Playoff Ticket Thread

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Still some singles using the presale links. Saw 1 ticket for game 5 and these for game 7

IMG_0880.jpg

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Interested to see how others in season ticket groups are handling a situation like this...

4 couples. 2 seats. 2 couples got to go to games last time the boys made the playoffs so naturally the remaining 2 groups get to go to the first 2 games. But what do we do after? Re-draw a new order? Or continue on with the existing rotation?

We continue with our rotation in perpetuity. Pick up where it leaves off when the Jets make the playoffs. There is a thread where this was discussed quite a bit with what different ticket groups do.

BD89

Apr 9, 2018
I'm in the 'keep the rotation' camp. Can I ask your arguments for redrawing? We haven't made a decision yet and I want it to be fair to all parties...

As it stands now I'd get Game 7/Rd2 Game 3... so redrawing could benefit me potentially (get game 5) but I still lean towards keeping the rotation.

Our group is one that fluctuates almost every season, so it’s our only playoffs together. I think keeping the same rotation would be easier if we were a consistent group. Since we aren’t, I feel like redrawing after 4 games keeps things a little more equal.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Our group is one that fluctuates almost every season, so it’s our only playoffs together. I think keeping the same rotation would be easier if we were a consistent group. Since we aren’t, I feel like redrawing after 4 games keeps things a little more equal.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada

You will then be dealing when experimental probability each time you draw and things will likely not equal the theoretical probability of fairness.

I am in a second STH group as people drop out they are replaced by new members who assume the dropouts previous place in the playoff ticket order and regular season draft ensuring that the original members of the group don't fall victim to unfortunate redraws. If a new member gets pick #1 in the season after assuming someones spot or game #1 of the playoffs we really don't care as we are guaranteed our 1/4 or 1/8 ticket shares regardless of who leaves or joins our group. Don't care if the newby 1st playoff game or the guy that had been in the group for 5 years and dropped out it wasn't our turn to go anyway and doesn't matter if it is Joe or Jane up next the rotation is fair.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

I think I have a great setup.... I pick the games I want, the share partners get what is left. This is the deal due to a work schedule that has my partner out of town for 8 day stretches and in town for 6 days...at times. They knew this was the deal going in, but they are happy because they get to pay what I pay for seats. I don't make a dime off this setup.

pdrec

Jun 30, 2011
I think I have a great setup.... I pick the games I want, the share partners get what is left. This is the deal due to a work schedule that has my partner out of town for 8 day stretches and in town for 6 days...at times. They knew this was the deal going in, but they are happy because they get to pay what I pay for seats. I don't make a dime off this setup.

Well if they are your season tickets, it's your rules.

I own my seats, but all the boys in the group did sign a very fair contract for ticket sharing, drafts, etc (all equal) and we are low drama so it works out. Same group since day one and will continue to be for years to come which is nice.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada

That's a great deal for you. Hopefully you can keep it going long term with the abundance tickets on the market for the regular season at STH cost and your buddies don't bail. Getting in for the playoffs can help keep friends in groups.

In my main group we draft the games and people can do what they want with them if they are away on business or busy. Guys in our group can draft A+ games knowing they will be on vacation or away on business and sell for face value on seat exchange if they desire.

Well if they are your season tickets, it's your rules.

I own my seats, but all the boys in the group did sign a very fair contract for ticket sharing, drafts, etc (all equal) and we are low drama so it works out. Same group since day one and will continue to be for years to come which is nice.

My main group operates like this. No contract but pretty sure I can trust my Dad and our other member. Our rules are simple, pay your money by April 15, playoff tickets before each game.

Good luck to everyone looking to get some last minute tickets tomorrow.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Interested to see how others in season ticket groups are handling a situation like this...

4 couples. 2 seats. 2 couples got to go to games last time the boys made the playoffs so naturally the remaining 2 groups get to go to the first 2 games. But what do we do after? Re-draw a new order? Or continue on with the existing rotation?

We’re keeping our rotation, but I would prefer a redraw. I was outvoted.

This is our first time with this group for playoffs though, so we all (hopefully) will make it to more than 1 game. We’ve got 4 couples, and the first name drawn gets game 1, 2nd gets game 2, etc., and we repeat once all 4 couples have been.
The issue with re-drawing every 4 games is the possibility of the same people losing the draw, whether it be choice (preference) or possibly games this year, consecutively; however you could make a rule to fix that.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
It means a scalper got stuck with his seats. I've bought stubhub ticket for concerts in the last hour before beginning and you can litterally see the prices fall with each refresh.

If any seats haven't been scanned in by the end of the first period, someone from TNSE should print out those tickets and hand them out to random fans at the street party. :nod: Yeah, I know there are legitimate reasons why people might show up very late but still...

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If any seats haven't been scanned in by the end of the first period, someone from TNSE should print out those tickets and hand them out to random fans at the street party. :nod: Yeah, I know there are legitimate reasons why people might show up very late but still...

The shit storm that could cause with the STH would be massive. If I was very late to the game for some reason, got there and found out TNSE gave my seats to some random partier from outside, I'd be f***ing livid.

What if my car broke down? Bus was super late? Kid got sick? Etc etc

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The **** storm that could cause with the STH would be massive. If I was very late to the game for some reason, got there and found out TNSE gave my seats to some random partier from outside, I'd be ****ing livid.

What if my car broke down? Bus was super late? Kid got sick? Etc etc

I learned long ago not to take him seriouslyz. Usually he is intentionally unserious

MotionlessGravity

Apr 15, 2014
Winnipeg
Just got a pair in 327 for tonight's game off ticketmaster! happened to check before the 2pm release and there was a couple lodge and a pair in the the upper deck!

Edit:
Was just a flurry at 2pm, was probably 50-60 tickets, lots of pairs of 3 or 4 together that the Wild must not have been using. Seems to be gone now.

Last edited:

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
I am trying to follow the atmosphere in Winnipeg via internet and I am pretty sure that I have to book flights for Playoffs 2019.

I am more worried about the tickets than the fact that Jets have not made it yet to 2019 playoffs, because they will. Is it possible to get tickets for Friday game for example 500-700 $ range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad