Prospect Info: Prokhor Poltapov, F (33rd overall, 2021) Zvedza Moskva (VHL)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
20yo man-child pro, love the this kind of translatable play from him. He looks big and strong next to 6'1 185 Jesse Graham.

I'm consistently impressed with his ability to make plays in traffic and how he works along the wall. Good foot speed too, not a plodder.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I'm consistently impressed with his ability to make plays in traffic and how he works along the wall. Good foot speed too, not a plodder.
Right. At the risk of getting ahead of ourselves, he seems like the type of pro-style wing that we could really use to plug and play to do the dirty work in the middle 6 in a few years (at a sweet AAV). How would his ELC work when he's 22, 2 year?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Right. At the risk of getting ahead of ourselves, he seems like the type of pro-style wing that we could really use to plug and play to do the dirty work in the middle 6 in a few years (at a sweet AAV). How would his ELC work when he's 22, 2 year?

Yeah, 22 would be a 2-year ELC. I just don't see him as someone who is going to need AHL time with how he is playing now and there is a bit of contact driven, interior play there which should be a nice contribution to the middle of this lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad