Player Discussion Peyton Krebs C/LW (acquired from Vegas)

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
It wasnt an emergency decision for Benson, he won the competition, VO, Savoie, Benson, Kulich, Rosen, Rousek, all were in the internal competition for Quinns roster spot during training camp and aside from Savoie they all had their chance because he was injured himself.

An 18-year-old won your competition? Maybe, get better competitors. Short-range thanking. Classic Sabres. Never learn.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
An 18-year-old won your competition? Maybe, get better competitors. Short-range thanking. Classic Sabres. Never learn.

I'm not sure what argument you're trying to make. Benson was one of our best players in training camp and preseason. They didn't keep him out of desperation. He proved he could play in the NHL. What does it say when players earn the job (Like Ryan Johnson) and you send them back anyway?

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I still believe he'll be a key bottom 6 piece on a champion, I just think Buffalo will run out of patience with him.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
They expected Quinn back before the midway point of the season, nobody would have predicted that he would have mangled his leg and miss the rest of the season.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
So what do we think of Krebs moving up to 3C so far?

Benson-Krebs-Peterka was easily the best line against the Ducks.
Overdue. It would be a shame if we chase Krebs out of town for being an ineffective 4th/checking line center, a role he has no business playing. I’ve been clamoring for weeks to stick him with more skilled wingers. Let’s see if he can keep it up.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Vic certainly isn’t doing anything with them.
We really need a 'mic drop' emoji.

Also, I really hope things work out with Krebs. He shows flashes, but Im still not sure where he slots in long term. He was looking the part of a bottom 6 C who can play a rat's game for parts of last season. The consistency just isnt there yet, which isn't uncommon for a player his age.

I guess the question is- do you wait and see what he becomes or do you move on? This team desperately needs some veteran players who can do the heavy lifting on the defensive side of things.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Overdue. It would be a shame if we chase Krebs out of town for being an ineffective 4th/checking line center, a role he has no business playing. I’ve been clamoring for weeks to stick him with more skilled wingers. Let’s see if he can keep it up.
Keep up one apple in five games? I should hope so.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
There is literally nothing that frustrates me more at this point than people who refuse to learn from their mistakes. How many guys do we have to stupidly run out of town and have it come back to bite us right in the ass in the worst way possible?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
There is literally nothing that frustrates me more at this point than people who refuse to learn from their mistakes. How many guys do we have to stupidly run out of town and have it come back to bite us right in the ass in the worst way possible?
Yes.. because Peyton Krebs is even close to a Sam Reinhart or whoever else you're thinking of ... Jesus

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
We really need a 'mic drop' emoji.

Also, I really hope things work out with Krebs. He shows flashes, but Im still not sure where he slots in long term. He was looking the part of a bottom 6 C who can play a rat's game for parts of last season. The consistency just isnt there yet, which isn't uncommon for a player his age.

I guess the question is- do you wait and see what he becomes or do you move on? This team desperately needs some veteran players who can do the heavy lifting on the defensive side of things.

I imagine him as a center with some more engaged wingers and a coach who doesn't ignore finishing checks (not seeking them, just simply playing the physical aspect of a forecheck) and wonder what he would be like. Seeing him with someone like Garland or Coleman - an energetic forechecking cuss for Krebs to build off, someone who is a bit of a running mate.

Or I wonder if he's just going to be post-waiver Jost.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
The legend of Peyton Krebs will never die. I don't hate the guy but I still can't figure out why so many posters think he has so much more to offer. He's a 25-35 pt C depending on linemates, scrappy but not physically imposing, over rated play making, below average shot and speed, loses the puck too much.

Reactions: Beerz

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The legend of Peyton Krebs will never die. I don't hate the guy but I still can't figure out why so many posters think he has so much more to offer. He's a 25-35 pt C depending on linemates, scrappy but not physically imposing, over rated play making, below average shot and speed, loses the puck too much.
He was scrappy last year.. not this year

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You're crying about a guy who has had one career year... ?

And when did "we chase" him out of town?

Screenshot_20240222_211449_Chrome.jpg

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Really don't understand your reasoning.

Benson made the roster, fair and square. Except for a handful of games, he's played like he belongs. He's often our hardest working, most positionally sound forward. He scored 98 points in 60 games last season in the Dub as a 17 year-old.

Given all that, do you think his development would be better served playing with the Sabres or the Wild?

Back on topic - happy to see Krebs working so well with Benson and JJ. Greenway-Krebs-Kulich might be a combo worth trying next season. Wonder if Ostlund makes him expendable in a couple of years?

Reactions: HOOats

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
If/When Krebs is traded it's going to blow up in our faces when he ends up on a non clown show organization with actual NHL coaching. Feel free to bookmark this.
No he won’t. He does nothing above average. Hell his own jr coach said he is a bottom 6 forward.

Reactions: HOOats

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Really don't understand your reasoning.

Benson made the roster, fair and square. Except for a handful of games, he's played like he belongs. He's often our hardest working, most positionally sound forward. He scored 98 points in 60 games last season in the Dub as a 17 year-old.

Given all that, do you think his development would be better served playing with the Sabres or the Wild?

Back on topic - happy to see Krebs working so well with Benson and JJ. Greenway-Krebs-Kulich might be a combo worth trying next season. Wonder if Ostlund makes him expendable in a couple of years?

Burn a year of his contract and eligibility on a crap team because you couldn't plan ahead. Just mindless player development. Rivet/Peters have been calling this out for months. They are morons mostly, but so many competitors in Buffalo in the media just seem scared to call out the idiocy of this team.

If/When Krebs is traded it's going to blow up in our faces when he ends up on a non clown show organization with actual NHL coaching. Feel free to bookmark this.

This will happen. I agree. He won't be 100 point guy but he will be a solid 60 or 70 point guy and you will get a wave of excuses that he would have never done that in Buffalo. Bookmark my comments too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad