Preds Fans Fantasy Hockey League

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
Non keeper people kinda get screwed in the first four rounds.

I pick 13th, 27th, 41st, 55th and then 69th..
Meh, yeah. But typically I see it this way for those people without keepers:

1.) that means you are new to the league. Congrats! It's the best fantasy hockey league you'll play in... can pretty much promise that
2.) you were promoted (isn't that a 'reward' enough?)
3.) you were demoted (means you should go down and win the league below you)
4.) it means you didn't think your player is one that would be drafted in the first 3-4 rounds (which is actually true for probably 33% of the players that are kept by teams)

So yes, it stinks. But it rewards teams that stay in the league and weren't rewarded with a promotion. It allows them to keep their favorite player from year-to-year if they'd like.

Unfortunately there's no way to make the keeper rounds snake.

It's been pretty challenging trying to implement keepers with a promotion/relegation system.
Yeah, it is a lot of work. But I don't think challenging is the right word. I think we have a pretty fair/good system going right now.

Lost my old account, if there is a spot open I'd love to join you guys! :yo:
Sure. Email me at [email protected] and I'll get an invite out to you.

I never got the email fish
Check your junk mail. If it isn't there, I'll re-send this afternoon.

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN
utmfisher19 said:
So yes, it stinks. But it rewards teams that stay in the league and weren't rewarded with a promotion. It allows them to keep their favorite player from year-to-year if they'd like.
Eh. It's not that big of a deal. Just venting over my bad luck of draft placement. The computer is drafting for me anyway.

utmfisher19 said:
Yeah, it is a lot of work. But I don't think challenging is the right word. I think we have a pretty fair/good system going right now.

:bow: Thank you! :handclap:

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Non keeper people kinda get screwed in the first four rounds.

I pick 13th, 27th, 41st, 55th and then 69th..

Not really. The first 12 picks of each round are keepers of other teams. Everyone else is free reign for you to pick. The premiere league had Crosby open for one of the two new teams in the last few years. There are tons of guys to pick from and while it may not be the entire league, there are still good players to be had. Of course this is only true if the remaining 12 teams all had 4 keepers each. There were a few teams with only 3 keepers so they get to pick as well but to be able to draft from that selection of players first isn't that horrible. You can really do some damage in a good way if you're smart. I had to give up Parise, Pavelski and Landeskog for an example of guys that are out there to be had. It's not so bad.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Gotta start from somewhere. There will always be teams pressing for a championship and decide not to keep a few young studs for establish productive vets. Just takes a bit of strategy and patience, especially if your promotion leads to a mediocre team the following year. As with every fantasy team, the round 6-12 picks can be just as impactful as the 1-4 ones.

Last edited:

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
My team and draft pick number.. Im happy.. Ignore the first pick. It means nothing.

MEN OF THE NIGHTS WATCH
11 Jean-Simon Allard, FA C K
25 Tyler Seguin, Dal C
39 Shea Weber, Nsh D
53 Nathan MacKinnon, Col C
67 Kyle Okposo, NYI RW
74 Milan Lucic, Bos LW
95 Roman Josi, Nsh D
102 Ryan Suter, Min D
123 Cam Fowler, Ana D
130 Craig Smith, Nsh RW
151 Braden Holtby, Wsh G
158 Bobby Ryan, Ott RW
179 Matt Moulson, Buf LW
186 Mike Richards, LA C
207 Vladimir Tarasenko, StL RW
214 Brian Campbell, Fla D
235 Olli Maatta, Pit D
242 Anton Khudobin, Car G
263 Colin Wilson, Nsh LW
270 Aaron Ekblad, Fla D
291 Hampus Lindholm, Ana D
298 Josh Bailey, NYI LW
319 Elias Lindholm, Car C
326 Ryan Ellis, Nsh D

ramm

Oct 2, 2014
Atlanta
Pretty happy with my team, just needs some little changes but I'm happy! Ready to get this started!

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
Neal Before Saad

My team is manageable. I thought that about my football team too and can't seem to get it on track.

I feel good about my team too... until I look around at other teams and start to question. Ha. Oh and my football team: I LOVE them. But gah something goes wrong every week for me.

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN
Neal Before Saad

My team is manageable. I thought that about my football team too and can't seem to get it on track.

I feel good about my team too... until I look around at other teams and start to question. Ha. Oh and my football team: I LOVE them. But gah something goes wrong every week for me.

Both of your teams look better than mine. I think I have a good middle of the pack team. I have good wingers decent goalies and defense, but I think I have the worst group of centers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad