GWT: PL Matchweek “25”

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not at all. I’m still waiting for a tangible reason that any of my points are wrong other than “everyone is bad” which is bologna. If you want to play popularity contest go ahead, but I stand by it. The team with the best manager and the best talent should finish higher than the other teams it is competing with. It’s not rocket science.
And it’s not rocket science to suggest having 3 good players doesn’t make a good team. It’s staring right in your face but seems as if you are blind.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It’s a quick fix because y’all gave him an 18 month deal. How is that not a quick fix? Or at least setting up the expectations of a quick fix? You don’t get Conte on an 18 month deal to consolidate at reload.
They didn’t “give him” this is luckily what he wanted

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
It’s a quick fix because y’all gave him an 18 month deal. How is that not a quick fix? Or at least setting up the expectations of a quick fix? You don’t get Conte on an 18 month deal to consolidate at reload.

And if he ends up being successful next season he will just leave?

Why would Conte basically rule himself out for the United job if he never had any intention at staying at Spurs?

The horrible decision was to think Nuno would be the guy that would build long term.

The Paratici hat trick this summer. Nuno, Emerson and Gil. He can only pray Conte might save him.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

He does tend to do that, he's impatient and he tends to look for new situations to operate in. I think he likes the chaos. The longest he's stayed anywhere is three seasons...so it isn't like it would be weird or out of character if he left.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
He does tend to do that, he's impatient and he tends to look for new situations to operate in. I think he likes the chaos. The longest he's stayed anywhere is three seasons...so it isn't like it would be weird or out of character if he left.

Three is not the same as 1.5 though.

I think he will stay if he does well next year and the club gives him somewhat what he wants.

Unless RM, Barcelona etc come knocking. But then he would have left even on a ten years contract.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Conte is a quick fix? If you are a club like Spurs you hire Conte. Not because he is a quick fix, but because he is by far the best you can get.

Can he “fix” Spurs? Time will tell. Very few managers succeed at every club. But Conte will have a shot as good as any other. And Spurs have been hovering around 60 points for years now. Some months with Conte and this was all going to be amazing? Not denying that the last two have been disappointing, but this was never going to be a linear thing just going up up up and up.

Conte usually doesn't stay on Team for very long. Even shorter when he doesn't get his way. He'll take his hair and home when he doesn't get what he wants.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Gil is doing well in Spain. Drew a pen today. No chance we make a loss if we want to sell.

He looks like a good player, but still very poor way to prioritise when you got so many holes.

Even Nuno didn’t know exactly where he would fit in for him.

Not making my final judgement on Paratici yet, but it doesn’t look good. He did get Conte though. That counts as well of course.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Conte usually doesn't stay on Team for very long. Even shorter when he doesn't get his way. He'll take his hair and home when he doesn't get what he wants.

This “usually” I’m not sure how well that fits over the last years. Yes. He did leave Juventus. Got sacked from Chelsea and I don’t blame him for Inter. If Spurs sell Kane and Son in the summer I wouldn’t blame him for leaving.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Just finished our game and we played poor but Fab should be in team of the season. About sums it up. Ali had a really good game as well.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And it’s not rocket science to suggest having 3 good players doesn’t make a good team. It’s staring right in your face but seems as if you are blind.
Again, you are cherry picking what I said and ignoring the other, just as if not more important factors. Less has carried teams to 4th recently.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Why would Conte basically rule himself out for the United job if he never had any intention at staying at Spurs?

The horrible decision was to think Nuno would be the guy that would build long term.

The Paratici hat trick this summer. Nuno, Emerson and Gil. He can only pray Conte might save him.
He could. He has left on top before. There are other jobs besides the United job that he could take. Conte is 100% there to save the day. And to do it quickly.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Premier League top-four odds: Arsenal back in the mix

At the start of the matchweek, United was the favorite. “Major upset”. Behave.
Behave? Your article literally has a 1% chance difference separating Utd and Spuds. Spuds have better manager and arguably better talent. This is also based on betting odds, so it’s not the best measure as the odds a priced out to generate action. This doesn’t take into account that United is imploding worse at this moment. Off the field as well. Either way we will see. It’s certainly best for my team if United finish 4th. Will see what happens.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
He could. He has left on top before. There are other jobs besides the United job that he could take. Conte is 100% there to save the day. And to do it quickly.

And then what?

Juventus is the only big job he has left on top. If he leaves Spurs after 3-4 years having won everything I can live with that.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Again, you are cherry picking what I said and ignoring the other, just as if not more important factors. Less has carried teams to 4th recently.
I didn’t cherry pick anything what you said is non sense. Spurs don’t remotely have the best squad look at united for example that can field a team with DDG, rashford, sancho, Ronaldo, Cavani,Bruno, Pogba, Varane and an 80 million dollar defender. and having a better coach that didn’t start the season isn’t going to solve everything in 7 months see klopp.

Reactions: luiginb

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Well, Britain is known as a nation of animal lovers. 45% of families own a cat or a dog.

So a viral clip of blatant animal cruelty, that doesn't come with the media imperative to not jeopardize any court case (as with Mendy & Greenwood), coupled with an object lesson in how not to do crisis management from West Ham leads us to here.

All they had to do was suspend him for 1 game, fine him 2 weeks wages and donate it to animal charities and this would all have gone away.

Lol, OK, it's not worth arguing over, but pet ownership rates here are 58%, you're not going to out animal-lover us :)

Reactions: Evilo

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I didn’t cherry pick anything what you said is non sense. Spurs don’t remotely have the best squad look at united for example that can field a team with DDG, rashford, sancho, Ronaldo, Cavani,Bruno, Pogba, Varane and an 80 million dollar defender. and having a better coach that didn’t start the season isn’t going to solve everything in 7 months see klopp.
I said that arguably Tottenham squad is better. If you are going to compare against the names that you provided, it certainly is at the minimum at the same level. I’m not going to argue about this today though. I hope that you had a good weekend.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
It's a bit strange to say United got a better squad. Spurs got one Argentinean. United got zero. Clearly we got the better squad.

I guess what most would agree to is how ridiculously poor both teams are with some half decent players in both squads. For years I argued Spurs were better than their reputation. Now I'm not sure what the overall reputation is, but the squad based on potential wasn't all that bad in September at all. Now it is worse with Ndombele, Lo Celso and Gil gone, but either way the quality of the team is so so average. Clearly true for United as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad