Playoff Ticket Thread

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Of course, if you're with someone that has a device. If you're solo, then you are relying on the kindness of strangers (True North). Surely, at some point someone has shown up at a game and realized they've forgotten their tickets or something. Is their response, sucks to be you, go home, come back when you have tickets? Or do they offer a service where you could access your account from there?
Perhaps the box office.

WeAreWinnipeg

Apr 10, 2018
Global News is now reporting Round 1 is completely sold out.
This ticket is showing to me for game one...... maybe close to sold out? Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 11.05.49 AM.png

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I tried right at 10 and there was nothing immediately.

I'm curious, how did people get in on the pre-sale yesterday?
I had the atomic clock up in one browser tab and my presale email up in another tab.

When the atomic clock read 9:59:59 I switched to the email and centre-clicked each of its 4 BUY NOW buttons (my centre mouse button is programmed to "open link in new tab").

I then sequentially went through each of the 4 tabs and set QTY to 2, left Standard Ticket and Best Available as is, and clicked the Find Tickets button.

I got a pair on each tab (i.e. game); 2 were in the 100s and 1 each in the 200s and 300s.

Note that I released them immediately since I was just curious about availability so I can't confirm if I would've been able to complete any of the 4 transactions.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
And I've heard that 'singles only' counts as a sellout. Who knows...

m.

In the concert businesses it’s been 97% or more.

It doesn’t really matter. The building will be full. They will probably still put some game sayvtickets on sale tomorrow

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Given my belief that electronic devices somehow know the worst possible time to fail...

With mobile entry only, what do you do if you get to the arena and discover your phone has died?

Go to the ticket window. They will print you a ticket. My share partner has shown up without his share partner card and no mobile phone and they just looked into his Jets account saw the ticket and printed him one.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So is Stubhub a legal reseller in Manitoba? $1020.00 tickets for section 206? $997.00 for section 111View attachment 112325 ?

Manitoba has no jurisdiction over Stibhub. The company is based in the US in a state with very friendly ticket resale laws. There is nothing the province can do about it.

There are ticket brokers in Vancouver that have storefronts. You can walk in and buy. Manitoba is an outlier in this area

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Manitoba has no jurisdiction over Stibhub. The company is based in the US in a state with very friendly ticket resale laws. There is nothing the province can do about it
And StubHub covers their bums by putting the onus on the seller to know their local laws regarding scalping. At least they did when I sold some Vikings tickets a few years back...

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Interesting.

Right; however I do recall somebody stating that 100% is not needed for the club to announce it either, I was wondering if anybody could confirm this as I do not trust the source.

Jets (Scott Brown) have said 99% sold is announced as a sell out. So there could be over 100 unsold seats. There are routinely seats that have not been sold in the upper deck for regular season games over the past few season.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Hi Allan,
I apologise for the confusing email. Any tickets in a Winnipeg Jets Account Manager account will all have the same 24 hour printing time frame. Tickets which originated from a Season Seat Holder (either in your account or tickets which you have digitally forwarded to another account) can be printed, any tickets purchased from Ticketmaster directly cannot be printed at all.

JAPPLER

Oct 3, 2011
Interested to see how others in season ticket groups are handling a situation like this...

4 couples. 2 seats. 2 couples got to go to games last time the boys made the playoffs so naturally the remaining 2 groups get to go to the first 2 games. But what do we do after? Re-draw a new order? Or continue on with the existing rotation?

BD89

Apr 9, 2018
Interested to see how others in season ticket groups are handling a situation like this...

4 couples. 2 seats. 2 couples got to go to games last time the boys made the playoffs so naturally the remaining 2 groups get to go to the first 2 games. But what do we do after? Re-draw a new order? Or continue on with the existing rotation?

We’re keeping our rotation, but I would prefer a redraw. I was outvoted.

This is our first time with this group for playoffs though, so we all (hopefully) will make it to more than 1 game. We’ve got 4 couples, and the first name drawn gets game 1, 2nd gets game 2, etc., and we repeat once all 4 couples have been.

JAPPLER

Oct 3, 2011
We’re keeping our rotation, but I would prefer a redraw. I was outvoted.

This is our first time with this group for playoffs though, so we all (hopefully) will make it to more than 1 game. We’ve got 4 couples, and the first name drawn gets game 1, 2nd gets game 2, etc., and we repeat once all 4 couples have been.

I'm in the 'keep the rotation' camp. Can I ask your arguments for redrawing? We haven't made a decision yet and I want it to be fair to all parties...

As it stands now I'd get Game 7/Rd2 Game 3... so redrawing could benefit me potentially (get game 5) but I still lean towards keeping the rotation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad