Post-Game Talk: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers - February 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Hank must get used to this. He have let everyone know that he has no interest to go anywhere, like a week ago, he has no right to complain. We have two injured goalies and a Bulgarian on the bench, of course he should play.

If he doesn’t like it he should let Gorton trade him. I am sure Gorton would be happy to.
I think he will change his mind about riding the rebuild.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Are you serious, we have 4 rookies on the blueline and 1 soapmore. The one vet D we have is Nic freakin Holden. 6 of 12 forwards are AHL caliber. Management just sent out a mail that we are rebuilding no matter if the team is in a PO spot. Hank who is 36 y/o have by far played be most games of all goalies in the league, and it haven’t exactly been easy games.

Yeah let’s freak out because we don’t play pretty.

You still didn't address the part where we were awful when we were healthy.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
THIS TEAM IS A FLAT OUT JOKE FIRE AV ALREADY 2 GAMES IN A ROW RAN OUT THE BUILDING OH AND BY THE WAY HANK IS A FLAT OUT JOKE ITS TIME TO MOVE ON ITS TIME

giphy.gif

If Hasek and Roy somehow conceived a superchild, and that superchild did nothing but eat sleep and **** hockey from morning to night from the moment he could walk, it still wouldn’t make a difference with the roster we’re icing. Especially combined with the moronic defensive system out coach deploys.

We should have about half the points we currently have if it wasn’t for Lundqvist.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Massive tilt in Montreal on Thursday. It could very well decide who finishes ahead of the other team in the standings. 4 point game! We want 5!

IF there is a team that has mailed it in more than the Rangers, it's Montreal.

Looking forward to AV giving Hank both that game and the Minnesota game because he thinks this team is still in it and he should be fresh after 3 days off.

Reactions: Tob

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I honestly cannot even fathom how hard it must be to be a fan of a team that has to go through this for the whole season, every season. I don't know how many McDavids you could get before you went completely insane. The team has clearly given up on AV. At this point, I don't know if firing him hurts or helps. I suppose I would wait until the trade deadline at least to decide. I wonder what the breaking point is for Henrik though. You can talk about wanting to work through a rebuild but he hasn't been through anything remotely close to this. I could see him rethinking this whole thing if his GAA gets up around the 4 mark and we lose every night.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas

On the surface I doubt it, but there’s this little feeling inside that feels like it’s true.

I think when he said he was in for a retool he expected the team to come out with good effort and that they’d lose games 3-2 or drop games in shootouts. I don’t think he expected to be getting shelled for 5+ regularly. If this keeps up, I don’t know if he’ll stick around. I guess if he isn’t moved by Monday though, he will want to see how the team looks next October rather than ask to be moved in the summer.

I doubt he goes anywhere. But the feeling is creeping in.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I honestly cannot even fathom how hard it must be to be a fan of a team that has to go through this for the whole season, every season. I don't know how many McDavids you could get before you went completely insane. The team has clearly given up on AV. At this point, I don't know if firing him hurts or helps. I suppose I would wait until the trade deadline at least to decide. I wonder what the breaking point is for Henrik though. You can talk about wanting to work through a rebuild but he hasn't been through anything remotely close to this. I could see him rethinking this whole thing if his GAA gets up around the 4 mark and we lose every night.

I've been through longer periods of sustained failure and it was easier to stomach than this.

And it has everything to do with the coach. It would be one thing if the team was just bad at hockey - this team doesn't play hockey.

Reactions: Claxton

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Henrik looks tired. Not moving as fast. Misreading more plays.

Guy shouldn't be playing 70 games at this age. Especially when he is under siege most games.

AV should give him a couple games off. It's evident to me that he needs it.

Agreed, but management had to know that this day would come when they gave him that long term deal. Fact is, he hasn't played, other than the two month stretch this season, like a top NHL goaltender consistently. We can blame everything and everyone, but the proof is in the pudding.
It has got to be hard for a guy like Hank, who is a competitor, to live through the decline.
On the bright side, it is happening at the right time. Team needs to rebuild and Hank playing poorly doesn't mean to much in the grand scheme of things.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The word I'd use for Lundqvist's play lately is dispirited. He knows this team ain't going nowhere and he knows that a lot of the vets are going through the motions and a lot of the call ups can't handle it right now. Our first line center has 31 points. Our second line center has 27. Our top scoring defenseman has 26. Only one guy has hit the 20 goal mark--that's our third line left wing. The team is dysfunctional and the injuries have exacerbated the disfunction.

The reason why AV continues to play him most every night is because mathematically we're still there but there's a large gap between the reality of what's happening and our mathematical chances of squeaking into the playoffs. Literally we need to get through the next 3 games and get Grabner, Nash etc. on their way. I would like to see Georgiev play at least two of them. I wouldn't mind if Nash and/or Grabner were taken out of the lineup just to make sure they don't get injured.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I do too. I don't think he has the mentality to handle a rebuild. The guy is hard wired to compete.

I think he asks out to be traded to a Cup contender next year. Because he loves this team at heart so much, he's going to ask to go out West so he doesn't cost his former team very much of anything.

Reactions: will1066

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
On the surface I doubt it, but there’s this little feeling inside that feels like it’s true.

I think when he said he was in for a retool he expected the team to come out with good effort and that they’d lose games 3-2 or drop games in shootouts. I don’t think he expected to be getting shelled for 5+ regularly. If this keeps up, I don’t know if he’ll stick around. I guess if he isn’t moved by Monday though, he will want to see how the team looks next October rather than ask to be moved in the summer.

I doubt he goes anywhere. But the feeling is creeping in.
Let's be honest, Hank isn't the easiest guy to trade at the moment. Which contender needs him? Are they willing to take on the contract? The return would be minimal.

Reactions: Holocene

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
You still didn't address the part where we were awful when we were healthy.

You mean when we had a P.O. spot despite a far from very good roster? I think we performed about in or which what should have been expected. Don’t you?

Scored more most others would with that roster but also played worse D.

Gino Odjick

Feb 12, 2018
No need to want Hank traded. He’s been the heart and soul for this franchise for so long that he’s simply off target.
Was watching Zucc today and two things struck me; how come he didn’t get a secondary assist on our first goal? And ow come he de facto plays center in the third period? I know he works hard but we don’t need his defensive skills as much as his offensive playmaking abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad