Post-Game Talk: Post Mortem Analysis

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Can somebody translate this quote from Bob? Was Bob actually pulling for a better draft pick?

I think that's just Bob reacting to Dale Tallon, who called to "congratulate" him for making the playoffs yet again... :help:

Stephens' article said:
“I talked to (Florida GM Dale Tallon) this morning and he says look at you and look at me. My pick’s a lot better than yours right now. I said, ‘You’re bloody right it is.’ Those are the things that you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t. It’s just the way the game is. I’m confident in Randy.”

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Yeah, Yawney deserved the axe after this season. Whether he was directly responsible for the d-zone play or not, it was putrid and that was his area.

Who runs our PP? That guy really needs to go.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I've never been a fan of Yawney, but this is just ridiculous. When does anybody in management take some responsibility in this organization? Not Bob? Not Randy? But Yawney? :facepalm:

Henry, these guys are a joke and are embarrassing your organization. Do something.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Yawney seemed pretty good with developing guys but also fits in with wanting to change how the defense plays. Could also be something of convenience if his deal was up, or are all assistants on one year deals? They never really say, I don't think.

Be interesting to see who replaces him. I wonder if they look at a guy with head coaching experience, maybe someone like Gulutzan?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The D system looked decent (not great but decent) until Carlyle took over. Not sure why Yawney pays the consequences for that.

Reactions: Bee

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Both those teams "star" forwards are also like 10 years younger than ours :laugh:

Wheeler is basically the same age as Getzlaf.

Difference is their stars are flat out faster than our stars. Cogs is the only one in our top 9 I would say is fast, Kase is above average but not a butner. The rest are slow to average.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Wheeler is basically the same age as Getzlaf.

Difference is their stars are flat out faster than our stars. Cogs is the only one in our top 9 I would say is fast, Kase is above average but not a butner. The rest are slow to average.

Kase is a weird one. Sometimes he looks flat-out fast, sometimes he looks average. I think he has serious wheels but it's not a cornerstone of his game the way it is for Cogs, Kase relies more on his hands in tight but can rip when he wants to.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think BM is going to have to go down with the ship at this point. No big changes happen until the Samueli's sack up and move on from Bob. When that will happen, who knows.

You can't let him pick another coach IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad