Preds Fans Fantasy Hockey League

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
can we have a regular fantasy league? Last year it was way too confusing for a young f prof to handle.
Yeah I can do that....

But I guess I'm confused as to why it was confusing? The whole U25 keeper throw you off? Because, besides that, there isn't anything else that's different is there?

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
Hey all,

It's that time again! The keeper leagues are back up and running in its 10th season. So check out which league you are in this year and report back to me whether you are in or out for this year (so I can fill your spot if you are out).

A little about the leagues:
We are currently 7 leagues deep full of promotions/relegations. That means there are currently 90(!) owners playing in this league. The competition varies based on which league you are in. If you are a newbie, you will be placed in one of the lower leagues. Whereas if you are an expert, you will be playing in one of the top leagues. So you will be matched with people that will dedicate similar efforts/time and talents. We are looking to grow to 7 full leagues this year! So if you are interested (beginner or expert), please let me know.

A lot more detail about the leagues:
Leagues are full of two-7 team divisions. Top 3 teams in the league are promoted to the league higher, whereas the bottom 3 teams are demoted to the league lower. You are allowed to keep 3 players (and one under-23 years of age) from your last years' team. We snake draft until teams have filled their 24 man roster (starters: 11 forwards, 4 dmen, 3 util, and 2 goalies). We play in a head-to-head league by category (19 categories: G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, FOW, SOG, PPP, SHP, DEF Pts, Hits, Blocked Shots, Avg TOI, Goalie Wins, Saves, Shutouts, GAA, SV%, and Goalie Win%). So if you sweep every category, you win 19-0-0 for the week.

Let me know if you guys are interested (you can either post here, PM me, or email me) or have any further questions. Thanks!

Brian Fisher
[email protected]

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN
I'm in. Little Lebowski urban achievers. Was in L6 I think moving to L5. I would like to change my team name if possible too.

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
I'm in. Little Lebowski urban achievers. Was in L6 I think moving to L5. I would like to change my team name if possible too.
Yup. Moving to L5. You should get an invitation to join sometime next week. Is your email still the same (name @ gmail)?

The Brooklyn Hipsters will definitely be back. I think I'm moving back up to the Premier League this season?
Sweet. That you are. You still the same email (your first initial, last name @ gmail)?

Says I'm in League 6. Sounds about right.
Yessir. That you are.

jfw

Sep 14, 2010
very much a newbie question as I have never played in any sort of fantasy league (for any sport), but how much time per week does this all take? I'm not as familiar with the league as a whole either about who to draft or put in my lineup each week (I think that's a thing). how difficult is that?

Thanks!

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
On Sunday I look at the week ahead and change my lineups for each day in advance. Takes about 15 minutes. Then I check my results, see if anyone got injured, and just let it roll.

Others may spend more, but I think I won in the playoffs last season, so it does work to some degree ;)

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
very much a newbie question as I have never played in any sort of fantasy league (for any sport), but how much time per week does this all take? I'm not as familiar with the league as a whole either about who to draft or put in my lineup each week (I think that's a thing). how difficult is that?

Thanks!
I know this seems like a silly answer, but it is true: You can do as much or as little time as you want.

I know some who check it every other day (1-5 minutes) to check how their players did in the past 1-2 nights of games, see if anyone got hurt, if there is anyone on the waiver wire who has playing well that they'd like to pickup, etc. And then at the end of the week, do a thorough evaluation of their team (5-10 min).

And I know some who check it once a week (5-10 min). On that day, they look at their players "rankings" (rather than their stats) to see how they did the past week, look at the waiver wire to see if any players are doing well that they want to pickup, check to see if any of their players got hurt, look at the standings to see where their team is, and see how they did in their matchup vs someone else in the league.

Personally, I thoroughly check mine twice a week (Monday and Thursday for 5-10 min). And then do a quick check nearly everyday for 1-2 minutes to see how my players did in the previous night, to see if anyone got hurt, to see if I'm winning my matchup, and to check the waiver wire.

I'd say I'm on the higher end, but I probably put 15-25 minutes in per week.

I usually switch my lineups every day at work when I'm bored. Takes like 2 minutes.
There ya go... 15 min per week

On Sunday I look at the week ahead and change my lineups for each day in advance. Takes about 15 minutes. Then I check my results, see if anyone got injured, and just let it roll.

Others may spend more, but I think I won in the playoffs last season, so it does work to some degree ;)
So about 15-20 min per week... Seems to be the consistent answer.

jfw

Sep 14, 2010
thanks for the feedback all. I'm interested in giving it a shot, just to see. would help learn some of the other players in the league as well.

how does the draft work? is it automatic or do we actually draft the players?

I'm sure I need to sign up somewhere :) I'll send my email to utmfisher

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
thanks for the feedback all. I'm interested in giving it a shot, just to see. would help learn some of the other players in the league as well.

how does the draft work? is it automatic or do we actually draft the players?

I'm sure I need to sign up somewhere :) I'll send my email to utmfisher
You'll draft the players online with everyone else. If you can't make a draft at the time, it auto-drafts for you when your spot comes up. I forgot about plans I had during last year's draft so that happened to me.

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
Promotions/Demotions going on as we speak. So look in your emails if you were promoted/demoted. I've finished L1-L4. I'll be doing L5-L7 tomorrow.

PL1, I'll be sending out a league wide email requesting your input tomorrow also.

Then, league wide emails should go out at the beginning of next week with rules changes for this year, rules changes for next year (if the rule change is approved via majority vote within the PL1), and any other news/notes.

lstcyr

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Thanks for doing this. It's always a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to trying to keep my streak of moving up going.

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
Can we by chance keep anyone off of our assumed teams? :naughty:
Yup... I'm allowing that this year. I don't see a real disadvantage at all to drafting, but I'm tired of hearing promoted/demoted teams complain about it. So I just said 'forget it' and are letting them do what they want (even though in most cases it hurts them).

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Yup... I'm allowing that this year. I don't see a real disadvantage at all to drafting, but I'm tired of hearing promoted/demoted teams complain about it. So I just said 'forget it' and are letting them do what they want (even though in most cases it hurts them).
Interesting! Didn't know you went for that this year. Does this include the U23 player/lost draft pick?

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
Interesting! Didn't know you went for that this year. Does this include the U23 player/lost draft pick?
Correct. And yeah, I haven't announced it yet. I'm going to announce it next week when I send out the "State of the League" email (along with new rules, future rules, etc). I am hoping to have all the promotions/demotions finished by then. My part is finished, just some people are SO slow at accepting their invitations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad