Post-Game Talk: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers - February 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116805

Is AV riding Hank so hard because he honestly thinks we're still in the playoff hunt or because he hates Hank? Tough to tell.
As much as I hate AV and want him gone, this is a lose/lose for him.
Play Henrik: get jumped by fans, sit him or even worse, pull him and get henriks stink eye.

Henrik has been a great goaltender for us and AV has coached a few very good runs for us. I don't think any of them should be here for a rebuild.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
On the subject of Quenneville.

Is he the right guy to go with with a younger roster that might need two/three years to get back in the playoffs? Would he even want to do that?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
As much as I hate AV and want him gone, this is a lose/lose for him.
Play Henrik: get jumped by fans, sit him or even worse, pull him and get henriks stink eye.

Henrik has been a great goaltender for us and AV has coached a few very good runs for us. I don't think any of them should be here for a rebuild.

Henrik is likely to be angry anyway. IMO what Henrik could really use right now is a vacation. Get away from it all. He needs a break.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Rangers’ free fall continues in scoring-filled 7-4 loss to Flyers

Trade as many players as possible by next Monday at 3pm. Finish out the season with some combination of Rangers/Hartford/Greenville players. Kreider will be back sometime in March. No timetable for his return. It could be 2 weeks. It could be a month. Shattenkirk has no timeline for returning. It's been one month since his knee surgery. The next 3-4 weeks will determine when he returns. There are only 7 weeks remaining in the season.

Interesting that Verbeek was here despite McDonagh not being in the lineup.

I will be very surprised if we see Shattenkirk again this year. There is no need, let him heal up and be 100% for his summer training so he can be good to go next year.

member 116805

I wish his mid season influence was greater
I wish we had a GM with some balls.
AV should have been canned 20 games into the season, dosnt matter what Henrik thinks.
This is on the GM, he is responsible for who is under contract.
No big fan of this one player is bigger than the team crap, didn't matter if you are Lundqvist, messier or leach.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

I will be very surprised if we see Shattenkirk again this year. There is no need, let him heal up and be 100% for his summer training so he can be good to go next year.
I agree. I'd say the same for Kreider, but it might be good for him mentally to get a few games in.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

They're supposedly looking for forward depth as well. Nash, Grabner, and DD are all on their radar I'm sure.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
Is AV riding Hank so hard because he honestly thinks we're still in the playoff hunt or because he hates Hank? Tough to tell.

Based on Hank's words and actions, I'd say AV is playing Hank because when Hank doesn't play, Hank gets pissed off at not playing.

Reactions: Hellion

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I think this is the lowest point of the entire rebuild.

We have all the dead weight and cap crunch of the contention years: Nash, Holden, Staal, Smith.

If we unload the expensive, the old, the slow, we'll be a better team already with Pionk, ADA, Chytil, and Andersson ready.

Plus, never underestimate what a deserving and legitimate coaching staff can do.

We are 2 weeks in, no this is not the low point lol. This is not even low. Ask EDM how they felt 2 weeks into their rebuild, it started in like what 07’? They have a much worse record then we do, ELEVEN years later.

I am starting to think that you cannot rebuild in NY, honestly. People are completely freakin out because we lose a game — that we WANT to lose. We want to lose. If we didn’t, we would have picked up some bodies off waivers. We would have picked up a back up. Traded a few 7th round pick for someone. Gorton wouldn’t have sent out an mail stating that hey, it doesn’t matter if we get into a P.O. spot by the TDL I am sending at least a couple of guys away anyway, on a team with very little depth.

Of course we are going to look like crap. You know what, we scored 4. I was positively surprised lol.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
It will be about eating salary and change of the throne.

Nope. Henrik, when he isn't overplayed and has a team at least trying to play defense in front of him, is still an excellent goalie in this league. Too many people on here mistake "not being able to save a team who plays no defense" for "not being a good goalie."

The only reason the team would want to trade Lundqvist is because they think he will win too many games by himself as they try to get a higher pick. As others have noted, that doesn't matter, because NTC. The ONLY way this team moves Henrik is if HE asks for it to take a shot at the Cup, and then they will do it out of respect, not out of any actual desire to move him.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
And this is the guy that says he's in for a rebuild? How is he gonna cope with THAT?

This is NYR hockey hell right now. No meaningful hockey in the standings, in development, in spirit and pride, or in fighting through it. There's nothing to fight through anymore for the rest of the season. The roster is going to be sold, the coaches are going to be canned, the direction of the franchise is going to be changed, and there's nothing left to salvage, no one left to blame. Among the broken mirror, Henrik doesn't look the same. Rebuild is progress, improvement, and hope. This is just pathetic.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Based on Hank's words and actions, I'd say AV is playing Hank because when Hank doesn't play, Hank gets pissed off at not playing.

Come on guys, it was Hank or a guy born in Bulgaria.

We have an absolutely terrible roster. 6/12 forwards are AHL caliber. Holden is the lone vet on the blueline, Skjei a soapmore and 4 rookies. Of which 4 are offensive minded and 3 under sized. Every goal I at this level can “play” in the NHL. Gregoriev is a good goalie. But this is not a game you play a rookie keeper in. The team is tremendously out of balance. Let the team settle into the fact that we are missing the POs. Get past the deadline. Start going into a games with a mind set that we don’t have to win anything, but just play good on a shift by shift basis and keep things close instead of desperately scrambling all the time. This is a very shaky time for the roster and the kids, Hank needs to be there. He can rest more in a couple of weeks.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
We are 2 weeks in, no this is not the low point lol. This is not even low. Ask EDM how they felt 2 weeks into their rebuild, it started in like what 07’? They have a much worse record then we do, ELEVEN years later.

I am starting to think that you cannot rebuild in NY, honestly. People are completely freakin out because we lose a game — that we WANT to lose. We want to lose. If we didn’t, we would have picked up some bodies off waivers. We would have picked up a back up. Traded a few 7th round pick for someone. Gorton wouldn’t have sent out an mail stating that hey, it doesn’t matter if we get into a P.O. spot by the TDL I am sending at least a couple of guys away anyway, on a team with very little depth.

Of course we are going to look like crap. You know what, we scored 4. I was positively surprised lol.

We're not going to go through an Edmonton rebuild. Gorton is not that imcompetent. Edmonton was utter trash when the started the rebuild, drafted mutliple top 3 busts, managed their assets terribly and McDavid can't even save them now. Being compared to the clown show in Edmonton or Arizona is an insult even in the current state of NYR.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Nope. Henrik, when he isn't overplayed and has a team at least trying to play defense in front of him, is still an excellent goalie in this league. Too many people on here mistake "not being able to save a team who plays no defense" for "not being a good goalie."

The only reason the team would want to trade Lundqvist is because they think he will win too many games by himself as they try to get a higher pick. As others have noted, that doesn't matter, because NTC. The ONLY way this team moves Henrik is if HE asks for it to take a shot at the Cup, and then they will do it out of respect, not out of any actual desire to move him.

What lol?

Why exactly should we expect anything more? How do you think it feels have you have been the laughing stock of the league for 8 years but you have 5 first overall picks and you are really excited before a season for the first time ever and you find out that the team still suck tremendously and isn’t even remotely close.

Do NYR fans really have the patience for a rebuild??

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
We're not going to go through an Edmonton rebuild. Gorton is not that imcompetent. Edmonton was utter trash when the started the rebuild, drafted mutliple top 3 busts, managed their assets terribly and McDavid can't even save them now. Being compared to the clown show in Edmonton or Arizona is an insult even in the current state of NYR.
Gorton gave AV an extension last year around this time.....so his competence could be questioned . Question is...was it him or Sather that made that decision ?

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
that's what happens when you trade

Talbot and get nothing back
Raanta and get nothing back
Hagelin and get nothing back
Stepan and get scrubs back
Let Eric Staal walk away for free...and now he has 50 goals and counting for the Wild in the last 2 seasons

this is all on the bumbling Gorton and Sather but mostly the incompetent Gorton

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Why are you complaining then? I think things are going fairly well.

I would have thought that it was — much — worse if we had kept Stepan, fired AV and gone with a thight defensive coach, added a few vets and been in the 6-8 in the East range, going nowhere.

We are doing the right thing. Why are people freakin our? We have Chytil and Lias. Some kids on defense that are OK — albeit getting exposed pretty badly on the worthless team we put on the ice. We will have a shot at picking some very good talent this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad