Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He seems to be in the right place at the right time. Plays like a vet and he should only get better.

missed last night`s tilt but have liked his positioning from the comfort of my couch, not always easy to see how he plays without the puck at all times when not watching live but we`ve sure seen far worse

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
But Krejci was also skating at another gear last night. Could be the players, could be the could, maybe something else(?) but that certainly helps the es game. That line looked great out there. I'd like to see how they respond to some of the heavier teams in the league
Funny how the "how can we get rid of Krejci" comments have disappeared in the last week.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Funny how the "how can we get rid of Krejci" comments have disappeared in the last week.

Krejci is what he is.

Love him, but the guy has been disappearing for stretches of the regular season for awhile now. I find it hard to believe that Clode leaving or Cehlarik have much to do with his recent play. We have seen this when he had two really good wings in Lucic and Horton. Some players are just streakier than others.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I don`t know, even when DK was playing with Horty or Looch, his MIA routine was legendary and had I not looked at the stat line on many nights, wouldn`t know he even played

Lately, he`s played better, truthfully, he can play to a higher level but for now, he`s been better

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I don`t know, even when DK was playing with Horty or Looch, his MIA routine was legendary and had I not looked at the stat line on many nights, wouldn`t know he even played

Lately, he`s played better, truthfully, he can play to a higher level but for now, he`s been better

the thing is, DK's disappearing act with Lucic & Horton tended to coincide with both of those guys playing like garbage for long stretches. People forget that whole line was abysmal during the lockout season and only remember them turning on the jets in the playoffs.

As for Krejci, he has been quietly putting up points all year, but has looked much looser since the coaching change and I think it would be naive to think it has nothing to do with his uptick in play.

Cassidy has tweaked their offense and they are playing much more below the dots than they were under Julien, which very much plays into Krejci's game. It means he has the puck more, which means he does more to impact games.

Pasta & Cehlarik having instant chemistry with him certainly helps.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Krejci is what he is.

Love him, but the guy has been disappearing for stretches of the regular season for awhile now. I find it hard to believe that Clode leaving or Cehlarik have much to do with his recent play. We have seen this when he had two really good wings in Lucic and Horton. Some players are just streakier than others.

I'm with you. This is Krejci. We've been through this for way too long now. He had a bunch of spurts like this with Julien and with different wingers, different weather patterns, etc. You just aren't going to get a consistent effort or performance from him, so we just need to enjoy it while it lasts and prepare for the next period of mediocre play.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'm with you. This is Krejci. We've been through this for way too long now. He had a bunch of spurts like this with Julien and with different wingers, different weather patterns, etc. You just aren't going to get a consistent effort or performance from him, so we just need to enjoy it while it lasts and prepare for the next period of mediocre play.

With Krejci, you just pray the team makes the playoffs, because he's typically money in the postseason.

Regular season NHL: 682 games, 511 pts (.75 ppg)

Playoffs NHL: 93 games, 77 pts (.83 ppg)

One of the rare players whose scoring average actually goes up in crunch time.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
With Krejci, you just pray the team makes the playoffs, because he's typically money in the postseason.

Regular season NHL: 682 games, 511 pts (.75 ppg)

Playoffs NHL: 93 games, 77 pts (.83 ppg)

One of the rare players whose scoring average actually goes up in crunch time.

Agreed for the most part, although, if I recall correctly, he did not have a good postseason in that last Montreal loss.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Any clips of those magical Cehlarik passes? NHL.com highlights had a couple, but I want more (wasn't able to watch the game).

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Another very strong game from Cehlarik last night. Fit nicely next to the Krejci-Pasta duo, Made again plenty of little nifty passes and had a great scoring chance but shoted it wide.

He'll eventually have a bad game, they all do. But to me, he's a keeper and could be a long time partner for Krejci-Pasta.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
that pass he made to pasta streaking down the wing reminded me of a m savard or adam oates pass.
sauced that thing cross ice through like 4 sticks

duffy

Feb 12, 2006

I think management has a good read on DK and realize , they are stuck with him until his NTC ends, and at that time they will cut ties. Probably coincide with a youngster coming in to take his spot!

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Surprised by Celly passing... seeing his AHL stats i would of thought he was more like Vatrano

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH

Don't want to put the cart before the horse, but I think we may have something pretty special here. All-Star? Maybe not... but definitely more to this kid than expected, and I hope the trend continues. The hockey sense/IQ is awesome.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Don't want to put the cart before the horse, but I think we may have something pretty special here. All-Star? Maybe not... but definitely more to this kid than expected, and I hope the trend continues. The hockey sense/IQ is awesome.
I'm captivated. You can tell right away he's a 4th/5th year pro, parts of his game look pretty polished.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I haven't been watching much games lately, only red good things about this guy but wow, that's something you don't teach, he could be having way more points. That's exactly how you create space and time with matrix speed passes, every half a second counts and gives more time for player receiving the pass.

Small sample size but another great find deep in the draft?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

He seems to have very good hockey sense. Just knows how to make plays, and has confidence to attempt to thread the needle on his passes.

The biggest thing for me is his skating. In limited viewings at the WJC a year or two back, his skating was average to below-average at best.

He'll never win a skating comp, but it's come a long way clearly and is no longer a weakness that would otherwise hold him back at the highest levels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad