. Outside chance at a player like Kucherov in the second would be insane.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
What was the year 2014 where we took all safe picks in the 2nd, think we had 3 of them? Just brutal. Go for the homerun. Outside chance at a player like Kucherov in the second would be insane.

Lemieux over Barbashev was confusing at the time.
Cornel and Karabacek showed promising post-seasons iirc, there were a couple d-men people wanted + Point but I don't remember exactly.

Regardless I like that they're swinging.

Reactions: EichHart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad