Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
Wow Cehlarik really looks like he belongs. Great chemistry with Pasta and Krejci. Hopefully the Bruins have found their missing piece for the Krejci line.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Or Sakic found his missing piece to add to the Landeskog trade :)

This is what I'm afraid of

he might even take Celly, Debrusk, Lauzon, lindgren, Morrow at this point for Landy
or Duchene

you have to think about such offer long and hard...and not fall in love with every prospect that has a hot start

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
This is what I'm afraid of

he might even take Celly, Debrusk, Lauzon, lindgren, Morrow at this point for Landy
or Duchene

you have to think about such offer long and hard...and not fall in love with every prospect that has a hot start

While that is a a lot of talent collectively, I can't quite believe Colorado would take a bunch of minor pieces for a young star.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Look at the way the team is playing under Cassidy and that will answer your question!
I remember some scholar on this board saying poor Clode couldn't make Chicken salad
From Chicken crap! Well don't look now but Cassidy has just accomplished that unattainable feat.
Did anyone notice that Adam MC Quade was the sniper on our first goal last night - could you imagine Clode seeing him pinch that far down the wall - he would have had a stroke.
I like the change in strategy under Cassidy. But, I temper that feeling by knowing we're only three games into his interim leadership.

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Cehlarik > Heinen ... like much better

But celly is no ordinary rookie... poised beyond his age

Game looks slow to him, which is a great thing

Doesn't Celly remind you guys of Peter Nedved ??

Game looks slow is bang on. He doesnt panic or unnecessarily rush when he has the puck. very poised and more importantly makes nice plays. seems to have a high hockey IQ which can easily make up for a slow first stride which he can work on. He also seems to be good at anticipating where the puck will be and being in the right place.

2 games don't make a career but at first blush he has not seemed out of place at all.

run with him on the second line.

if we could only get Jimmy the gentle giant hayes out of the lineup we would be rolling!

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Just got sent down. Someone please tell me it's only for the week I was loving his game

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Just got sent down. Someone please tell me it's only for the week I was loving his game

I wouldn`t worry about it, the B`s aren`t back on the ice until, guessing Friday, DS probably just wanted to make sure the kid wasn`t sitting stale for a week and sent him down to ensure he is getting some practices in, I`d wager we`ll see he`s called up prior to the B`s taking off for the West coast

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Teams are not allowed to practice during the bye week. This way Cehlarik can still participate in hockey related activities instead of sitting around for a week doing nothing.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Teams are not allowed to practice during the bye week. This way Cehlarik can still participate in hockey related activities instead of sitting around for a week doing nothing.

Ahh okay this makes sense then. Thanks for the info!

Hope he keeps developing next to Pasta and Krejci he just looks like he belongs right now.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
While that is a a lot of talent collectively, I can't quite believe Colorado would take a bunch of minor pieces for a young star.

I think both Landeskog and MD are very good , perhaps excellent players, I`m not sure I`d put either in the "star" category.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
This guy is a Godsend. Fills out the top 6 and leaves a sniper and a playmaker for the 3rd line. At the deadline B's will acquire Stempniak again to fill out that 3rd line. Or maybe Drew Stafford.

Duguay

Stay at home Forward
Mar 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I think both Landeskog and MD are very good , perhaps excellent players, I`m not sure I`d put either in the "star" category.

No? At 24, he has more points than David Krejci and Brad Marchand did at the same age, and very close to what Bergeron had at that age. He also threatens 100 PIMS/year. I get the sense that Boston fans aren't really aware of this guys true value.

A 4 time 20 goal scorer who went plus 20 in his rookie season.

He's got lots more to give. Watch what he can do on a decent team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad