Player Discussion Peyton Krebs C/LW (acquired from Vegas)

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
This might be OT but who would win in a fight, Krebs or Mitts? I know Krebs would be the one starting it, but I have a feeling Mitts would finish it if he had to. The have a similar build.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
This might be OT but who would win in a fight, Krebs or Mitts? I know Krebs would be the one starting it, but I have a feeling Mitts would finish it if he had to. The have a similar build.

I will preface this with the statement that this is a totally uninformed guess.

Personally I would think that mitts wants nothing to do with any kind of hand to hand combat with Krebs :laugh:

Krebs is a small framed human, but he is pretty ripped. Looks like a kid that spends most of his spare time lifting. I think Krebs could benchpress two mittelstadts on an average day, whereas Casey seems to spend most of his free time on the fairways.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I will preface this with the statement that this is a totally uninformed guess.

Personally I would think that mitts wants nothing to do with any kind of hand to hand combat with Krebs :laugh:

Krebs is a small framed human, but he is pretty ripped. Looks like a kid that spends most of his spare time lifting. I think Krebs could benchpress two mittelstadts on an average day, whereas Casey seems to spend most of his free time on the fairways.
Interesting take! Lol

The reason I ask is that Mitts seems much stronger along the boards - his legs seem much more sturdy than Krebs and I feel like he could wrestle Krebs to the ground and take over once they’re down there, despite Krebs seemingly having the advantages you noted.

Reactions: Irie

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Interesting take! Lol

The reason I ask is that Mitts seems much stronger along the boards - his legs seem much more sturdy than Krebs and I feel like he could wrestle Krebs to the ground and take over once they’re down there, despite Krebs seemingly having the advantages you noted.
Oh, in a leg-wrestling match, I'd take Casey over Krebs for sure :laugh:

I just remember being shocked at seeing Krebs last fall, his upperbody doubled in size and he was really toned. I always thought of him as rather scrawny before then. Seems he put on a lot of muscle mass last off-season.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
pretty sure my Dad could take your Dad :laugh:

Well, I lost my dad back in 1995 at the age of 63, but he was an Irishman who grew up on the West Side of Buffalo back when it was mostly all Italian so he had to fight a LOT. Ended up being a master at Morra (Italian number game) and he was a great guy but I also witnessed him not being afraid of anyone. Never picked a fight and also never had to end one.

Though I know that's not what you were really saying. :laugh:

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Krebs is my beautiful golden boy, don’t like seeing him in trade rumors. A skilled guy who picked up a rat quality and seems to enjoy it, that’s worth more than you’ll get in a trade.

Honestly don’t wanna trade any roster players besides Joker and VO.

You don’t trade this man.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Krebs is my beautiful golden boy, don’t like seeing him in trade rumors. A skilled guy who picked up a rat quality and seems to enjoy it, that’s worth more than you’ll get in a trade.

See him as a guy like marchand who is a solid player most of his career but peaks at an older age

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
What do people actually think of Krebs potential? He has elite vision, he can see plays but is physically unable to make it happen. Plus his shot is a muffin. Sure he is tenacious but I just don't see much potential for him. MAYBE he can stick on the third line I haven't given up on him completely but I don't mind moving him since people seem to actually think his potential is Top 6.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
What do people actually think of Krebs potential? He has elite vision, he can see plays but is physically unable to make it happen. Plus his shot is a muffin. Sure he is tenacious but I just don't see much potential for him. MAYBE he can stick on the third line I haven't given up on him completely but I don't mind moving him since people seem to actually think his potential is Top 6.
Bottom-six depth FW, producing around 30-50 pts. Could be a good PKer at some point. I don't ever see him as a top-six guy...not in Buffalo. Still a pretty good player to have around for a while.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Middle six playmaker that is defensively sound and plays with some snarl. Wouldn't look completely out of place on a top line for short spurts (as in, injury cover-up).

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Bottom-six depth FW, producing around 30-50 pts. Could be a good PKer at some point. I don't ever see him as a top-six guy...not in Buffalo. Still a pretty good player to have around for a while.
I see him as more of a bottom 9 slotting anywhere in the lineup he is still young he will get a stronger hus shot though might hold him back if he gets his shot to a point where teams have to respect it his playmaking will open up also has to get stronger on his skates especially on board battles deadlifts and squat hyper focused training over the summer could do alot for him.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
As much as I liked him with Girgs and Okposo, I’d like to see him have some more skilled linemates. Our “middle six” should probably consist of cozens, krebs, mitts, Peterka, Quinn, greenway.

I’m thinking perhaps Savoie should get that Krebs role with the old men

Reactions: Dubi Doo

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
The one thing that I do believe Krebs can do better than some of our other young talent (Quinn, JJP) is his flexibility up and down the lineup. Especially if he can take his offensive game up a small notch

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
The one thing that I do believe Krebs can do better than some of our other young talent (Quinn, JJP) is his flexibility up and down the lineup. Especially if he can take his offensive game up a small notch
Quinn has good defensive instincts but lacks the grit. Peterka is a dog around the boards but not as solid defensively as Quinn. Peterka has potential to play anywhere if his D zone improves. if Krebs can elevate offensively, he will be a well rounded player.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

It would be funny if they land Clifton so he can go do that on the occasions people take jabs at Krebs.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

A guy who can make plays and be a complete dink/PITA for the other team is something we've (collectively) been begging to get on this team for years. Pests who can actually play hockey are always in short supply and high demand. I'm in no hurry to get rid of him.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Quinn doesn’t lack grit. He lacks physical strength.
Yeah. Quinn will get his nose dirty. That's what's so enticing about him. He is developing into a really good all around player who also has the potential to be a 40+ goal guy.

I like Krebs a lot. As @Dirty Dog said, Id like to see him get some more skilled wingers this year. I have visions of breaking up the top-6 offensive lines a bit:

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Peterka-Cozens-Mitts
Greenway-Krebs-Quinn
Girgs-XXX-Okoposo

That's rolling 4 lines, and giving each line some defensively responsible players.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Yeah. Quinn will get his nose dirty. That's what's so enticing about him. He is developing into a really good all around player who also has the potential to be a 40+ goal guy.

I like Krebs a lot. As @Dirty Dog said, Id like to see him get some more skilled wingers this year. I have visions of breaking up the top-6 offensive lines a bit:

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Peterka-Cozens-Mitts
Greenway-Krebs-Quinn
Girgs-XXX-Okoposo

That's rolling 4 lines, and giving each line some defensively responsible players.

I like that top 9.

I just can’t see them breaking in both Kulich and Savoie at the same time in 2024. So I wonder if Savoie is destined for the krebs treatment and plays with girgs and okposo

Reactions: Dubi Doo

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I like that top 9.

I just can’t see them breaking in both Kulich and Savoie at the same time in 2024. So I wonder if Savoie is destined for the krebs treatment and plays with girgs and okposo

Frankly I don’t see them as being set with 4 lines of 3 players. I do think they should be attached to pairings though (assuming 0 injuries).

Like Skinner & Tage, Peterka & Quinn, Greenway & Mitts, and Girgensons and Okposo. And then mix the rest if you wanna line juggle.

zuikan

Mar 26, 2018
As I recall Krebs was horrible before he got to the 4th line, that's why he was sent there. I wanted to send him to Rochester. Now maybe he could handle the breakaway chaos of the top lines, and maybe not, but i don't think he's entirely out of place where he is.

Reactions: elchud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad