Playoff Ticket Thread

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
466_D1885-9606-41_EC-_BC88-_EB99_A4_E9_C79_E.jpg
This is not meant as a place to exchange tickets. It is intended to collect playoff ticket info in one place as the playoffs go along (hopefully a long time)

———————————————-

- this is a similar time frame that occurred in 2015. Of course we clinched much earlier this time. Perhaps they need to know how much demand there will be from the opposing team before releasing tickets

- in 2015 they only sold the first 2 games at the same time. They will likely do the same and only sell later games once they are assured

- in 2015 they also had a “presale” for waitlist and share partners. The “presale” actually happened after the public sale though. I managed to get a pair in the public sale for game 3 (P7) and then a pair (P2) in the “presale” the next day.

- I don’t recall if there was much action on the seat exchange section. Perhaps someone can post if they know what inventory was like.

- for people who want to travel some teams like the Predators restrict public sale tickets to people with instate credit card billing addresses. (blame Hawks fans) This was not an issue in Anaheim though so your mileage may vary

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Hope their servers are ready for the rush.

I know I'll be sure to try and get a pair.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Indeed...

They're not charging season ticket holders for Round 1 games until the conclusion of the first round? I guess that's an alternative to the Jets' system of paying for 4 home games at the beginning of each round.

This article says STHs can buy their own seats plus up to 2 more seats per game.
How to get Golden Knights playoff tickets

And you can take a discount on the tickets (if you plan to use them) or pay more but retain the ability to sell them on StubHub (apparently VGK uses StubHub as their resale partner the way the Jets use Seat Exchange). Damn (from that LVSun article): "If people want to sell some or all of their playoff tickets, they can opt out of the Knights Vow program, but will pay 80 percent more for their tickets."

Also of note: "As for single-game tickets, standing room only will start at $100, and the most expensive seats — center ice club seats — will cost $395."

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Ill be trying to get a pair of tickets to game 1 for sure

Curious what the cost will be though. Is it really determined by the opponent?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Ill be trying to get a pair of tickets to game 1 for sure

Curious what the cost will be though. Is it really determined by the opponent?

I don’t believe it works like the regular season... ie game class of A , B , C. The playoff cost is independent of who they play IIRC.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Regarding prices for public sales, here are some estimates using the example of P4 seats in Round 1:

P4 Regular season-ticket price @ cost price: $92.65
P4 Regular season Game category "A+" @ face-value price: $157.50
= ~70%+ increase

2018 Playoff confirmation pricing for P4 season-ticket holder @cost: $134.93
Using above increase of 70% (would assume this % at-minimum) for P4 ticket face-value = ~$230

Using same calculation for P7 'cheapest seat in the house' face-value = $113

Only estimates, and not including any additional fees.

For "fun" - using those estimates, a Stanley Cup final ticket, in P1 at face-value could be $750 and upwards.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
IMG_0770.jpg

IIRC in 2015 the public sale prices for RD 1 playoffs were 150% of A level (there was no A+) if they use A+

Loge - 363.75
P1 - 386.25
P2 - 341.25
P3 - 281.25
P4 - 236.25
P5 - 191.25
P6 - 161.25
P7 - 116.25

Does not include TM fees

Remember the Oilers sold "concourse access" tickets with no view of the game last year? Can you imagine how crowded it would be if TNSE tried that ;)

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
IIRC in 2015 the public sale prices for RD 1 playoffs were 150% of A level (there was no A+) if they use A+

Loge - 363.75
P1 - 386.25
P2 - 341.25
P3 - 281.25
P4 - 236.25
P5 - 191.25
P6 - 161.25
P7 - 116.25

Does not include TM fees

Remember the Oilers sold "concourse access" tickets with no view of the game last year? Can you imagine how crowded it would be if TNSE tried that ;)
$50 to hang from the rafters like a bat!

Reactions: Jets 31

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Indeed...

They're not charging season ticket holders for Round 1 games until the conclusion of the first round? I guess that's an alternative to the Jets' system of paying for 4 home games at the beginning of each round.

This article says STHs can buy their own seats plus up to 2 more seats per game.
How to get Golden Knights playoff tickets

And you can take a discount on the tickets (if you plan to use them) or pay more but retain the ability to sell them on StubHub (apparently VGK uses StubHub as their resale partner the way the Jets use Seat Exchange). Damn (from that LVSun article): "If people want to sell some or all of their playoff tickets, they can opt out of the Knights Vow program, but will pay 80 percent more for their tickets."

Also of note: "As for single-game tickets, standing room only will start at $100, and the most expensive seats — center ice club seats — will cost $395."

Jets season ticket holders get to pay up well before the beginning of round 1. Payment for round 1 is April 2 with Games still left to play In the regular season. Of course season ticket payments for next season start April 15. Perhaps the Jets didn’t want to have their STHs make 2 payments in a week.

It will be interesting to see how Vegas’s model works out.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
I get $772.50 plus fees (using 3 x A+)

In any case, that's a good problem we'll have to discuss in June!!!
You'd figure they'd even be higher for a Cup final. Couldn't imagine the re-sale market.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
If a California team comes out of the West and we survive to the conference final I may consider travelling down the coast

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets season ticket holders get to pay up well before the beginning of round 1. Payment for round 1 is April 2 with Games still left to play In the regular season. Of course season ticket payments for next season start April 15. Perhaps the Jets didn’t want to have their STHs make 2 payments in a week.

It will be interesting to see how Vegas’s model works out.
Apparently there are a number of teams doing the pay-after-the-round method...

If you look at the responses to that Tweet, the Caps, Devils, Rangers, Dallas, Tampa, Sabres (in theory I guess?) have started doing it over the last few seasons.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Apparently there are a number of teams doing the pay-after-the-round method...

If you look at the responses to that Tweet, the Caps, Devils, Rangers, Dallas, Tampa, Sabres (in theory I guess?) have started doing it over the last few seasons.

Hey but Vegas "guys" who can come around to "collect" ;)

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
IMG_0770.jpg

Loge - 363.75
P1 - 386.25
P2 - 341.25
P3 - 281.25
P4 - 236.25
P5 - 191.25
P6 - 161.25
P7 - 116.25

Does not include TM fees

BMTSP probably has the smallest concourse in the whole league. They would have to pack City Place in order to make the work. The Forks would be an even better destination.

Reactions: Jets 31

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
In any case, that's a good problem we'll have to discuss in June!!!
You'd figure they'd even be higher for a Cup final. Couldn't imagine the re-sale market.

The re-sale market is restricted to the face value of the ticket, because the Jets play in Manitoba, and that's the law. Not saying it's right, just saying what it is.

I'm curious to see how many season ticket holders are willing to lose their seats ( and maybe get arrested ) in an attempt to "win big" in the playoffs.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
The re-sale market is restricted to the face value of the ticket, because the Jets play in Manitoba, and that's the law. Not saying it's right, just saying what it is.

I'm curious to see how many season ticket holders are willing to lose their seats ( and maybe get arrested ) in an attempt to "win big" in the playoffs.

Tickets will be exchanged at Stubhub and the like. In Vancouver there are ticket brokers with storefronts close to Rogers Arena and BCPlace. I could probably walk in there and score tickets to games in Winnipeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad