Post-Game Talk: Post Mortem Analysis

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
So, their exit interviews and injury updates were basically as complete as their 60 minute effort each night?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Not only that, but I think that day was just a day where they had a few select people talk to the media. It wasn't "exit interview day". Bob said he wanted to let things settle down before they did exit interviews. I don't think it was ever made public when that happened.

I think you're getting that from the last 31 thoughts, I kind of thought the same, but that might've been clunky wording/reporting from Friedman. Murray said they were holding off but that quote might've been taken right after the loss but before that Saturday when those interviews happened and published a week or so later. The Ducks twitter account referred to them as exit interviews and I can't even imagine they're allowed to keep them for that much longer after the season ends.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I think you're getting that from the last 31 thoughts, I kind of thought the same, but that might've been clunky wording/reporting from Friedman. Murray said they were holding off but that quote might've been taken right after the loss but before that Saturday when those interviews happened and published a week or so later. The Ducks twitter account referred to them as exit interviews and I can't even imagine they're allowed to keep them for that much longer after the season ends.
No I think this happened a week later, as Friedman talked with Murray when he was scouting junior players the week after game 4. Here is the main part:

After their elimination to San Jose, he delayed the Ducks’ exit meetings.
“I’m not ready for that yet,” he said Wednesday. “There’s still a lot of emotion. I wanted to sit for a bit.”
They will begin Friday. He held an interesting debriefing with local reporters about the way his team needs to play.
31 Thoughts: How different will Maple Leafs look in 2018–19? - Sportsnet.ca

So that would imply he spoke with reporters on the 25th, one week after game 4 which was on the 18th. He obviously didn’t talk to reporters at a junior game the day the Ducks were eliminated. That then would mean exit meetings would begin Friday the 27th. The interviews the team posted happened the previous Saturday, the 21st.

I guess I should also clarify there is a distinction between exit interviews and exit meetings. Obviously, the interviews would be them talking to the media. The meetings would be the players talking to the big wigs from the team, i.e. the front office and/or coaching staff. The meetings were what they delayed. They always took place together before, so using one term seemed to be sufficient. But in this case, they were two separate events.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
No I think this happened a week later, as Friedman talked with Murray when he was scouting junior players the week after game 4. Here is the main part:

31 Thoughts: How different will Maple Leafs look in 2018–19? - Sportsnet.ca

So that would imply he spoke with reporters on the 25th, one week after game 4 which was on the 18th. He obviously didn’t talk to reporters at a junior game the day the Ducks were eliminated. That then would mean exit meetings would begin Friday the 27th. The interviews the team posted happened the previous Saturday, the 21st.

I guess I should also clarify there is a distinction between exit interviews and exit meetings. Obviously, the interviews would be them talking to the media. The meetings would be the players talking to the big wigs from the team, i.e. the front office and/or coaching staff. The meetings were what they delayed. They always took place together before, so using one term seemed to be sufficient. But in this case, they were two separate events.

Ok yeah you're right. Thats what I initially believed but overthought it afterwards I guess. Definitely weird they're allowed to do that, I'm guessing some guys (Chimera especially comes to mind) wanted to get out of town ASAP.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Ok yeah you're right. Thats what I initially believed but overthought it afterwards I guess. Definitely weird they're allowed to do that, I'm guessing some guys (Chimera especially comes to mind) wanted to get out of town ASAP.
It is strange. Maybe they did it over Facetime, I don't know. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad