GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 18 - on borrowed time?

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I honestly do NOT understand VAR.
Why Robbo was a red card but not Kane. I can't believe it. Now the commentors are praising the Premier League :laugh:

Now I expect Robo to missed a couple games too. Such a f***ing clown league that is.

Swedish studio is going HARD at the referees, specially Kavanagh

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The ref was poor but he wasn’t why Liverpool didn’t win. Their goalkeeper was poor, though I think some of that was defensive as well. The midfield was also completely pedestrian. Morton for a kid did ok, but they’re short 3 starters there, and it was completely disorganized. Keita gave the ball away for fun at times. Hell, in the first half, Morton was the best of the mediocre three.

If Fabinho or Henderson is available, I think the scoreline is not flattering for Spurs.
Ref is a big part of it. Also the fact that Tottenham had more legs because they haven’t played in two weeks. This was a schedule point drop more than anything else

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
The officiating has completely ruined this game.

It was an amazing game, regardless of the wildly fluctuating performance from the ref and VAR.

But VAR has been a joke this season, literally every decision you have no idea what they're going to give. Last season, they were very nit-picky and you pretty much knew they were going to give every little thing. But at least you knew where you stood.
This year, they've let blatant pens and red cards go, and allowed far more contentious decisions to stand.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Klopp is 100% correct. Teams might be able to push through the Covid issues, but not with the compacted schedule. Ok, sure, some teams can find 11-12 guys to play. But then to have to play Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday. Crazy pants

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It was an amazing game, regardless of the wildly fluctuating performance from the ref and VAR.

But VAR has been a joke this season, literally every decision you have no idea what they're going to give. Last season, they were very nit-picky and you pretty much knew they were going to give every little thing. But at least you knew where you stood.
This year, they've let blatant pens and red cards go, and allowed far more contentious decisions to stand.
Yeah I mean I don’t expect everything to be perfect, but I expect it to be consistent. Today there was nothing consistent.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The officiating has completely ruined this game. On both sides, neither of them should be happy. Liverpool should be more unhappy but it’s a horrible performance. Ref should be in the championship next weekend
Liverpool hasn't had a red card in like forever, you should consider your lot lucky and not complain about it...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool hasn't had a red card in like forever, you should consider your lot lucky and not complain about it...
would not have a problem with the red card on Robertson if Kane got a red card earlier. Both were or neither were.
Just because LFC were due for a red card doesn’t make it the right (or wrong) call

Reactions: gary69

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Klopp’s comments to Tierney are still a huge whine, though. I'm sure he won't spend much time opining on the injustice of Salah's handball. And I guarantee if it was any other referee he'd be saying the same thing - the only you thing about Tierney is a joke.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Klopp’s comments to Tierney are still a huge whine, though. I'm sure he won't spend much time opining on the injustice of Salah's handball. And I guarantee if it was any other referee he'd be saying the same thing - the only you thing about Tierney is a joke.

Whine or not, Tierney had an indefensibly bad game today.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
You mean the rule that was changed this year that made it so this goal stands?

Reactions: luiginb

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Should’ve been a penalty on the Alli/Trent situation, glad it wasn’t due to the missed penalty call in first. The goal shouldn’t have counted because of the handball tho.
Handball before scoring

The second change is on accidental handball in the immediate build-up to a goal.

If an attacking player’s accidental handball immediately precedes another player scoring, the goal will now be awarded, when last season it was likely to have been ruled out.

However, a player will still be penalised if he commits an accidental handball immediately before scoring himself.

So, the goal scored by Callum Wilson at Liverpool last season that was overturned because the ball struck the Newcastle United striker's arm would still not stand.

Please note that a player still cannot score a goal with their arm, even if it is accidental.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
No one is complaining about the red card. We are unhappy about the inconsistencies of VAR
Mate, we just had a player like two weeks ago get stamped on with a blokes studs go through VAR and not be given as a red card. Liverpool is like 19th or 20th in line when it comes to complaining about refs...

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Yeah, they correctly awarded the goal based on the handball rule change.

Alisson played really well but he's gotta stop with this sweeper keeper nonsense. He's like bored or something and can't stay put in the net so he's doing all kinds of craziness and creating unnecessary risk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad