Preds Fans Fantasy Hockey League

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
Last call to anyone interested in joining or wanting to give it a try.

Instead of this being an add a person when you want league, we are trying out more of a fantasy football approach this year by only allowing waivers to run on certain dates. So if you are into fantasy football, you should try hockey this year!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I think a lot of people don't play fantasy hockey because they're A.) worried it'll take too much time or B.) worried they don't know the league deeply enough to do it.

My response would be A.) it doesn't and B.) it's a good way to learn the league because you find yourself paying attention to a lot of players and teams you wouldn't before.

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN
Last call to anyone interested in joining or wanting to give it a try.

Instead of this being an add a person when you want league, we are trying out more of a fantasy football approach this year by only allowing waivers to run on certain dates. So if you are into fantasy football, you should try hockey this year!

Is it a once a week kinda thing? Can you pick someone up from the player pool (not on waivers) if someone goes on IR?

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
Is there a way to see who the keepers are?
Your keepers? You go to "My Team" and then select "Keepers".

For others? Before the keeper deadline: no. After the keeper deadline: yes. Once the keeper deadline passes, I believe you go to My Team > Keepers > View League Keepers

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN
Your keepers? You go to "My Team" and then select "Keepers".

For others? Before the keeper deadline: no. After the keeper deadline: yes. Once the keeper deadline passes, I believe you go to My Team > Keepers > View League Keepers

Thanks. That is what I was looking for.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
How does it work, btw. Are you just 4 players short after the draft if you didn't pick your keepers and can fill your roster with free agents or what?

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN
How does it work, btw. Are you just 4 players short after the draft if you didn't pick your keepers and can fill your roster with free agents or what?

Nah. If you didnt have an under 23 pick you will get a scrub added for the first round. After that it will be like a normal draft except you wont be able to select the other people's keepers. I think anyway.

lstcyr

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Nah. If you didnt have an under 23 pick you will get a scrub added for the first round. After that it will be like a normal draft except you wont be able to select the other people's keepers. I think anyway.

I thought the keepers substituted for your first picks. If you kept 4 keepers, your first pick is round five. I might be wrong.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006

I thought the keepers substituted for your first picks. If you kept 4 keepers, your first pick is round five. I might be wrong.
You're both right. If you kept players, the system will "select" them automatically in the first few rounds. If you didn't keep players, you'll draft in those spots instead.

Not keeping anyone (or keeping less than the max) is a good strategy if you think you can get a better player by drafting instead.

jfw

Sep 14, 2010
You're both right. If you kept players, the system will "select" them automatically in the first few rounds. If you didn't keep players, you'll draft in those spots instead.

Not keeping anyone (or keeping less than the max) is a good strategy if you think you can get a better player by drafting instead.

ahh, didn't realize that. I just picked four. if had known that might have changed a bit of strategy. oh well, newbie mistake :)

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014

Well I'm glad I have good keepers. Wouldn't have left anyone out even if I had known this

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Dammit I left 2 goals on my bench today because I didn't know there were games this afternoon. Oh well. Been fun to get back in the routine again.

edit: by 2 goals I mean 1 assist because I can't read.

Last edited:

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
I cant send a reply on the website, but I'm in.
Yeah, ESPN Fantasy Hockey is down right now (just the League tab). They'll have it up soon.

Everyone else check your emails and or let me know if you are in again.

Also, anyone new interested in joining? We're entering our 11th season and we have over 80+ players in this league. It's for both newbies AND for veterans. The skilled teams matchup vs skilled managers and newbie teams matchup vs newbie managers.

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, ESPN Fantasy Hockey is down right now (just the League tab). They'll have it up soon.

Everyone else check your emails and or let me know if you are in again.

Also, anyone new interested in joining? We're entering our 11th season and we have over 80+ players in this league. It's for both newbies AND for veterans. The skilled teams matchup vs skilled managers and newbie teams matchup vs newbie managers.

I'm interested in playing! Send me a PM please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad