Playoff Ticket Thread

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Yeah I was quite surprised anyone here got tickets. I thought for sure with the small amount only bots would get all the tickets. But quite a few people here got tickets and people I know as well.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Thanks for the replies about printing.

Glad for any locals that got seats.

Winnipeg Jets playoff tickets go on sale to the general public Tuesday, and as of 5:20 p.m. there were about 500 tickets, per home game in round one, left.

The Jets said about 1,200 individual tickets were available for home games, after season ticket holders, with only 500 left after folks on their mailing list got first dibs Monday

Last edited:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Given my belief that electronic devices somehow know the worst possible time to fail...

With mobile entry only, what do you do if you get to the arena and discover your phone has died?

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
No hits at all. Nada. Singles or doubles. There was waaay more available in the pre-sale yesterday. In retrospect it doesn’t sting as much now having paid the $88 admin fees on seat exchange for my pair and didn’t bank on getting all tickets through the general sale. Sometimes TM holds off posting all seats so would suggest to folks to keep hitting the website throughout the day.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Given my belief that electronic devices somehow know the worst possible time to fail...

With mobile entry only, what do you do if you get to the arena and discover your phone has died?
What if you were to lose your physical ticket (printed) on your way to the game?

Don't lose your ticket.

Don't let your phone die.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG

Screen capture the tickets and send them to your seat mate so you have a backup.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
What if you were to lose your physical ticket (printed) on your way to the game?

Don't lose your ticket.

Don't let your phone die.

What if you grabbed your physical game 2 ticket instead of game 1?
:surrender

Reactions: Spock

Polar Vortex

Jul 4, 2012
I tried right at 10 and there was nothing immediately.

I'm curious, how did people get in on the pre-sale yesterday?

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Clearly nobody on here believes worst case scenarios can happen to them.
There is always the chance that something can go wrong with entry to an arena no matter the ticket format.
Being able to log into an account on another device is an advance in technology that gives you an easy fix.

MotionlessGravity

Apr 15, 2014
Winnipeg
Well I actually had a pair for tomorrows game from the presale link 20 minutes ago but I let it expire because of the price and now I am regretting the decision. . .

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Spock doesn't have to worry about worse case scenarios of phones and local wi-fi technology failing because he knows his Federation Tricorder is superior tech

Reactions: Spock

WeAreWinnipeg

Apr 10, 2018
First post but lurk around a bit here and there, made an account to hopefully share some useful info for others.

I tried for tickets yesterday April 9th with the pre sale at 10 am through the email link. I was excited and found some tickets but never managed to actually grab any. I was refreshing a lot in desperation looking for about an hour. Eventually I received an error message when I actually did find some and clicked on the seats to buy. Ticketmaster gave me the following message in attached image. Turns out I was a little too excited, and ticketmaster thought i was a "bot" or whatever.

Today, I tried again (less than 24 hours later) and same thing happened, blocked. I had done a little research and reading and then I phoned ticketmaster guy. Super friendly guy but he said that was exactly what happened. I told him I appreciated they were employing the measures to "fight back" just unfortunate that actual fans were also blocked. He explained that I would have to wait a complete 24 hours without going to the site, to then be able to access the site again. There was no way for him to unblock it. So there you have it. Or use another device, phone etc from a different ip address.

As far as being sold out, I am still seeing singles here and there through my presale email link that I received yesterday morning.

I did manage to see a whack of tickets to the home opener tomorrow, this morning right at 10am, I must have seen about 100 tickets or so would be my best guesstimate, on the ends near the top I saw about ten or so all together in rows, then pairs and quads in all different areas.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 10.48.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 10.48.50 AM.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 10

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
There is always the chance that something can go wrong with entry to an arena no matter the ticket format.
Being able to log into an account on another device is an advance in technology that gives you an easy fix.

Of course, if you're with someone that has a device. If you're solo, then you are relying on the kindness of strangers (True North). Surely, at some point someone has shown up at a game and realized they've forgotten their tickets or something. Is their response, sucks to be you, go home, come back when you have tickets? Or do they offer a service where you could access your account from there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad