Player Discussion Peyton Krebs C/LW (acquired from Vegas)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Love that Krebs put money on the board for most hits against his former team. The locker room seems very healthy despite premature reports of a vibes demise.

I'm amused that this came out due to someone who covers the Knights getting that info. Not surprised that it didn't come from anyone who covers the Sabres either.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I'm amused that this came out due to someone who covers the Knights getting that info. Not surprised that it didn't come from anyone who covers the Sabres either.
Hamilton probably would have gone on a tirade about how "money on the board" is immoral and all players involved need to be suspended. Or something.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Maybe Krebs can be our Mathew Barnaby....without all the antics.

Of course thats what I loved about Barnaby back in the day.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
1 - it doesn't really matter.
2 - Jack's a workout freak but I can't recall him ever fighting. At least Krebs has experience
Jack fought... I forgot with who... and I don't think Jack is a fighting beast...but he would have no problem with Krebs... Krebs is a terrible fighter and Jack is so much bigger and stronger

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Jack fought... I forgot with who... and I don't think Jack is a fighting beast...but he would have no problem with Krebs... Krebs is a terrible fighter and Jack is so much bigger and stronger
I could swear he fought someone on the Pens who took a run at Reinhart.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

Ya but Krebsy got that dog in him, whereas Jack would rather be listening to REM or somethin. Would be a weird fight, but if Krebs could get a good first punch.. otherwise Jack is wrestling him wherever.

Anyways, I like Krebs. Hope he becomes a real one, but.. ya.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
They are Ralph Krugering Krebs. Shitty minutes, bad line mates and zero PP time. I wonder what he did to Granato. This guy will be a thrown in for a trade and have a career as 60 a point gritty forward and people will wonder how Buffalo screwed up yet another player.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
They are Ralph Krugering Krebs. Shitty minutes, bad line mates and zero PP time. I wonder what he did to Granato. This guy will be a thrown in for a trade and have a career as 60 a point gritty forward and people will wonder how Buffalo screwed up yet another player.
What Krebs did was play very stupid hockey and turn the puck over a ton. He would be getting opportunities like Benson if he wasn’t so reckless with the puck.

If he was getting Kruegered, he wouldn’t have dressed for very many games.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What Krebs did was play very stupid hockey and turn the puck over a ton. He would be getting opportunities like Benson if he wasn’t so reckless with the puck.

If he was getting Kruegered, he wouldn’t have dressed for very many games.

Agreed. He's not shown he is worth more ice time - every time he gets up the lineup, he reverts to junior style playmaking that winds up in easy transitions going the other way. Hell, he still doing that to some extent in the position he's in.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Krebs was rushed to the NHL too soon and his offensive development has stagnated as a result.

Ideally Krebs would be 3-4 inches taller and 40lbs heavier for the role he's trying to fill. (6'2"-6'3" 220lbs)

But there is another undersized guy his upside might be comparable to, Brendan Gallagher. A grimy, gritty, pest of a 2 way player who can chip in on the score sheet. Krebs is like the ultra-low calorie diet version of Gallagher.

He needs to get significantly more physical, willing to sacrifice his body to make a difference and learn to score goals.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Krebs was rushed to the NHL too soon and his offensive development has stagnated as a result.

Ideally Krebs would be 3-4 inches taller and 40lbs heavier for the role he's trying to fill. (6'2"-6'3" 220lbs)

But there is another undersized guy his upside might be comparable to, Brendan Gallagher. A grimy, gritty, pest of a 2 way player who can chip in on the score sheet. Krebs is like the ultra-low calorie diet version of Gallagher.

He needs to get significantly more physical, willing to sacrifice his body to make a difference and learn to score goals.
World championships might be his best development opportunity now that we can't send him down.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Agreed. He's not shown he is worth more ice time - every time he gets up the lineup, he reverts to junior style playmaking that winds up in easy transitions going the other way. Hell, he still doing that to some extent in the position he's in.

That is simply not true. His D game is far superior. He is a plus player on a crap team with horrible linemates.

I can't wait until he's traded and Buffalo fans curse the fact another player is doing well elsewhere.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
So what do we think of Krebs moving up to 3C so far?

Benson-Krebs-Peterka was easily the best line against the Ducks.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
That is simply not true. His D game is far superior. He is a plus player on a crap team with horrible linemates.

I can't wait until he's traded and Buffalo fans curse the fact another player is doing well elsewhere.
Would you rather they move Mitts to allow Krebs to play up the lineup?

The challenge for me with Krebs is that he has good underlying metrics in a tough spot and not great offensive production. And there are better players at center ahead of him in the lineup.

Thompson and Cozens are unlikely to get moved. So, you probably have to move Mitts or Krebs (or move one of the 4 Cs to the wing) to allow them the ability to actually get a solid faceoffs/PK/defense veteran 4C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad