Post-Game Talk: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers - February 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I thought the Holland & Hayes lines had a good game, but it was rough defensive game vs a difficult Flyers who are playing very well recently. I did not expect much before this game started while Ryan Mc. resting until he is moved near the trade deadline for a great return in Gorton`s rebuild plan.

Hopefully Florida, Hawks, and Detroit get more points than us soon - for best possible draft position this summer.

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I just want Hank to get to 30 wins. Idk though.

I think once they get past the trade deadline they might play a little better. Now the guys who are still here won’t have a potential trade hanging over their heads.

There is that possibility but after the deadline they have 3 games against teams that are truly out of it the rest of the way.

That March schedule is brutal. I would have been super annoyed with it had this team been good.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Let's be honest, Hank isn't the easiest guy to trade at the moment. Which contender needs him? Are they willing to take on the contract? The return would be minimal.

If the Rangers trade Lundqvist, it won't be about the return. It will only happen if Henrik asks for it, and they would do it for little return in order to help him have a shot at the Cup.

Reactions: kovazub94

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I think this is the lowest point of the entire rebuild.

We have all the dead weight and cap crunch of the contention years: Nash, Holden, Staal, Smith.

If we unload the expensive, the old, the slow, we'll be a better team already with Pionk, ADA, Chytil, and Andersson ready.

Plus, never underestimate what a deserving and legitimate coaching staff can do.
I don't think this is yet the low point

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
The Rangers are 2-8 so far this month.

3-11 in the last 14.

Those 3 wins were 6-5 against SJ, 4-3 against CGY and 3-1 against WPG.

Watched all three and thought we should have lost all 3. Really had no business beating Winnipeg in that game, in particular.

Either way, you will occasionally get wins you don’t deserve but... we could very easily be on a 0-14 run right now.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I think this is the lowest point of the entire rebuild.

We have all the dead weight and cap crunch of the contention years: Nash, Holden, Staal, Smith.

If we unload the expensive, the old, the slow, we'll be a better team already with Pionk, ADA, Chytil, and Andersson ready.

Plus, never underestimate what a deserving and legitimate coaching staff can do.

It’s gonna be a few years.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
JT wont see one with the Isles either. Do you think he should move on this summer?

The issue with that argument is that Tavares is almost 9 years younger. Conceivably he could be around long enough for NYI to compete.
At 36, and with the Rangers announcing they are committed to the rebuild, Hank doesn't have the luxury of time like Tavares does

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
The issue with that argument is that Tavares is almost 9 years younger. Conceivably he could be around long enough for NYI to compete.
At 36, and with the Rangers announcing they are committed to the rebuild, Hank doesn't have the luxury of time like Tavares does
OAN, Piles are insane not to trade JT. They are going nowhere and could get a small country for him.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Sometimes people can be stubborn to a fault and in this case I think Hank will go down with the ship.

It’s less about being stubborn and more about not wanting to uproot his family, business interests, friends, and every other thing he’s known in his life for the last 14 years of living here for a cup that still wouldn’t be guaranteed.

Plus, there is no better city to win it in other than New York especially after being with the same team for 13 seasons.

It’s either here or it doesn’t happen for him.

The movie isn’t over yet. We don’t know how it ends.

Reactions: Siddi

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Over his last 11 appearances, Lundqvist has a 4.46 goals against average, .873 save percentage and has been pulled four times. The soon-to-be 36-year-old started every game of the Rangers’ recent stretch of five games in eight days, leads NHL goaltenders with 52 appearances and has started 50 of the Rangers’ 60 games. Backup Ondrej Pavelec is out with an MCL sprain, and Alexandar Georgiev missed a projected start Saturday with the flu.

There’s no telling how much worse it can get as the Rangers surely will look different a week from Monday when the trade deadline passes. (Former Ranger and current Lightning assistant general manager Pat Verbeek was among those in attendance Sunday.) Any positive stretch of play is undone by the same crushing mistakes.

Rangers’ free fall continues in scoring-filled 7-4 loss to Flyers

Trade as many players as possible by next Monday at 3pm. Finish out the season with some combination of Rangers/Hartford/Greenville players. Kreider will be back sometime in March. No timetable for his return. It could be 2 weeks. It could be a month. Shattenkirk has no timeline for returning. It's been one month since his knee surgery. The next 3-4 weeks will determine when he returns. There are only 7 weeks remaining in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad