OT: International Hockey Talk vol. 1: WJCs, U18s, IIHF Championships, etc

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
OK USA game #2 vs. Germany.

Man trying to catch the shift for Leonard's shifts is a test of discipline. Got the secondary assist on the first goal.

Yes.. USA second goal of the game on a two on one where passing ends up with another goal.

Starting to look like Smith could handle going to the Sharks next season. He seems to focusing on passing a bit more than being a shooter at BC this last season (at least so far in this game).

Haven't finished yet part #2 coming up.
Nothing. Blame Canada is the name of the song from the South Park movie :laugh:
Oh I'm all on board of blaming Canada with their mostly excellent health care.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Didn't watch, but Leonard was -1 on less than 5 minutes of ice time in an overtime game. Did he make a mistake that cost a goal?

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
It is still going to give them some great experience whether they are ready or not. It is a grown ass men tourney.
Exactly. They know how they stack up. Are they ready for the NHL? Good experience regardless. Just like Culder run, Winning is fun!

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Would like to see more Leonard, obviously, but they've been dominant. Murray has been great to keep it just 2-0.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Interesting takes here... :laugh:
What is interesting here? I have been saying the right path was to come to Washington (but was accepting if he went back to BC). If Smith and Leonard can’t EARN meaningful time in worlds with NHL peers, then maybe it is the better path to go back to BC. Just like when McMichael couldn’t earn time in Washington (it wasn’t JUST Levi’s fault), he needed to go play in Hershey to develop (and he did). Came back ready. If my comment of “come back correct” needs translating, it means go work on your game and come in ready next year.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
What is interesting here? I have been saying the right path was to come to Washington (but was accepting if he went back to BC). If Smith and Leonard can’t EARN meaningful time in worlds with NHL peers, then maybe it is the better path to go back to BC. Just like when McMichael couldn’t earn time in Washington (it wasn’t JUST Levi’s fault), he needed to go play in Hershey to develop (and he did). Came back ready. If my comment of “come back correct” needs translating, it means go work on your game and come in ready next year.
It's way too early to make that judgement. And McMichael is a pointless comparison because he probably doesn't even make this team.

From what I've seen, he is 100% NHL ready

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
It's way too early to make that judgement. And McMichael is a pointless comparison because he probably doesn't even make this team.

From what I've seen, he is 100% NHL ready
He could be. He could struggle in the NHL as do most sub 20 players.

McMichael certainly isn’t a pointless comparison. Many thought he was ready for the NHL last year. He was not. He developed in Hershey and put up 18 goals this year.

I wanted Leonard to turn pro. He didn’t. I’m just not as banged up about it as other are.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
I'm not upset that he didn't make the jump. That's a personal decision. But he is absolutely ready. He is better today than McMichael is today.

Reactions: wickedwitch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad