Player Discussion Peyton Krebs C/LW (acquired from Vegas)

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Krebs kinda reminds me of a young Mittelstadt.

How old was Mitts when he got 9 points in 31 games? 21? 22?

Mittelstadt also needed a lot of time to develop. He wasn't very strong, underdeveloped physically and mentally and took him a while to catch up to the speed of the game.

A lot of fans were ready to trade Mitts for a bag of pucks 2 years ago.

Sometimes it takes a few years for talented prospects who are underdeveloped physically to catch up to the speed of the game. Krebs makes a lot of dumb passes and so did Mittelstadt when he was 21-22. Krebs needs to catch up to the speed of NHL play. Krebs can't think the game fast enough yet and it makes him look like he has a low hockey IQ. It finally clicked for Mittelstadt and I would hate to give up on Krebs before he gets a chance for it to happen for him.
Agreed on Mitts/krebs comparison from a maturity stand point.

On a higher level I look at reinhart the same way. He did not have jack Eichel thighs coming into the NHL at 19. He's 28 and now and having a career year. I'm sure from ages 24-28 he gained even more muscle.

Krebs just turned 23. Mitts is 25

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Krebs kinda reminds me of a young Mittelstadt.

How old was Mitts when he got 9 points in 31 games? 21? 22?

Mittelstadt also needed a lot of time to develop. He wasn't very strong, underdeveloped physically and mentally and took him a while to catch up to the speed of the game.

A lot of fans were ready to trade Mitts for a bag of pucks 2 years ago.

Sometimes it takes a few years for talented prospects who are underdeveloped physically to catch up to the speed of the game. Krebs makes a lot of dumb passes and so did Mittelstadt when he was 21-22. Krebs needs to catch up to the speed of NHL play. Krebs can't think the game fast enough yet and it makes him look like he has a low hockey IQ. It finally clicked for Mittelstadt and I would hate to give up on Krebs before he gets a chance for it to happen for him.

Mitts battled injuries in his early years.. that certainly didn't help

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Mitts battled injuries in his early years.. that certainly didn't help
He played 34 of 38 games his season at UMinny.....missing games due to the WJC.
He played 77 NHL games his rookie year.
His 2nd year he was up and down between Rochester and Buffalo and played 67 total games.
His 3rd year he played 41 of 56 games, most (if not all) of his DNPs were Krueger being Krueger.
21/22 was the only year he missed any real stretch of games due to injury.

He had ONE injury-riddled year...his 4th. Otherwise, he's been quite healthy.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
He played 34 of 38 games his season at UMinny.....missing games due to the WJC.
He played 77 NHL games his rookie year.
His 2nd year he was up and down between Rochester and Buffalo and played 67 total games.
His 3rd year he played 41 of 56 games, most (if not all) of his DNPs were Krueger being Krueger.
21/22 was the only year he missed any real stretch of games due to injury.

He had ONE injury-riddled year...his 4th. Otherwise, he's been quite healthy.

Hmm.. I guess I don't remember him going back and forth to Rochester his second y3ar.

Always seemed just when he started to get going he would get injured. Is what is stuck in my head anyways.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022

They didn't wait to elevate him. They tried to elevate him previously and he failed.

Granato trying to sound like a genius. He was given opportunities and couldn't succeed so they buried him on the 4th line.

As for the building a foundation nonsense does that mean Kulich is going to sit on the 4th line for 2 years since his defensive play is not very good? Of course not. Granato is a fraud.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
They didn't wait to elevate him. They tried to elevate him previously and he failed.

Granato trying to sound like a genius. He was given opportunities and couldn't succeed so they buried him on the 4th line.

As for the building a foundation nonsense does that mean Kulich is going to sit on the 4th line for 2 years since his defensive play is not very good? Of course not. Granato is a fraud.
I feel like he was given a bit of a short leash his first stint but you're right he didn't help himself with his play either...

But now the guy is playing with such confidence and making plays that I don't want to see him with Okposo or Gus again.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I feel like he was given a bit of a short leash his first stint but you're right he didn't help himself with his play either...

But now the guy is playing with such confidence and making plays that I don't want to see him with Okposo or Gus again.
He played on PP1 when he got here, that being said you are right, lets hope he never sees the 4th line again.

I am still on the fence with Krebs if he will be a top 6 or not. His play is mostly the outside perimeter and still needs to develop more goal scoring. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
He played on PP1 when he got here, that being said you are right, lets hope he never sees the 4th line again.

I am still on the fence with Krebs if he will be a top 6 or not. His play is mostly the outside perimeter and still needs to develop more goal scoring. Fingers crossed.

He definitely needs to keep proving himself but I for sure see him as a middle 6 guy. There is nothing wrong with him as a 3C. Especially in todays NHL but that depends on a lot of things tho...

Do the Sabre's resign Mitts? If so, does Cozens stay at wing? What does the line up look like when Quinn comes back?

A lot of questions need to be answered but as for now, I like where he is in the lineup and where his game is at.

Reactions: yasky

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I just don't get it. This is responses to Chadwick begging Donnie to take Greenway off top line ..he doesn't belong there.

This isn't normal.

Screenshot_20240302_235212_X.jpg
Screenshot_20240302_235138_X.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad