Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Same post I made yesterday:

Alright, soapbox time.

The reason I am fully on board the rebuild train. The reason I don’t believe there is any player who should be safe on this roster.

We don’t just suck. If we sucked you could point to the injuries, the lack of experience, the AHL call ups. We suck and we get out WORKED. We play fundamentally poor hockey. We take lazy penalties and make lazy plays that result in chance after chance against. We leave Hank out to dry constantly.

Seeing Hank give up 5 and get yanked in this game is 25x more frustrating than the loss itself. Yeah, if we’re gonna rebuild we gotta get used to it, so I’m okay with it on that level. But it’s the NATURE of how we give up 5 goals. It isn’t by being the inferior team who is playing an opponent that’s simply better. I mean, Ottawa’s roster probably is better than what we currently have on the ice for sure, but what I mean is that we don’t lose due to giving a great effort but just not having the horses to keep up. We lose due to laziness, passiveness and brain deadness. It makes the team much less likeable. Watching a poor team play hard and compete every night but ultimately lose can be tolerable. Watching this team just makes you WANT to blow it up.​

And I’m not talking about simply the effects of having an AHL defense right now. This is all season. How inconsistent can the effort get from guys who are NHL vets? How often can the players who are making big money disappear? Grabner was an “depth signing” and ended up basically being our best forward two years in a row. The team is just poorly constructed, poorly coached, poorly prepared.​

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Philly has been good lately and we're free falling... not sure why ANYONE would be surprised at the result here.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Massive tilt in Montreal on Thursday. It could very well decide who finishes ahead of the other team in the standings. 4 point game! We want 5!

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
I wouldn’t be surprised to see the trading of some players begin along with possible a new coach during next few days.
Don’t know whom will replace AV for the rest of the season but after yesterday’s stare down from Hank and the last few games of nothing who knows.
Did I also see AV walk down the tunnel not behind the bench.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I think what we are seeing is a 36 year old goalie that has a TON of mileage on him with a lot of playoff games and Olympic games

He is no longer capable of carrying this team and that's no indictment on him it's more that we have to acknowledge father time and the fact that he's played way more games for this team this year than he should have.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
We sucked before we had the four rookies on the blueline :dunno:

There's a common denominator around here somewhere....

Are you serious, we have 4 rookies on the blueline and 1 soapmore. The one vet D we have is Nic freakin Holden. 6 of 12 forwards are AHL caliber. Management just sent out a mail that we are rebuilding no matter if the team is in a PO spot. Hank who is 36 y/o have by far played be most games of all goalies in the league, and it haven’t exactly been easy games.

Yeah let’s freak out because we don’t play pretty.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I know asking a lot but can we at least get a taste of a trade by thursday? Nash for first and small prospect and holden for a 4th
With the amount of work to be done, you would definitely think (hope) there is something on the boil. Prime that pump.
Edit: like, soon.

Reactions: bl02

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Is AV riding Hank so hard because he honestly thinks we're still in the playoff hunt or because he hates Hank? Tough to tell.

Hank must get used to this. He have let everyone know that he has no interest to go anywhere, like a week ago, he has no right to complain. We have two injured goalies and a Bulgarian on the bench, of course he should play.

If he doesn’t like it he should let Gorton trade him. I am sure Gorton would be happy to.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Henrik looks tired. Not moving as fast. Misreading more plays.

Guy shouldn't be playing 70 games at this age. Especially when he is under siege most games.

AV should give him a couple games off. It's evident to me that he needs it.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Hank must get used to this. He have let everyone know that he has no interest to go anywhere, like a week ago, he has no right to complain. We have two injured goalies and a Bulgarian on the bench, of course he should play.

If he doesn’t like it he should let Gorton trade him. I am sure Gorton would be happy to.

I don't see Henrik complaining about anything anywhere. The man is dejected. The team in front of him mailed it in. The coaching staff is the worst in the NHL, three deadmen walking, only here to help us reach Dahlin. It's unreasonable to expect him to play 65 games face the second most shots in the league, behind the worst defense in the league, and put on an Oscar performance on the ice and in the locker room to show that he's supportive of the tank job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad