Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I've been hyping up our Swedish league scouting for a while, he's another gem from there.

Spoon fed

Nov 28, 2005
This kid can really pass. He's also very good away from the puck. Still needs to work on that first stride (as others have said here), but a really nice fit for Krejci.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Heinen will be fine

I knew Cehlarik would be good, played against men at a younger age. He's in great shape, good size, fluid skater and can develop a better first step with time and a great trainer he affords with a new NHL contact :naughty:

The drafting is starting to catch up

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I know one game doesn't exactly mean anything in the long run, but if he can play like he did tonight on a consistent basis, I think we have a keeper on our hands...

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
He's the real deal. Has fit right in. Making good decisive passes. Getting physical. Seems to have good IQ. Good frame. I know it's only 2 games, but wow has he looked good.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Heinen will be fine

I knew Cehlarik would be good, played against men at a younger age. He's in great shape, good size, fluid skater and can develop a better first step with time and a great trainer he affords with a new NHL contact :naughty:

The drafting is starting to catch up

Cehlarik > Heinen ... like much better

But celly is no ordinary rookie... poised beyond his age

Game looks slow to him, which is a great thing

Doesn't Celly remind you guys of Peter Nedved ??

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Roenick spoke highly of Cehlarik during the intermissions and post-game tonight. Krejci likes playing with him too.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
That line hurt habs tonite far as coverage. They had to pick which line they wanted to defend and choose Bergeron line.Different looking team now with more scoring spread out.The rookie fit in nice and it worked.

Last edited:

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Finally giving Krejci wingers that match his skill level. I liked Cehlerik at the WJCS and he meshes well with the higher skilled players in the NHL.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I've been begging for him since day 1 but it only made sense he play on NA ice first. So happy to see him playing well. This is no surprise to Bruins management. They were sold on him day 1. :nod:

If he's traded I will lose it!!!!

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Cehlarik > Heinen ... like much better

But celly is no ordinary rookie... poised beyond his age

Game looks slow to him, which is a great thing

Doesn't Celly remind you guys of Peter Nedved ??

Have no idea how Cehlarik would have looked under Clode,or Heinen under Cassidy.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Sent back to Providence?

I imagine it's just so he can continue to get some reps in while the big boys are on their mandated "break"...

Also gives them a roster spot to make a deal, but I hope they don't leave him there when the dust is settled. He looks like an NHL player and they should continue to cultivate that.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
I wonder. Would Clode's demand of system adherence have shown us a different Cehlarik? Probably.

Look at the way the team is playing under Cassidy and that will answer your question!
I remember some scholar on this board saying poor Clode couldn't make Chicken salad
From Chicken crap! Well don't look now but Cassidy has just accomplished that unattainable feat.
Did anyone notice that Adam MC Quade was the sniper on our first goal last night - could you imagine Clode seeing him pinch that far down the wall - he would have had a stroke.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Look at the way the team is playing under Cassidy and that will answer your question!
I remember some scholar on this board saying poor Clode couldn't make Chicken salad
From Chicken crap! Well don't look now but Cassidy has just accomplished that unattainable feat.
Did anyone notice that Adam MC Quade was the sniper on our first goal last night - could you imagine Clode seeing him pinch that far down the wall - he would have had a stroke.

Yes that was unusual for sure . I am not sure I like McQuaid or K Miller taking risks like that although it has worked for them so far , but if they want to unleash Krug , C Miller and even Chara , I say , go for it !

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Yes that was unusual for sure . I am not sure I like McQuaid or K Miller taking risks like that although it has worked for them so far , but if they want to unleash Krug , C Miller and even Chara , I say , go for it !

You and Clode think alike

Clode sees the game as you are this and that

while Cassidy sees versatility

i like Cassidys thinking better to be honest

Even if Mcquaid messed up that pass, a forward would have to cover for him...

trust

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Sent back to Providence?

I imagine it's just so he can continue to get some reps in while the big boys are on their mandated "break"...

Also gives them a roster spot to make a deal, but I hope they don't leave him there when the dust is settled. He looks like an NHL player and they should continue to cultivate that.

yes. He is too young to go on vacation lol

he probably wants to play some more hockey anyways

will be the 1st one called up by next Sunday

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: