Preds Fans Fantasy Hockey League

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I wanna make sure. If the team I inherited doesn't have an under-23 player I want to keep, am I picking one in the 4th round (I'm keeping three over 23 players in this scenario)?

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Sneaky. Didn't even cross my mind that the transaction would be open. There were few viable options for u23 keepers and I'm still not sure wether I'm gonna gamble for a better pick (Looking at the rosters, you know there are gonna be few very good options and some very intriguing) or take the safe pick and run.

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN
Sneaky. Didn't even cross my mind that the transaction would be open. There were few viable options for u23 keepers and I'm still not sure wether I'm gonna gamble for a better pick (Looking at the rosters, you know there are gonna be few very good options and some very intriguing) or take the safe pick and run.

I think if you dont have an U23 keeper you get a scrub. I do think you can not keep one of your other 3 to get a different player though.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Is there really much of a strategy in keeping guys or not? I have two 23 or under guys who are okay and I wouldn't mind having them but what's the alternative if I don't?

I've played keeper leagues in baseball but it's dependent on what round you picked your keeper in the previous season. I don't know how this one works.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Is there really much of a strategy in keeping guys or not? I have two 23 or under guys who are okay and I wouldn't mind having them but what's the alternative if I don't?

I've played keeper leagues in baseball but it's dependent on what round you picked your keeper in the previous season. I don't know how this one works.

Under 23 guys are tricky because if you don't keep one, you end up losing a keeper and end up picking late because of it. The trick is finding 3 guys you know you want to keep according to the team you want to build, or hope to and find an U23 that you'd like to keep for a few years so you don't have to think about it.

I have a few options this year with keepers but not my U23. I have Gibson as my U23 and then I had to choose from Holtby, Benn, Burns and Weber for my other 3 guys. Depending on how I want to assemble my team, this was a pretty easy choice. 3 of those 4 are top 10 fantasy choices and as much as I love Weber, the other 3 are too good to pass up. My team is built off of goalie strength this year which is a change in philosophy as I won last year going for better players and taking goalies late in the draft as they're always going to be available. Because I traded away my 7th and 8th round picks for Holtby and Gibson, I had to alter my strategy and build from the net out. I'll have a 5th and 6th and then I don't pick again until round 9. It's going to be tough but the only thing I worry about this year after winning it all is not to be relegated and with the two goalies I've got, I should be assured of that. Also, as long as I draft well with my early picks, I should be a mid tier team, possibly sneaking in to the playoffs as I always do and that's not to be cocky, it's just fact. I've been fortunate and a good enough GM to make the playoffs every year the premier league has been in existence. I finally won it all last year after pulling the Preds year after year in the playoffs.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I feel like I should have kept less players. I expected way more keepers.

Kinda feel the same.
22 picks before my turn, so quite possible that one of the dmen I'd rather pick than Hedman would have fallen that far. And no reason why I couldn't have gone for a forward instead.

Well, have to pick that much better in the later rounds :naughty:

e: Oh wait. It's a snake draft right? So when I start drafting (after 3 rounds of drafting that fills the empty keeper spots), it's in reversed order? While at 12 of 14 in draft order, it's not a huge difference, I could have picked a forward that goes right before my turn and still have Hedman?

Don't get the tone of my post wrong, I'm just curious, trying to understand this a little better :laugh:

Last edited:

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN
Oh wait. It's a snake draft right? So when I start drafting (after 3 rounds of drafting that fills the empty keeper spots), it's in reversed order? At 12 of 14 in draft order, that's not a huge difference
14 of 14 here. My first pick is the end of the 5th round. Did you not keep an U23 player? I dont think you get to draft that spot. I think you get a scrub fill in. Not really sure though.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
14 of 14 here. My first pick is the end of the 5th round. Did you not keep an U23 player? I dont think you get to draft that spot. I think you get a scrub fill in. Not really sure though.

I did. I'm just confused with round numbers and actual drafting rounds

3.) If you DO NOT select an Under 23 player, a scrub player will be placed on your Keeper List in lieu. The U23 pick WILL be your first round pick (but we are counting the 1st round as the TRUE 25th round of the draft -- making 2nd round the REAL 1st round).

So 1st round is u23 picks and replacements, which are actually picked at the end?
2nd-4th are for drafting for empty keeper spots?
5th round would then be the first round everyone is involved (and draft order starting from 1 of 14 again)?

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN
So 1st round is u23 picks and replacements, which are actually picked at the end?
2nd-4th are for drafting for empty keeper spots?
5th round would then be the first round everyone is involved (and draft order starting from 1 of 14 again)?

Looking at the website it looks like the first 4 rounds are the keepers. I will pick at the end of the 5th and also have the last pick in the draft. :cry:

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
Is this happening? We are about a week away from the Keeper Deadline and the league (L2) has not been reactivated yet. Not sure if the others have or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad