Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik

Root

Feb 22, 2010
insane vision/passes. very fun to watch him with Krejci and Pasta

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Made a couple gorgeous passes tonight. Watching him away from the puck made me appreciate him even more. He seems to see things really well. I don't want to get excited too soon but I think he may end up being pretty damn good once he gets more games under his belt, not that he doesn't already look good.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
His cross ice vision and the ability to execute is impressive.

However it is his ability to win the puck battles that is most shocking for a rookie. He's excellent on the boards and in open ice when it looks like he might cough up a turnover he stops, legally stick checks, and wins the puck back in time to find Pasta for chances.

He just needs to calm down a little, breath, and execute his shot. It's the only thing missing right now and if he can find it before the trade deadline, the Bruins might not feel the pressure for a big deal.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
His cross ice vision and the ability to execute is impressive.

However it is his ability to win the puck battles that is most shocking for a rookie. He's excellent on the boards and in open ice when it looks like he might cough up a turnover he stops, legally stick checks, and wins the puck back in time to find Pasta for chances.

He just needs to calm down a little, breath, and execute his shot. It's the only thing missing right now and if he can find it before the trade deadline, the Bruins might not feel the pressure for a big deal.
Gabe who??

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
really excited for Cehlarik, looked so dangerous tonight, magical passes.

Real good effort to win puck battles and I know he isnt super fast or anything but I think he skates real good...no issues at all.

Looks to be a very heady player, positioning good, knows how to get in some scoring areas or get the puck there.

Vision so good. Very impressed overall.

Better than Schaller getting top 6 minutes...remember when that was a thing?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
since it's fun to find NHL player comparables for kids, is Cehlarik the new Miro the Hero?

they have a lot in common. Both from Slovakia, terrific hands, lanky with deceptively long reach, decent speed, etc.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Many Bruins fans won't have watched this game I guess with the later start but the 2nd line was great and Cehlarik made some 10/10 passes that require insane vision/hockey IQ.

For years now we have been giving Krejci no-brain ******* wingers and then many here get on Krejci for not doing much or looking like he is "not trying". This year really took the cake with Schaller and Beleskey.

Krejci is an architect and artist and we were giving him brick layers to work with--the smartest forward on our team and he needed players that think like him --Cehlarik is just smart, smart, smart and that 2nd line is briliant.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
As I said in GDT, could have had four points (probably should have had at least two) if the Bruins had more finish and Jones didn't make a couple of great saves. Impressed is an understatement, hope he can keep it up.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Many Bruins fans won't have watched this game I guess with the later start but the 2nd line was great and Cehlarik made some 10/10 passes that require insane vision/hockey IQ.

For years now we have been giving Krejci no-brain ******* wingers and then many here get on Krejci for not doing much or looking like he is "not trying". This year really took the cake with Schaller and Beleskey.

Krejci is an architect and artist and we were giving him brick layers to work with--the smartest forward on our team and he needed players that think like him --Cehlarik is just smart, smart, smart and that 2nd line is briliant.

They were fantastic out there tonight. I will admit... I did not think Cehlarik's passing or vision was as good as it is but my lord can that kid dish the puck. Judging from his time in Providence, I thought he was more of a shoot first type. Once he gets that shot going, he and Pasta are going to tear this league a new one on opposite wings.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I thought I was really high on him going into the year (compared to the unwashed masses) and then I liked him lots in the preseason games but I see now that also underestimated him. There is (literally) no way he can keep up this level of play (from the Montreal and now San Jose games) because he should have 6pts between the 2 games and he's not a quite a 120pt winger....

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
He has fit in so well with Krejci and Pastrnak. Easily the most dangerous line for the Bruins offensively since getting called up. His passing is just amazing. Two points doesn't do his play justice, he could easily have 6+ over these last 3 games.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
If we're lucky, he's going to inspire a few more years of masterful peak-era Krejci. Hallelujah. I thought that he was truly lost for a while.

If all life is vibration, Cehlarik and DK are riding the same frequency. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I'm sure the extra time in Providence only helped, but it sure looks like there was no reason at all to keep him in the AHL while guys like Schaller, Beleskey, Nash ate up top 6 minutes...

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I'm sure the extra time in Providence only helped, but it sure looks like there was no reason at all to keep him in the AHL while guys like Schaller, Beleskey, Nash ate up top 6 minutes...

He had a back injury earlier in the season that most likely prevented his call up.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
The Bruins have gotten two great shots in the arm, the coaching change and the addition of Cehlarik. I would not change this line at all, why trade assets for Landeskog when he may not be any better on the Krejci line? We may have found our solution for a top 6 forward from within. The way this line is playing and only going to get better, I don't think they are the second line, they may be the first line or it could be a 1a and 1b type of thing.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The Bruins have gotten two great shots in the arm, the coaching change and the addition of Cehlarik. I would not change this line at all, why trade assets for Landeskog when he may not be any better on the Krejci line? We may have found our solution for a top 6 forward from within. The way this line is playing and only going to get better, I don't think they are the second line, they may be the first line or it could be a 1a and 1b type of thing.

He came so close on a quick snipe top right on Jones. Would have been a beauty. The hockey IQ is something else. Very happy for him.:nod:

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006

But Krejci was also skating at another gear last night. Could be the players, could be the could, maybe something else(?) but that certainly helps the es game. That line looked great out there. I'd like to see how they respond to some of the heavier teams in the league

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
But Krejci was also skating at another gear last night. Could be the players, could be the could, maybe something else(?) but that certainly helps the es game. That line looked great out there. I'd like to see how they respond to some of the heavier teams in the league

Id also like to see Krejci add a little finish to his game.....

Missed two golden opportunities to cash one in last night. Hope his line mates continue to produce those for him but he also needs to finish off the play. Thats why he gets payed the big bucks. Really felt like that game shouldnt have even sniffed OT between those chances and a few others in the first/second.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Yup exactly

He's been playing with men and against former NHL players in the SEL so he shouldn't be in awe.

Very exciting start

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Yup exactly

He's been playing with men and against former NHL players in the SEL so he shouldn't be in awe.

Very exciting start

Only 21...perhaps more prospects should try the SEL route. The passes he's making are without hesitation quick and tape to tape. Pasta could have had 3 off Cehlarik passes last night.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Only 21...perhaps more prospects should try the SEL route. The passes he's making are without hesitation quick and tape to tape. Pasta could have had 3 off Cehlarik passes last night.

didn`t see last night but what I`m most impressed with is the fact he appears to have adjusted to the much smaller ice surface meaning making plays faster is paramount.

Kid`s looked good

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Why would most North Americans play in the SEL when they have Juniors/NCAA and AHL (which is a comparable league IMO??) It's more about the fact that he has been facing competition made up of seasoned pros while at a young age (like Pasta) then the specific league.

I thought Cehlarik was OK last night, but I was half asleep watching the game last night. I have a hard time picking up and commenting on the "away from the puck" stuff when the game is on TV and I'm not there.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad