GWT: PL Matchweek “25”

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What ever floats your boat but spurs aren’t what you’re making them out to be.

lol sanchez and davies absolute muppets any time on the ball or needing to defend they’re a joke
What am I making them out to be? They should be the 4th best team in the country. That isn’t even controversial. “No one else is good” is not a reason. With how they have used their resources, there is no excuse.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What am I making them out to be? They should be the 4th best team in the country. That isn’t even controversial
Ok well breakdown their squad and then the teams vying for top 4... if you see a major difference you might be looking at the wrong squads.

I and others seemingly agree there isn't a big gulf in talent if at all. Case closed

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ok well breakdown their squad and then the teams vying for top 4... if you see a major difference you might be looking at the wrong squads.

I and others seemingly agree there isn't a big gulf in talent if at all. Case closed
Here is the thing about the PL though. A lot of it comes down to the manager. Having Conte on its own should be more than enough of an edge. Kane and Son are the two best forwards. Those are your goals. Lloris isn’t as good as he used to be but he is still good enough. Romero on talent is the best defender in that group, and they were the only team to add in January. With how they’ve used their resources they are going for 4th and were best placed to make that kind of a run. If I am missing something please let me know. The midfield isn’t great but it’s no worse than what United or Arsenal have. But this comes down to Conte. It’s an upset because Spuds have the talent and got the reinforcements they needed. If they don’t get 4th it’s an indictment.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Here is the thing about the PL though. A lot of it comes down to the manager. Having Conte on its own should be more than enough of an edge. Kane and Son are the two best forwards. Those are your goals. Lloris isn’t as good as he used to be but he is still good enough. Romero on talent is the best defender in that group, and they were the only team to add in January. With how they’ve used their resources they are going for 4th and were best placed to make that kind of a run. If I am missing something please let me know. The midfield isn’t great but it’s no worse than what United or Arsenal have. But this comes down to Conte. It’s an upset because Spuds have the talent and got the reinforcements they needed. If they don’t get 4th it’s an indictment.
Yeah and with Klopp LFc should win the league if not it would be the biggest upset of all time.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah and with Klopp LFc should win the league if not it would be the biggest upset of all time.
Predictable comment and completely missing the point. I mean Klopp has to deal with Pep and Man City. The other 4th place contenders have to deal with Conte. There’s a difference. You are the biggest Pep fan on here, no need to be humble now. The fact that Klopp has been able to be competitive with Man City speaks for itself.

The fact is you do not get Conte, especially on an 18 month deal, to consolidate.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I'll say this, the Spurs supporters here overrated the shit out of their first performances post-Conte. They played mediocre sides, had a bunch of opposition red cards, and eked out results.

They still might get 4th, none of the contenders look great right now.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Predictable comment and completely missing the point. I mean Klopp has to deal with Pep and Man City. The other 4th place contenders have to deal with Conte. There’s a difference. You are the biggest Pep fan on here, no need to be humble now. The fact that Klopp has been able to be competitive with Man City speaks for itself.

The fact is you do not get Conte, especially on an 18 month deal, to consolidate.
And the fact that you never miss an opportunity to down play Pep while at the same time calling Klopp the GOAT manager speaks for it self. I have no horse in this game. Not even a fan of Conte's style but its quite clear Spurs, United, Arsenal and West Ham maybe another team are all close to one another and I can see anyone taking the last spot. There isn't a favourite and this isn't even remotely controversial.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And the fact that you never miss an opportunity to down play Pep while at the same time calling Klopp the GOAT manager speaks for it self. I have no horse in this game. Not even a fan of Conte's style but its quite clear Spurs, United, Arsenal and West Ham maybe another team are all close to one another and I can see anyone taking the last spot. There isn't a favourite and this isn't even remotely controversial.
I don’t think I am downplaying Pep at all. I’ve said stuff like if Klopp was at Man City and Pep was at Liverpool, then not much changes at City and Liverpool is probably worse. Klopp can do what also has done, but we haven’t seen Pep do what Klopp has done. I stand by that. Don’t think that’s downplaying though. At worse Pep has been a top 2/top 3 manager over the the last decade. I’ve definitely said that he is Fraudiola because of his delusional statements in press conferences, not because of his managerial ability. I think I’ve used that exact sentence before. This isn’t downplaying him. Pep and Klopp are the two best and it’s a shame they are in the same league and competing for the same trophies.

Spuds are favorites because of Conte and because of their resources. They hired Conte and spent in January to give themselves an edge for 4th. Do you have any issues with the preceding sentence? That is why it is an indictment on them if they do not get fourth.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Was the animal abuser actually injured during the warmup or was that something behind the scenes? I imagine it was an actual injury since they had every intention of starting the animal abuser, right?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I just wouldn't not add them into an argument.
I’m glad to. It just shows that they aren’t trying to consolidate. They invested in their team to push for 4th. They wanted Luis Diaz but he didn’t want them and they kept going. For example, Vlahovic didn’t want to go to Arsenal, but then Arsenal gave up and signed two guys from MLS. That was their window. West Ham got told no for Raphinha and that was it for them. Etc.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I’m glad to. It just shows that they aren’t trying to consolidate. They invested in their team to push for 4th. They wanted Luis Diaz but he didn’t want them and they kept going. For example, Vlahovic didn’t want to go to Arsenal, but then Arsenal gave up and signed two guys from MLS. That was their window. West Ham got told no for Raphinha and that was it for them. Etc.

Yikes! You shouldn't gloat about buying a 1980 Toyota Tercel and 2014 Honda Civic after not being able to buy anything class above a BMW

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I don’t think I am downplaying Pep at all. I’ve said stuff like if Klopp was at Man City and Pep was at Liverpool, then not much changes at City and Liverpool is probably worse. Klopp can do what also has done, but we haven’t seen Pep do what Klopp has done. I stand by that. Don’t think that’s downplaying though. At worse Pep has been a top 2/top 3 manager over the the last decade. I’ve definitely said that he is Fraudiola because of his delusional statements in press conferences, not because of his managerial ability. I think I’ve used that exact sentence before. This isn’t downplaying him. Pep and Klopp are the two best and it’s a shame they are in the same league and competing for the same trophies.

Spuds are favorites because of Conte and because of their resources. They hired Conte and spent in January to give themselves an edge for 4th. Do you have any issues with the preceding sentence? That is why it is an indictment on them if they do not get fourth.

Pep has never managed a club that wasn't able or willing to basically buy every player he wanted, and wasn't heads and shoulders financially above most other teams in their league. Of course, many managers still don't do nearly as well as Guardiola when given those resources (as we have seen at some of his past stations), but that will forever be the one asterisk next to Pep's name. Klopp of course put Mainz on the map, but even the much maligned Mourinho had to first do a job at little Uniao de Leiria before getting a shot at Porto.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Yeah and Mr. wind never says anything stupid. But that's neither here nor there. You're hate for Pep is well documented. Im just making the same stupid analogy you did with Conte. Superior manager and boom automatic top 4. How long did Klopp need to cement his place at LFC. Giving Conte 7 months to weave his magic otherwise its a travesty seems dumb.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Think the feeling might be mutual.

Yeah but Rodgers right now are pissing away a move to a big club. His reputation has taken a serious hit this season i believe. There were several clubs that probably saw him as a perfect fit but now i’m pretty sure none are interested. At least not bigger clubs than Leicester.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Ha, the Czech Republic

Well, Britain is known as a nation of animal lovers. 45% of families own a cat or a dog.

So a viral clip of blatant animal cruelty, that doesn't come with the media imperative to not jeopardize any court case (as with Mendy & Greenwood), coupled with an object lesson in how not to do crisis management from West Ham leads us to here.

All they had to do was suspend him for 1 game, fine him 2 weeks wages and donate it to animal charities and this would all have gone away.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Hope Schmeichel keeps that energy when West Ham play on after one of theirs gets kicked in the arm and ribs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad