Possible trade and roster fixes for the Wings, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
We don't need a forward (Unless we can swing a deal for a game change like Vanek). What we need is a 2nd pairing defenseman. Think Brad Stuart in 2008.

While this is true we also don't have capspace nor do we have people who have any semblance of value for trades either that could free up that space for a 2nd pairing defender.

Anchor Town*

Random thought : Andersson and Quincey for Ott and McBain. Detroit gets tougher and a much needed right-shooting D and Buffalo gets a good 3rd C and a defenceman that needs a change of scenery.

Nothing exciting, which makes me thinks it's an ideal Holland-type deal.

Lol. Andersson is not a "good" 3C. He is an average 4C. Let's not overrate our guys too much

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
we already have one macdonald.

We used to, but Joey is a Flame now...

Also, I have know idea why people want Andrew MacDonald. He's not that good.

Chris Botta ‏@ChrisBottaNHL 3 t
Updating tweet from Friday: told now that Red Wings are out on Vanek. Don't want to give up 2-3 assets to rent him.
No point in overpaying in assets for a rental that could run for it when those same assets could do the same job that Vanek would do.

Last edited:

NyquistIsMyGod*

Chris Botta ‏@ChrisBottaNHL 3 t
Updating tweet from Friday: told now that Red Wings are out on Vanek. Don't want to give up 2-3 assets to rent him.

Good. I was worried that they'd be really in there for Vanek like other teams. Not worth it IMO.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Good. I was worried that they'd be really in there for Vanek like other teams. Not worth it IMO.

So glad Kenny isn't wanting to lose these guys's they spent the time developing.

My offer would of been a first this year + B prospect + conditional 1st/2nd if he re-signs....plus cap dump of course

NyquistIsMyGod*

So glad Kenny isn't wanting to lose these guys's they spent the time developing.

My offer would of been a first this year + B prospect + conditional 1st/2nd if he re-signs....plus cap dump of course

Agreed. If we did lose one of these guys, I'd rather it be rumored available player Jordan Eberle who could be a core piece for a long time.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
The only moves Holland should be looking at is the guys that won't be waiver exempt next year and won't be on the team for a draft pick. Assuming another team thinks those guys are NHL players.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Agreed. If we did lose one of these guys, I'd rather it be rumored available player Jordan Eberle who could be a core piece for a long time.
Would absolutely love Eberle here but I'm not sure what the cost would be. He'd easily be a PPG player on Datsyuk or Zetterberg's wing.

If I were to guess I think Mrazek + Tatar would start discussions

NyquistIsMyGod*

Would absolutely love Eberle here but I'm not sure what the cost would be. He'd easily be a PPG player on Datsyuk or Zetterberg's wing.

Ebs interests me. He could be moved. He's right handed, young, has that potential consistent 70 points a year and has a style to mesh right in in Detroit.

If something were to happen, I imagine it would be centered around Petr Mrazek.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Ebs interests me. He could be moved. He's right handed, young, has that potential consistent 70 points a year and has a style to mesh right in in Detroit.

If something were to happen, I imagine it would be centered around Petr Mrazek.

1st, Mrazek, Sproul and Andersson+?

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
I agree. Toughness is only really an asset if it's combined with skill, like the Bruins.

That's why you need to draft and groom those types. If not, you either don't have any or have to overpay to get some players that play that type of game.

barnztormre

Our goley is awsom
Jan 21, 2013
West Palm Beach, FL
There are very few assets that I'd willingly part with Mrazek for. Eberle fits the bill quite nicely.

At the risk of being skewered: Mrazek/Pulkkinen/(mid-low)1st for Eberle/(high)3rd?

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
There are very few assets that I'd willingly part with Mrazek for. Eberle fits the bill quite nicely.

At the risk of being skewered: Mrazek/Pulkkinen/(mid-low)1st for Eberle/(high)3rd?
I think V84 had a very good and fair base with 1st, Mrazek, Sproul.

Mrazek + Sproul + Pulkkinen + 1st for Eberle + 3rd?

As much as I think Mrazek can turn out to be a top 10 goalie, if I have to ship him out to get Eberle I think I do it. I think DET and EDM can be good trading partners in that regards.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I think V84 had a very good and fair base with 1st, Mrazek, Sproul.

Mrazek + Sproul + Pulkkinen + 1st for Eberle + 3rd?

As much as I think Mrazek can turn out to be a top 10 goalie, if I have to ship him out to get Eberle I think I do it. I think DET and EDM can be good trading partners in that regards.

Why? We don't need Eberle. We have plenty of skilled wingers who are NHL ready or are near being NHL ready. It's just a waste of assets. Mrazek is our future goalie. Howard is almost 30, it's reasonable to think his play could start slipping further in another 2-3 years. What would we do then? Just hope Paterson develops into a stud?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I would in favour of a Andersson and Quincey/Kindl trade for McBain. He's a bruising RHD defenseman and is also a RFA, and with only Myers, Erhoff and Weber signed through the summer plus Ristolainen, Zadorov and Pysyk chomping at the bit, they might want to test the FA market for a bottom-pairing D and skip the RFA stuff altogether.

Andersson has lost his place (IMO) to Sheahan / Helm in the rotation when everyone is healthy.

I targeted McBain for Kindl not long ago, I like that deal.

We could even build a package where we are throwing Andersson in and finding a way to get Luke Adam back who could use a change of scenery.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Why? We don't need Eberle. We have plenty of skilled wingers who are NHL ready or are near being NHL ready. It's just a waste of assets. Mrazek is our future goalie. Howard is almost 30, it's reasonable to think his play could start slipping further in another 2-3 years. What would we do then? Just hope Paterson develops into a stud?
I think you are undervaluing Eberle and overvaluing Detroit's prospects

Also note that goalies typically don't start peaking until their mid 30s. Howard will be fine for some time to come.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I think you are undervaluing Eberle and overvaluing Detroit's prospects

Also note that goalies typically don't start peaking until their mid 30s. Howard will be fine for some time to come.

I'm really not. Eberle is a good player, he's just not needed. You don't think Nyquist, Tatar, Mantha, Jurco, and maybe even Pulky have the ability to adequately fill the role Eberle would? You think the difference between those wingers and Eberle is a 1st round pick, a future starting goalie, a future top 4 defenseman, and a future 2nd/3rd line winger?

Some goalies peak later some don't. It wouldn't be wise to throw away your backup plan to Howard declining sooner than anticipated for something you don't really need imo.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Eberle is a proven quantity while our prospects are just prospects. He'd be phenomenal on the wings with a good coach, I'd easily give up Mrazek, Sproul, 1st

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
I'm really not. Eberle is a good player, he's just not needed. You don't think Nyquist, Tatar, Mantha, Jurco, and maybe even Pulky have the ability to adequately fill the role Eberle would? You think the difference between those wingers and Eberle is a 1st round pick, a future starting goalie, a future top 4 defenseman, and a future 2nd/3rd line winger?

Some goalies peak later some don't. It wouldn't be wise to throw away your backup plan to Howard declining sooner than anticipated for something you don't really need imo.
I think we tend to gush about Tatar and Nyquist a little too much. Yes, they are good players but they won't ever be on Eberle's level, he's already proven he's essentially a PPG player for years now and he's the same age as Tatar. Nyquist, Tatar, Mantha, Jurco, Pulkkinen can't say that. And he's right-handed.

I get that we all like the prospects Detroit has but let's not pretend they're all as good as Eberle. Only Mantha has a chance at being as good, or better, than him. Detroit gets the best player in that deal. Period.

Last edited:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I think we tend to gush about Tatar and Nyquist a little too much. Yes, they are good players but they won't ever be on Eberle's level, he's already proven he's essentially a PPG player for years now and he's the same age as Tatar. Nyquist, Tatar, Mantha, Jurco, Pulkkinen can't say that. And he's right-handed.

I get that we all like the prospects Detroit has but let's not pretend they're all as good as Eberle. Only Mantha has a chance at being as good, or better, than him. Detroit gets the best player in that deal. Period.

I think no matter what age you come into the NHL, you need an adjustment period. I think that even though they're the same age, our "prospects" will only get better for a couple more years as they learn the NHL's speed and style and continue to get better.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
I think no matter what age you come into the NHL, you need an adjustment period. I think that even though they're the same age, our "prospects" will only get better for a couple more years as they learn the NHL's speed and style and continue to get better.
Very true. But I still think Mantha is the only one that has a shot at being as good as Eberle. Two weeks ago people were complaining about Nyquist like it was there job, justified or not. Eberle has been "realgud" since his first NHL shift. It's all kind of moot because the only forward you have to give up is Jurco to get Eberle. Nyquist stays. Tatar stays. Mantha stays.

EDM fan agreed to this:

To DET:
Eberle
2nd or 3rd

To EDM
Mrazek
Sproul
Jurco

Given how good the Red Wings are at drafting, that's a fair deal. This would never happen IRL but I would seriously consider doing this and would probably end up doing it. Mrazek may turn into the top 10 goalie we think he can be. If Sproul's defensive game improves he may end up being a #2. Jurco may turn into a 70+ point player. We know what Eberle is. He's the best player in that deal.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I targeted McBain for Kindl not long ago, I like that deal.

We could even build a package where we are throwing Andersson in and finding a way to get Luke Adam back who could use a change of scenery.

I could live with the McBain trade. I wish, however, that he hit a bit more and was better defensively. He and Kindl are very similar players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino