GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 18 - on borrowed time?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Saturday 18 December

Man Utd x Brighton - postponed
Aston Villa x Burnley - postponed
Southampton x Brentford - postponed
Watford x Crystal Palace - postponed
West Ham x Norwich - postponed

Leeds x Arsenal

Sunday 19 December

Everton x Leicester - postponed
Wolverhampton x Chelsea
Newcastle x Man City
Tottenham x Liverpool

Carabao Cup QF currently scheduled for midweek

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The trouble is, stopping the season doesn't really work. If you took off, say, 2 weeks, what are you making the players do? Go to lockdown?

That’d be the only thing that really makes sense. Have the players bubble a bit, come back to games, and then, when the wave dies down, go back to how it was.

Based on the SA wave, Omicron looks like it may burst hard and peak quickly. If that’s true, the UK may be on the other side of the wave by early Jan.

Reactions: Jussi

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think rather than postpone everything two weeks, it makes sense to keep postponing teams as and when necessary. What’s the practical difference?

Reactions: gary69

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Any option other than:

1)No postponements
2)All postponements

....will screw over some teams. But it is what it is. It's not going to be good.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
According to Klopp, LFC is over 99% double vaccinated.
This shit never makes sense to me. Because to be over 99% vaccinated, you have to have over 990 players. Unless you're counting stewards, etc, this number is basically impossible. And if you're counting all of those types of people, then the number becomes meaningless because the real question is the number of first team players and staff that are double vaxxed.

Unless of course you're 100% vaccinated but then why wouldn't you just say 100% vaccinated

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This shit never makes sense to me. Because to be over 99% vaccinated, you have to have over 990 players. Unless you're counting stewards, etc, this number is basically impossible. And if you're counting all of those types of people, then the number becomes meaningless because the real question is the number of first team players and staff that are double vaxxed.

Unless of course you're 100% vaccinated but then why wouldn't you just say 100% vaccinated
Honestly I think you just focus on the positive. Compare what Klopp is saying, and what Mo Salah is saying and how they are being very vaccine supportive compared to what other like David Moyes have said. Klopp’s point is the overwhelming majority of the team has doubled up, at least the players and staff who are at the training ground and in contact with the first team squad.

I don’t have a problem with not saying 100% because with the way the UK media works they will try to find someone who isn’t, or is waiting in between appointments or something to discredit the positives, (being that LFC compared to the numbers associated with the league is resounding above average) as a whole. Not saying 100% protects against (for example) like a club chef that isn’t fully vaccinated.

Reactions: bluesfan94

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Honestly I think you just focus on the positive. Compare what Klopp is saying, and what Mo Salah is saying and how they are being very vaccine supportive compared to what other like David Moyes have said. Klopp’s point is the overwhelming majority of the team has doubled up, at least the players and staff who are at the training ground and in contact with the first team squad.

I don’t have a problem with not saying 100% because with the way the UK media works they will try to find someone who isn’t, or is waiting in between appointments or something to discredit the positives, (being that LFC compared to the numbers associated with the league is resounding above average) as a whole.
Yeah, I should be clear. I'm obviously glad that Liverpool seems to be mostly double vaxxed. That's fantastic news and I hope every club is like that. I was just expressing my frustration with peoples' understanding of statistics.

I apologize for having that come off as negative toward Liverpool/Klopp; he is hardly unique in this

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

I don’t have a problem with not saying 100% because with the way the UK media works they will try to find someone who isn’t, or is waiting in between appointments or something to discredit the positives, (being that LFC compared to the numbers associated with the league is resounding above average) as a whole.
The point Moyes was making was you're not going to be able to browbeat people into getting vaccinated. He managed to do that in a stupid/cringe/tone deaf way, but you're making it sound like Moyes *isn't* vaccine supportive. At this point, the information is out there. Anyone that doesn't get vaccinated is just being willfully ignorant, but I have no idea how to combat that at this stage.

If Liverpool isn't 100% vaccinated, which sounds like it isn't, Klopp doesn't sound like he's putting much pressure on that player either.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The point Moyes was making was you're not going to be able to browbeat people into getting vaccinated. He managed to do that in a stupid and tone deaf way, but you're making it sound like Moyes *isn't* vaccine supportive. At this point, the information is out there. Anyone that doesn't get vaccinated is just being willfully ignorant, but I have no idea how to combat that at this stage.

If Liverpool isn't 100% vaccinated, which sounds like it isn't, Klopp doesn't sound like he's putting much pressure on that player either.
I don’t know if Moyes is vaccinate supportive or not. I agree he was stupid and tone deaf. My point is simply to compare the dialogue between the two. It’s a completely different tone.

I don’t know if Klopp is putting pressure on players but it’s a strong locker room (not to say others teams aren’t) and especially after Klopp’s mom died it’s been very pro-vaccine over there and it’s seems to have created a lot of unity in terms of getting the vaccine

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00